Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,120 members, 7,818,360 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? (735 Views)

John Terry Set For Trial In Anton Ferdinand Race Case / Nine Players Set For Arsenal Exit / 10 Barcelona Players Facing Drug Test. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by Billw(m): 9:29am On Jun 20, 2009
Good day, fellow sports fans.i need your opinion on this matter.for an example just think of the outragious sum Real.M are offering for C.Ronaldo or that which man.city once offered for Kaka.pls lets know your opinion
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by vikiviko(m): 2:49pm On Jun 20, 2009
Football is big business and big Players cost money and they attract people to the stadia
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by chidichris(m): 5:37pm On Jun 20, 2009
oga, you are in the same school of thought with platini but no sum is outragious like u mentioned here. for a club like real madrid, they can cover the money they spent on ronaldo only in the pre-season.
those big players worth any amount and be informed that they are not useful only on the pitch, they are also useful inside the market. they can also attract big deal endorsements and the clubs will benefit depending on the contract terms.
moreover, it is not by force that a club must buy. so if the price no reach ur club, u go go look for somewhere else.
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by sabaestate(m): 5:54pm On Jun 20, 2009
I think the price of any player
is dependence on how well
he or she can perform.

for me i think its not wise
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by chidichris(m): 5:04pm On Jun 28, 2009
platini and wenger have this same belief.
they shld go and seat down.
if we follow this theory, football will be a funny game to watch.
they don't want to make room for big teams and small ones.
they are both french stingy fellows.
obviously platini has nothing to offer as a uefa president. he has just completed last season as a controversial one but might anything go wrong in the new season, they will surely show him the back doors.
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by biola44: 9:31am On Jun 29, 2009
lol
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by tayoccu(m): 12:28pm On Jun 29, 2009
at this rate the money bags will ruin the game.
Imagine valuing pato @ $50 million? it's crazy,
imagine man city offering eto'o 250,000 pounds per week?

soon the game will be all about the money.
it'll end up like wrestling (WWE).
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by philip0906(m): 12:51pm On Jun 29, 2009
chidichris:

platini and wenger have this same belief.
they shld go and seat down.
if we follow this theory, football will be a funny game to watch.
they don't want to make room for big teams and small ones.
they are both french stingy fellows.
obviously platini has nothing to offer as a uefa president. he has just completed last season as a controversial one but might anything go wrong in the new season, they will surely show him the back doors.
nice one there @chidichris wink
I also like this point u made
they are both french stingy fellows
.He wants to make football equal,so dat a french team will win the champions league(then he will b hailed in france grin).cos the french people seem to b stingy,dats y no french team will EVER win the champions league. cheesy cheesy
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by tkb417(m): 1:10pm On Jun 29, 2009
@Topic
A resounding YES
If not some clubs will never be able to catch up with the big guns.

And something keeps telling me the bubble will soon burst my prayer is that it doesnt affect my club grin
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by biina: 4:44pm On Jun 29, 2009
You cannot put a control on players salary and transfers without also controlling the source of income. Either you run a free market system or you control everything. You cannot have bayern essentially getting a free stadium, while Madrid can negotiate individual TV rights, and some small clubs not allowed to play european games in their own stadia.

The conditions vary in the different league, and unless such rules are first successfully implemented on the domestic scene, you cannot seek such on the international stage. Bayern cannot be cash bullying other teams in the bundesliga, and turn around to cry foul when they in turn get bullied in Europe by the likes of Madrid, Chelsea, and ManU.

I wonder how they would determine the right figure to capthe fees.

The only thing I feel is needed is for transfer fees, salaries, and buy out clauses to be proportional. It is absurd for a player like toure to have a buyout clause of $100M, which exceeds the total amount of money the club would pay him for his services till the end of his contract (the guy used to be on $2M with a $60M buyout clause). Also the buyout clause should be pro-rated with the time remaining on the contract.
Re: Should A Price Limit Be Set For Buying Players? by BrigGen: 6:09pm On Jul 10, 2009
Ultimately, football lovers like you and, em, er

(I never buy original jersey or ticket before o cheesy)

Anyway, I dey buy the products of the companies wey dey advertise.

Ok, to return to what I was saying before the rude interpre―

Sorry, interr,

Na we dey determine how much players dey get.

Investors dey base their investment on to say we dey value the players (No be 80,000 fans go meet Ronaldo so?)
15 jerseys/minute (Pay as you go nko? wink)

Dem go make them money back by next week shocked

Some of the large checks are a marketing strategy, to create buzz and drive ticket and merchandise sales.

No Long Thing: Everything Na Format!

If fans say dem no dey chop, fees go drop.

Na demand and supply be that.

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal Boss Arsene Wenger: We Can Beat Chelsea And Liverpool / Man Utd Vs Stoke City / Sunderland Vs Man City 1-0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.