Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,408 members, 7,826,579 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

How Can Jesus Be God Almighty - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can Jesus Be God Almighty (1814 Views)

How Can Jesus Give Everlasting Life To Immortal Beings? / I Have Repented From GAYISM, Jesus Be Praised / What Is The Hypostatic Union? How Can Jesus Be Both God And Man Simultaneously (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Go Down)

How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 5:30pm On Jun 19, 2009
1- How can Jesus be GOD Almighty in the light of the following verses?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 12:29 Jesus said "Here, O Israel: The Lord our God is one Lord." The words "our God" indicate that Jesus had a higher God over him, a stronger God than him. Jesus didn't say "Your God". He said "our God" which includes Jesus as the creation of GOD.

If Jesus was GOD, then why did he ask for GOD's Forgiveness in Luke 23:34? Please visit How can Jesus be GOD Almighty when he asked for GOD's Forgiveness?

If Jesus was GOD, then why Mark 15:34 says "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice, "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

If Jesus was GOD, then did Paul say in 1 Corinthians 8:6 "yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live."

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 Jesus said "Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"? Can't GOD do anything he wills?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father (GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”?

Also in Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: ""Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone."

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus begged his GOD to have mercy on him and to pass the cup to death (kill Jesus in another words) before Jesus goes through the pain of crucifixion? Also see: Jesus' crucifixion in Islam

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 18:38 he didn't reply when he was asked about the truth?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 24:36 Jesus said "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." Jesus told his followers that no one (including Jesus) knows when the judgment day will come, only GOD knows?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Isaiah 11:2-3 GOD had put the spirit of fearing GOD in Jesus? Also see GOD's Spirit in the many others beside Jesus.

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:31 Jesus told his followers that if he (Jesus) bears witness of himself, then his record is not true?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:30 Jesus told his followers that he can't do a single thing of his own initiative?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:36-38 Jesus said that GOD had assigned him (Jesus) work and GOD is a witness on Jesus?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 5:32 Jesus told his followers that they have never seen GOD at anytime nor ever heard his voice?

If Jesus was GOD, then why did he pray to his GOD in Luke 5:16?

If Jesus was GOD, then why in Matthew 26:39 Jesus fell on his face and prayed to his GOD?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in Hebrew 5:7 he prayed and cried for GOD to hear him and give him mercy by saving him from death?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 1:18 he said "No one has ever seen God, but God the One and Only, who is at the FATHER'S side, has made HIM known." Where do you see Trinity in this Verse?

If Jesus was GOD, then how come in John 5:37 he said "And the FATHER who sent me has himself testified concerning me. You have never heard HIS voice nor seen HIS form," Jesus and the GOD are different. People heard Jesus, but never heard GOD.

2- The "God" title given to others beside Jesus:

Please visit The "God" title in the Bible was given to others in the OT and NT. Answering Isaiah 9:6.

3- The "Son" title also given to others beside Jesus:

How come Christians take the "God's Son" title literally with Jesus and they don't take it literally for the rest of the prophets and people who were called the Sons of God?

In John 3:16 Jesus was called God's only Begotten Son.

In Exodus 4:22 "Thus saith Jehovah, Israel is my son, even my firstborn." Israel was called God's First Son.

In Jeremiah 31:9 "I am a father to Israel, and Ephraim is my firstborn." Ephraim is God's First Son and First Born.

In Psalm 2:7 ", Jehovah had said onto me (David), thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee." David was called God's Begotten Son.

4- Jesus' Miracles were not unique in the Bible:

If Jesus is believed to be GOD because he could do miracles, he could heal leprosy, he could cause blind men to see, or raise the dead, then what about the others who performed the same miracles?

Elisha and Elijah fed a hundred people with twenty barley loaves and a few ears of corn (2 Kings 4:44). Elisha told Naaman, who was a leper, to wash in the river Jordan (2 Kings 5:14) and he was healed. Elisha caused a blind man to see in (2 Kings 6:17,20). Elijah and Elisha raised the dead in (1 Kings 17:22, and 2 Kings 4:34). Even Elisha's dead bones restored a dead body in (2 Kings 13:21). Indeed Jesus had prophesied that people will worship him uselessly and will believe in doctrines not made by GOD but by men "But in vain they do worship me, teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. (Matthew 15:9)"

In Matthew 15:9 above, we see Jesus warning that Trinity (the bogus lie) will dominate, and people will take Jesus as GOD and worship him, which is a total sin according to what Jesus said !!.

Allah Almighty (GOD) in the Noble Quran (The Muslims' Holy Scripture) states in Verse 5:72 "They do blaspheme who say: 'God is Christ the son of Mary.' But said Christ: 'O Children of Israel ! worship God, my Lord and your Lord.' "

Also in Noble Verse 5:73 "They do blaspheme who say God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them."

