Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,792 members, 7,810,061 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:46 PM

What Next After Service? - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / What Next After Service? (2202 Views)

What Did You Do With Your NYSC Uniform After Service? / Life After Service Is Serious In The Labour Market,these What U Need Why Serving / My First Job After Service Year (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Next After Service? by luckygirl02(f): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2016
WHAT NEXT AFTER SERVICE?
fellow corps Members! My fear for the future made me come up with this. Pls find the time to read and digest.

In a standard society, we have all satisfied the requirements for success by being graduates. But unfortunately, Nigeria is nt yet a standard society. This is a country where things work the opposite way.

In a modern world, your success starts after your graduation but in Nigeria, your trials and tribulations just begin. That is when you will wake up to the realities of life. That is when you will realize that the hustle and struggle are real.

I am not referring to those who were born with silver spoons. I am actually referring to those of us who were born and raised with wooden spoons. What next after the service year? Have you asked yourself this question? Have you?

Most of us would have thought of getting white collar jobs, but the truth is that white collar jobs can no longer go round. Even green, blue, orange or whatever collar jobs are now difficult to come by.

I have seen graduates of two to three years jobless. I have seen graduates earning less than 10k per month, working as primary sch teachers. What form of underemployment can be worse that that?

Nigeria is no doubt a rich country bt unfortunately the wealth of this nation is concentrated in the hands of a tiny percentage of the population. This is to tell you that the govt can not help us. Things can get better only when the beautiful ones get to power.

But before then what are you willing to do differently, from what the previous unemployed and underemployed graduates have been doing so that you will nt find yourself in their shoes? What next after the service yr?

Some of us are clamouring for increase in the federal allowance. But do you know that when the allawee stop coming in that is when you would realize that 19800naira is a lot of money.

Ladies and gentlemen corp member! Now is the time to plan. There is power in proper planning. keep asking yourself this question every morning, continue asking yourself this question every waking moment. What next after service?

I am a batch A corp member currently serving in sokoto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Next After Service? by Nobody: 10:48am On Jan 14, 2016
The hot dirty slap from the streets and labour market.
Re: What Next After Service? by Nobody: 1:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
Join military,police or even Man O war u knw man must wack
Re: What Next After Service? by winta2007(m): 8:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
Youths have to wise up and know that our Government don't have anything for them.

Seriously I am planning to go for service this year, but I am working as a freelancer online I know how much I make monthly.

I am building my income online, I dont have time to look for jobs.

We have to have that in mind, develop skills and you will see people looking for you.

1 Like

Re: What Next After Service? by Kingzy4pep(m): 10:19pm On Jan 14, 2016
luckygirl02:
WHAT NEXT AFTER SERVICE?
fellow corps Members! My fear for the future made me come up with this. Pls find the time to read and digest.

In a standard society, we have all satisfied the requirements for success by being graduates. But unfortunately, Nigeria is nt yet a standard society. This is a country where things work the opposite way.

In a modern world, your success starts after your graduation but in Nigeria, your trials and tribulations just begin. That is when you will wake up to the realities of life. That is when you will realize that the hustle and struggle are real.

I am not referring to those who were born with silver spoons. I am actually referring to those of us who were born and raised with wooden spoons. What next after the service year? Have you asked yourself this question? Have you?

Most of us would have thought of getting white collar jobs, but the truth is that white collar jobs can no longer go round. Even green, blue, orange or whatever collar jobs are now difficult to come by.

I have seen graduates of two to three years jobless. I have seen graduates earning less than 10k per month, working as primary sch teachers. What form of underemployment can be worse that that?

Nigeria is no doubt a rich country bt unfortunately the wealth of this nation is concentrated in the hands of a tiny percentage of the population. This is to tell you that the govt can not help us. Things can get better only when the beautiful ones get to power.

But before then what are you willing to do differently, from what the previous unemployed and underemployed graduates have been doing so that you will nt find yourself in their shoes? What next after the service yr?

Some of us are clamouring for increase in the federal allowance. But do you know that when the allawee stop coming in that is when you would realize that 19800naira is a lot of money.

Ladies and gentlemen corp member! Now is the time to plan. There is power in proper planning. keep asking yourself this question every morning, continue asking yourself this question every waking moment. What next after service?

I am a batch A corp member currently serving in sokoto.
Re: What Next After Service? by DONFASZY(m): 6:12am On Jan 18, 2016
a gud set up business....wit major efforts...say buyin n selling.....salary jobs...#Slowdownachievement#
perhaps n gud husband. .. n run d race of Life...
Re: What Next After Service? by spacks(m): 3:12pm On Jan 18, 2016
true talk
Re: What Next After Service? by davidlogan: 11:50pm On Jan 19, 2016
winta2007:
Youths have to wise up and know that our Government don't have anything for them.

Seriously I am planning to go for service this year, but I am working as a freelancer online I know how much I make monthly.

We have to have that in mind, develop skills and you will see people looking for you.

Please, any hint on a freelancer job online?
Re: What Next After Service? by winta2007(m): 10:58am On Jan 20, 2016
davidlogan:

Please, any hint on a freelancer job online?

I work on fiverr.com as a graphics designer.
Re: What Next After Service? by chrislong(m): 8:34am On Jul 21, 2016
How come i didnt see u in sokoto smiley

1 Like

Re: What Next After Service? by vickifeanyi47(m): 10:56pm On Jul 21, 2016
winta2007:

Hello I'm currently serving. also interested in freelancer online..can we talk privately.. vifeanyi47@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: What Next After Service? by IphieBPI: 5:03pm On Jul 24, 2016
An interesting subject here! What Next After NYSC?

Will you join the long queue of people waiting for their dream job for years, or accept whatever job You get? Maybe 50k-70k per month or luckily 80k-90k monthly. Probably after tax and pension deduction, you get between 40k - 60k smiley
Then after transportation and feeding you get to borrow to look good to work.

Who says you can't start taking care of your Future from Today? Who says you can't keep searching while you build your Business? Who says you can't have your own business alongside your job?

Today! Lots of people are only just realizing that they have been enslaved for sooo long! In *Jobs*

If you are motivated to succeed, do not and can't settle for little and want to take charge of your tomorrow, Find out about our Business that could earn you Financial Freedom.

It took me 7 years of enslavement *job* to find out I could be financially free, but you don't have to take that long.
#bulletproofincome #askhow

(1) (Reply)

Acca- Nysc / Nysc Deployment State Full? / 8 Secrets No One Will Tell NYSC 2018 Batch A Pcms (stream Issue)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.