Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,460 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Tesla Model S Now Park And Unpark Themselves In The Garage Without A Driver - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Tesla Model S Now Park And Unpark Themselves In The Garage Without A Driver (785 Views)

Tesla Model 3 Electric Car Can Now Park Itself Without A Driver Behind The Wheel / Olu Okeowo N2 Billion Garage: 6 Rolls Royce, 4 Phantoms, 2 Ghosts, 1 Bentley / Tesla Model S In Nigeria (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Tesla Model S Now Park And Unpark Themselves In The Garage Without A Driver by wearobo: 12:50pm On Jan 12, 2016
That's amazing. You can call tell your car to take you to the airport and have someone else summon it to your home such as your spouse and then you can summon it once your trip is done to pick you up from the airport. No need to pay parking at airport. This car never seems to stop amazing me. Elon Musk's goal of bring self-driving Tesla cars to market by 2018 is gradually becoming a reality. His company California-based electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors has released version 7.1 software updates to its cars, that come with a ''Summon feature'' which lets the Model S saloon and Model X crossover SUV autonomously park themselves in the garage just by click a button on your key fob, and the ability for you to call them up out of a parking spot via a smartphone when no one is inside the car, provided you the driver is 39 feet away from the car. -

The Tesla Version 7.1 update for autopilot also comes with other things like sticking to speed limits when entering a residential area. Now, apart from being able to autopark itself and self-drive to its owner, the Model saloon can also open your garage, park itself and close your garage door using a service known as Homelink. Isn't it cool? So when you are set to go to work or a function all you need do is stand outside and your will open up and drive to where you are.

As if automatic parking and summon weren't enough, Tesla says you will be able to send for your car and it will drive itself to wherever you are in the United States by the year 2018. But how would it charge? Don't worry Tesla confirmed that it will charge itself on the way. Tesla released Version 7.1 for Autopilot on October 15 last year and it allowed Model S owners worldwide to take their hands off the steering wheel on the highway.No sooner had Tesla released the feature than its customers did shit with it. For example, some posted Video of themselves seating in the backseat and allowing the car to do the driving even on public roads and areas.

Credit: http://www.wearobo.com/2016/01/version-71-software-update-tesla-cars.html#sthash.XxUTHfyW.dpuf

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Recommended Engine Oil Grade For My Honda Civic / Universal Keyless Remote Key / My Volvo V70 Model 2000, Will Go Off If I Apply Brake On Motion. What Can I Do

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.