And also in Noble Verse 4:171 "O People of the Book! Commit no excesses in your religion: Nor say of God aught but the truth. Christ Jesus the son of Mary was (no more than) an apostle of God, , "

Source:
http://www.answering-christianity.com/questions.htm
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Ogaga4Luv(m): 6:03pm On Jun 19, 2009
@ Poster
Jesus is not a God,believe it or let it!,Top secrets must definately be expossed to the interested.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 6:11pm On Jun 19, 2009
Ogaga4Luv:

@ Poster
Jesus is not a God,believe it or let it!,Top secrets must definately be expossed to the interested.

ThANK YOU, this is a clear message to those who say JESUS is GOD
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Horus(m): 10:29pm On Jun 19, 2009
Many Christians believe that Yashu’a (aka Jesus) is the one, absolute God. According to the Old Testament, New Testament and the Koran, Yashu’a himself never said that he was the only God, which the Greek version of the Bible called Thehos meaning “God, Diety” and in Aramic (Hebrew) of the Torah we see Yahweh meaning “an Eloheem,” as well as a host of other names.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 12:43am On Jun 20, 2009
There is even confussion in christianity, some sect say he is god while others refute it that he is only a son of god
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 1:06pm On Jun 20, 2009
Islam is the only meaningful and way to salvation,
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by noetic2: 1:17pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

what is salvation in islam?
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:24pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Islam is the only way meaningful to muslims, what the heck is salvation anyway.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 1:34pm On Jun 20, 2009
Go and check ur dictionary and report back to me
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Chrisbenogor(m): 1:36pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Go and check ur dictionary and report back to me
Tell me just why you think that there is a God Almighty?
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:49pm On Jun 20, 2009
Jesus was God in human form.  If I give you a small slice of cheese from a large block (the taste being constant throughout the whole block of cheese), and you spit out the cheese saying you hate the taste, then you reject the whole block.  Jesus was God manifest in human form.  If the Jews rejected Him, they rejected the Father also.  He who is of God hears God's Words.  The Apostle John later stated in his epistle,

"Whosoever denies the Son, the same has not the Father: (but) he that acknowledges the Son has the Father also" (1 John 2:23; John 10:30)
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:12pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

I don't think that Mo had this assurance of salvation considering the hadith below:

"By Allah, though I am the Apostle of Allah, yet I do not know what Allah will do to me" (Hadith vol.5. no.266). undecided
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 2:20pm On Jun 20, 2009
This is also the saying of Prophet muhammad in an authentic hadith 'no man will know God except through me' and also 'he who hate me hate God' Prophet muhammad never claim to be God, he is a messenger just like Jesus son of Mary and they preached in one thing which is islamic monetheism, again i ask u provide us a verse that jesus say 'I Am God', don't quote me the word Lord because we are meant to know that a master or leader is a Lord, just like how lawyer addressed the judge as 'YES MY LORD' or the owner of the house u live as landLORD, thus, are they God ?, may Allah open ur heart amen
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:49pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

This is also the saying of Prophet muhammad in an authentic hadith 'no man will know God except through me' and also 'he who hate me hate God' Prophet muhammad never claim to be God, he is a messenger just like Jesus son of Mary and they preached in one thing which is islamic monetheism, again i ask u provide us a verse that jesus say 'I Am God', don't quote me the word Lord because we are meant to know that a master or leader is a Lord, just like how lawyer addressed the judge as 'YES MY LORD' or the owner of the house u live as landLORD, thus, are they God ?, may Allah open ur heart amen

Can you make your mind up on what topic you want to address, T.B. Joshua or the Deity of Christ?  and can you quote the hadith or Surahs that you are referring to or are you just plagiarising the Bible, using the verse I quoted in reverse?

You asked me to provide a verse that says "I AM GOD", I not only have a verse but many verses where Jesus declared Himself to be God but will you believe Him?  If you checked out the verses suggested earlier you might have some joy but I don't think you are interested in knowing about them now.

Below are where Jesus claimed to be Yahweh ("I AM"wink

John 8:24; 8:58;18:4-6;

And as a parting shot, I'll leave you with this illumination:

"And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached to the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory." -- 1Timothy 3:16
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 5:28pm On Jun 20, 2009
Hey man, no verse there claim jesus said 'I Am God' if u can't provide them then u are simply brainwash to make u believe something which jesus never claim, the pilates and the people slapped jesus, spat on him even struck him, are u saying the people did all this tn God almighty ? This is blasphemy, Glory be to God the exalted who never die nor slumber neither eat nor drink, indeed if u say christ is God then the christian god is a weak god, humiliated by the pilates, and a crying god mathew 5:17-18, an ignorant god who does not know the last hour and so on
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by noetic2: 8:05pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

