Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,566 members, 7,816,384 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:32 AM

Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? (2271 Views)

Someone Posted Lady's Photo With 'RIP' Written On It. She Reacts / Ambulance Conveying Corpse Crashed In Uyo / What Was Written On A Gate In Ilupeju (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by Dething: 9:09pm On Jan 11, 2016
I have been noticing for some time now that "AMBULANCE" Is writen from right to left and even inverted some times the vehicles meant for that purpose. Is this a standard practice or just some countries? know one could give me any reasonable answer, not even the medical practionals. Can some just tell me please.

Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by haywire1: 9:12pm On Jan 11, 2016
It's inverted so dat wen u r inside a car in front of d ambulance u can look at d rear mirror and d name will be normal for u to see clearly.

I hope u understand now

#

1 Like

Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jan 11, 2016
[s]For the benefit of other road users driving in front of the Ambulance. Viewing the word from the car rear view corrects the placement. [/s]

The painter was left handed.
Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by mascot87(m): 9:15pm On Jan 11, 2016
The two guys above have said it all
Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by Destined2win: 9:17pm On Jan 11, 2016
haywire1:
It's inverted so dat wen u r inside a car in front of d ambulance u can look at d rear mirror and d name will be normal for u to see clearly.
I hope u understand now
[quote author=mulante post=41884967][s]For the benefit of other road users driving in front of the Ambulance. Viewing the word from the car rear view corrects the placement. [/s]
The painter was left handed.

Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by Dething: 9:26pm On Jan 11, 2016
Thank you guys. I have just been schooled!
Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by xpac01(m): 9:31pm On Jan 11, 2016
Nice one just learnt something.
Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by Melahou(m): 9:43pm On Jan 11, 2016
haywire1:

I hope u understand now

#

And why is the word "police" not written the same way on a police vehicle.
Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by haywire1: 10:16pm On Jan 11, 2016
Melahou:

And why is the word "police" not written the same way on a police vehicle.

Some countries have ther police inverted but here in Nigeria, police is written normal.

#

Re: Why Is Ambulance Written Inverted From Right To Left? by samjonson: 1:58pm On Feb 25, 2022
When seen through a mirror in the vehicles ahead, the word AMBULANCE is written inverted due to the fact that drivers will view it as AMBULANCE without inversion and give way to ambulance without any delay.

(1) (Reply)

From Airlord To Foreignlords, The World Of Nigeria's Sex-trafficking 'air Lords' / A Message To Nigerian Americans / Amazing Weeding Reception On A Boat Barge At Chevron Yard In Ogunu Delta State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.