Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,412 members, 7,822,919 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:24 PM

How To Code A Key To BMW X5 E53 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How To Code A Key To BMW X5 E53 (1494 Views)

2019 BMW X5 Unveiled (Photos And Details) / Driver Calls 911 While Going 100mph After His BMW X5's Throttle Gets Stuck / From Today , I Give My Life To BMW! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Code A Key To BMW X5 E53 by Dave1987: 8:45am On Jan 13, 2016
I bought this E53 with only one key, its remote function inop. I assumed it was dead, and not having a spare makes me nervous, so I ordered a new key at BMW in Deutschland. The price was €150 (about £120) which seems fair.

Time to program the new key to the car, eh? www.obdii365.com technician and others have it though. Here it is just in case anybody else needs it. So the next time somebody searches here they can find this.

It worked like a charm, and as an added bonus, the key that came with our car also coded up just fine. So now I have two fully-functional keys. Life is good.

PROCEDURE TO FOLLOW:

1. Get into the car. Close all doors.
2. Insert new key into ignition.
3. Turn one click to the right, then turn it back, within 5 seconds.
4. Remove the ignition key and hold it so you can push its buttons.
5. Press unlock button and hold. Don't let go until step 7.
6. Within 10 seconds press and release the lock button three times.
7. Release unlock button.
8. LED flashes slowly for 10 seconds (some models).
9. Central locking system locks and unlocks (some models).
10. Step 8 or 9 indicate correct programming.
11. Repeat the above if step 8 or 9 don't happen or LED keeps flashing.
12. Re-code your other keys quickly now (see below).

NOTE: There is a maximum of 4 programmable keys allowed.
Any other keys will need to be re-coded too now (but they will still start the car!)
Perform programming of each subsequent key within 30 seconds.

See https://www.bmwgm5.com/Key_Recode.htm for a scan of the owner manual page on this.

(1) (Reply)

Frsc Number Plate Registration: Be Warned / Buying Cars From Kaduna / What Are The Common Things You Should Take Note Before Getting A Good Engine Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.