Hey man, no verse there claim jesus said 'I Am God' if u can't provide them then u are simply brainwash to make u believe something which jesus never claim, the pilates and the people slapped jesus, spat on him even struck him, are u saying the people did all this tn God almighty ? This is blasphemy, Glory be to God the exalted who never die nor slumber neither eat nor drink, indeed if u say christ is God then the christian god is a weak god, humiliated by the pilates, and a crying god mathew 5:17-18, an ignorant god who does not know the last hour and so on
thou ignorant slave . . . . .what is salvation in islam?
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Nobody: 8:07pm On Jun 20, 2009
noetic2:

thou ignorant slave . . . . .what is salvation in islam?

they just steal biblical terms and then tell you to go check the dictionary as if allah wrote that too.
He talks about "salvation" in islam and cant tell us WHAT salvation is and what allah is saving them from and how to obtain such salvation.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by noetic2: 8:09pm On Jun 20, 2009
davidylan:

they just steal biblical terms and then tell you to go check the dictionary as if allah wrote that too.
He talks about "salvation" in islam and cant tell us WHAT salvation is and what allah is saving them from and how to obtain such salvation.

That would be an interesting topic, since allah already decreed them all to hell. what is allah saving them from again?
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
Jesus is not God Almighty, instead he is God almighty's attributes and qualities manifested in the flesh (in a man). John 1:14.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 10:43pm On Jun 20, 2009
salvation in islam ? u david u should be ashame of urself for being in muslim section yet u don't know islam salvation
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jun 20, 2009
Abuzola:

salvation in islam ? u david u should be ashame of urself for being in muslim section yet u don't know islam salvation

explain to me pls . . . i am truly ashamed.

What is allah saving you from?
Why?
how do you obtain this salvation?

thank you
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 10:53pm On Jun 20, 2009
And why should i answer ur question ? so that u can use it against islam ? if i tell u how is it goin to change u
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by noetic2: 11:48pm On Jun 20, 2009
this is FREE comedy grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Nobody: 12:05am On Jun 21, 2009
Abuzola:

And why should i answer ur question ? so that u can use it against islam ? if i tell u how is it goin to change u

just simply say you have no idea because SALVATION as a concept is ABSENT from the quran or islam as a whole. Islam is predicated on WORKS . . . you foolish slaves of the devil just cherry-pick nice-sounding terms from the bible and apply it without using your brains to understand what it means.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 12:47pm On Jun 21, 2009
For years u guys have been reluctant to accept the true religion to salvation because satan has found an abode in your heart, the resident of people like u in hell is phenomenon. Am not so stupid to be answering all your questions since my short stay on nairaland i already know that u are deluded and far astray to even be guided by Al RAHMAN
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by alphamode(m): 11:41pm On Jun 21, 2009
All dis reason abt bible and Jesus, people need 2 understand dat it is human beings lik us who wrote dis bible based on thier own concept abt God and for thier purpose.The creation story of bible is a mockery, people hv lived in Africa for abt 6000 yrs before the bible was written, the western world is the youngest race on dis planet earth so who r ther to tell us abt creation, The bible doesn't worth ponderin over.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Marlbron: 6:58pm On Jun 22, 2009
Poster,

It is difficult to understand the deity of the Son of God and the Son of God. I do not blame Mohammed for calling him a prophet because Mohammed like other prophet did not understand the Godhead properly. Moses, Mohammed and other prophets were taught by angels not God almighty, In that respect their knowledge can never be accurate.

It is not an easy business to understand the abracadabra of God. In this era, the last days the only person that can teach us us the Holy Spirit. That Spirit is also God. Jesus talked about his coming and Mohammed also informed his followers that the Holy Spirit would come. The Godhead consist of God the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit. Now most religions do not even pray to God directly but to lower angels of God. So they don't even know the son not to talk about knowin the Father
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 9:48pm On Jun 22, 2009
Don't talk to us as if we are ignorant people boy, now u claim God talked to jesus directly without the interval of angel like other Prophets, very good, now u accept that jesus wasn't God but was a holy man of God, i absolutely agree with u
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by bindex(m): 10:53pm On Jun 23, 2009
Abuzola:

Don't talk to us as if we are ignorant people boy, now u claim God talked to jesus directly without the interval of angel like other Prophets, very good, now u accept that jesus wasn't God but was a holy man of God, i absolutely agree with u

Who the Bleep is mohammed and allah? Don't you know that mohammed is the greatest lair and plaigiarist that ever lived?
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 11:16pm On Jun 23, 2009
Hell is the final destination for those who disbelieve in the apostle Muhammad (P.B.U.H), bindex i pity ur life in hell
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Krayola(m): 1:54am On Jun 24, 2009
I doubt that "God" would have made one man, at one place, at a certain period in history, the be all and end all of everything that has ever happened and ever will on this earth. Something about that just isn't right, in my opinion.
Re: How Can Jesus Be God Almighty by Abuzola(m): 8:05pm On Jun 24, 2009
God is real and truely exist

(1) (2)

Atheism Is Not For Me / Is The Holyspirit This Cheap?? / Purgatory: Purifying Fire Or Fatal Fable? By Mike Gendron.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.