Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,594 members, 7,812,945 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:14 PM

Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? (5036 Views)

Smile Or Spectranet / Ntel Or Spectranet! / How To Unlock Your Swift, Smile Etc MIFI To Use Ntel Sim. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Samguine: 1:08pm On Jan 14, 2016
Good day everyone. Please, I work around Lekki in Lagos and I want to subscribe to one of the two ISP's above. I need internet facilities in my office which would cater for about 5 users. For those that are conversant with the two of them, which one would you advise I use in terms of speed, efficiency and cost. Thank you
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by donTbone(m): 1:10pm On Jan 14, 2016
In terms of speed and efficiency...
i'd pick swift...

Cost, i'd pick spectranet

In my own view, in terms of
quick response to probs,
SWIFT is better!
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by daphid25(m): 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
Spectranet moving like a train
But Smile is da best
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Samguine: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
donTbone:
In terms of speed and efficiency...
i'd pick swift...

Cost, i'd pick spectranet

In my own view, in terms of
quick response to probs,
SWIFT is better!

Thank you bro
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Samguine: 1:48pm On Jan 14, 2016
daphid25:

But Smile is da best

Thanks
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 2:25pm On Jan 14, 2016
daphid25:

But Smile is da best
That spectranet that is beginning to become annoying?
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:23pm On Jan 14, 2016
osenbarak:

Already? HAHAHAHA.
I predicted a working period of two years before these new ultra fast isps start reducing in service quality but I didn't think it'd happen so soon.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Cost: spectranet
Speed: Swift.

If u just need internet for emails, downloads and sd video streaming, getting stuff off the net, etc then u are better off with spectranet. I can stream YouTube at 360p seamlessly without buffering most time of the day. The price is 8k for 25gb which should be enough if u don't download heavy files too much. If u want a faster internet then swift would do, I think their 10k os for 20gb.

Most importantly it depends on ur location . I think u should ask people that live around there their experience.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 4:56pm On Jan 14, 2016
charix:

Already? HAHAHAHA.
I predicted a working period of two years before these new ultra fast isps start reducing in service quality but I didn't think it'd happen so soon.
The network can just disappear for hours. And sometimes, the network would be available but there would be no connection for hours. I mean hours, when you need it the most. Ridiculous.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 4:58pm On Jan 14, 2016
greenhulk:
Cost: spectranet
Speed: Swift.

If u just need internet for emails, downloads and sd video streaming, getting stuff off the net, etc then u are better off with spectranet. I can stream YouTube at 360p seamlessly without buffering most time of the day. The price is 8k for 25gb which should be enough if u don't download heavy files too much. If u want a faster internet then swift would do, I think their 10k os for 20gb.

Most importantly it depends on ur location . I think u should ask people that live around there their experience.
Spectranet works almost everywhere, it's area coverage is better than that of swift. I think smile does better than swift when it comes to speed. But it's the most expensive of the three.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Jan 14, 2016
osenbarak:

The network can just disappear for hours. And sometimes, the network would be available but there would be no connection for hours. I mean hours, when you need it the most. Ridiculous.
Chai. Sorry o. Naija for you. We the citizens always have to put up with mediocrity.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 5:37pm On Jan 14, 2016
osenbarak:

Spectranet works almost everywhere, it's area coverage is better than that of swift. I think smile does better than swift when it comes to speed. But it's the most expensive of the three.

Smile is the fastest, but also the most expensive and has the least coverage areas.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 5:46pm On Jan 14, 2016
charix:

Chai. Sorry o. Naija for you. We the citizens always have to put up with mediocrity.
It is really sad sha
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 5:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
greenhulk:

Smile is the fastest, but also the most expensive and has the least coverage areas.
Absolutely accurate
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by musicwriter(m): 8:40pm On Jan 14, 2016
Samguine:
Good day everyone. Please, I work around Lekki in Lagos and I want to subscribe to one of the two ISP's above. I need internet facilities in my office which would cater for about 5 users. For those that are conversant with the two of them, which one would you advise I use in terms of speed, efficiency and cost. Thank you

Haven't used SWIFT before, but have SPECTRANET, in fact that's what I'm using right now. SPECTRANET is cost effective but may hang sometimes when on Youtube. But, it used to be extremely fast some 1-2 years ago when they didn't have a lot of customers on their network. However, I heard they have business subscriptions that go as fast as 4Mbps/second. I don't think they have a great customer care, because they have only one phone number to call all branches nationwide. Not that they don't have phone numbers, but they hide branch numbers and expect you to call only the number on their pack.

The fastest is SMILE, but it's a bit elitist and expensive or should I say their data runs out very fast. I hate elitism.
It seems they deliberately don't want to over-crowd their network with more than enough customers, so they make their data run out very fast in order to retain only few customers who doesn't worry about budget. You can even increase your speed from 2Mbps/second to 21Mbps/second. They also have a good customer care, based on my experience.

SWIFT and SPECTRANET may be the same thing, that's why I haven't tried them yet. I think I will give them a try later in the year.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by daphid25(m): 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2016
osenbarak:

They're gradually losing customers
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Jan 14, 2016
daphid25:

The main reason people use them now is their cost. It's very very cheap compared to the competition. Last month they gave me 50gb for the 8,000 subscription (don't know if it was an Xmas present). I finished it within 2 weeks after some heavy downloading and YouTube. Subscribed another and they still have me 50gb again instead of 25gb. I'm still using it and will expire in 3 days... Gonna go into download mode from tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by daphid25(m): 9:51pm On Jan 14, 2016
greenhulk:

The main reason people use them now is their cost. It's very very cheap compared to the competition. Last month they gave me 50gb for the 8,000 subscription (don't know if it was an Xmas present). I finished it within 2 weeks after some heavy downloading and YouTube. Subscribed another and they still have me 50gb again instead of 25gb. I'm still using it and will expire in 3 days... Gonna go into download mode from tomorrow.
Lol, they wanna win back customers trust
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by honsule(m): 11:18am On Jan 15, 2016
osenbarak:

yea, most expensive, and very slow in Abuja. 400kb on IDM
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by scarr: 11:33am On Jan 15, 2016
honsule:

i also use in abuja, my highest bar has never gone above 3/5, yet my IDM avg 1mb>
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 1:20pm On Jan 15, 2016
honsule:

It's actually very ridiculous and annoying.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 1:21pm On Jan 15, 2016
daphid25:

I'm changing my ISP soon too
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
daphid25:

Lol, they wanna win back customers trust

Win fire. It was practically almost a waste when I put the sim in my Phantom 5.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by honsule(m): 1:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
scarr:

i also use in abuja, my highest bar has never gone above 3/5, yet my IDM avg 1mb>

imagine 1mb. shocked shocked A friend that used his smile in Ogun gets 16mb, and Average of 5mb. In Lagos the download speed is supersonic, wonder why Abuja own is different.I have lodged complain several times but all to no avail angry angry
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Bhordmars: 4:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
greenhulk:

grin
greenhulk:

Report ur locati0n broda. . .mk me nd mai crew c0me ur side.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by scarr: 6:56pm On Jan 15, 2016
honsule:

imagine 1mb. shocked shocked A friend that used his smile in Ogun gets 16mb, and Average of 5mb. In Lagos the download speed is supersonic, wonder why Abuja own is different.I have lodged complain several times but all to no avail angry angry
Max ive gotten in my location is 2mb(3/5 bars) but in wuse i get as much as 8mb on a good day.....i think they still use Lagos's servers cos when running speedtests, it pings from lagos
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by scarr: 7:05pm On Jan 15, 2016
osenbarak:

Win fire. It was practically almost a waste when I put the sim in my Phantom 5.
did you get network on the phantom 5?
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by Nobody: 7:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
Bhordmars:
;DReport ur locati0n broda. . .mk me nd mai crew c0me ur side.

That won't be necessary. I already exhausted it.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 6:32am On Jan 20, 2016
scarr:

did you get network on the phantom 5?
Yes, but wasn't as strong as when I put smile in it.
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by osenbarak: 6:37am On Jan 20, 2016
honsule:

That's unfortunate, my IDM speed here sometimes reaches 3MB or 4MB per second
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by honsule(m): 7:40am On Jan 20, 2016
osenbarak:

That's unfortunate, my IDM speed here sometimes reaches 3MB or 4MB per second

and ur location is? the average speed u get is?
Re: Swift Or Spectranet: Which Is Better? by scarr: 10:20am On Jan 20, 2016
osenbarak:

Yes, but wasn't as strong as when I put smile in it.

Thanks, just wanted to know if the sim would work on a 4G enabled phone

(1) (2) (Reply)

Trade Your Old Phones For A New With The Etisalat Buy Back Scheme / MTN 1k For 3gb, 2k For 7gb, 5k For 20gb, 10k For 44gb / MTN Barred From Further Sale Of SIM Cards?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.