Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,209 members, 7,822,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:47 AM

Going Back To Miserable "January" London - Will MISS Midlands - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going Back To Miserable "January" London - Will MISS Midlands (725 Views)

We Are Going Back To Libya - Libya Returnee Tells FG / NASA Is Going Back To The Moon But Doesn't Know How. / Transport For London Will Fight Off Uber's Appeal In Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Going Back To Miserable "January" London - Will MISS Midlands by truewhispers: 4:52pm On Jan 14, 2016
Match yesterday was quite boring, in the freezing cold- way to go Everton. but fallen in love with Manchester - not happy leaving Manchester.

Now to Boring and miserable London!

Miss Manchester!!

1 Share

Re: Going Back To Miserable "January" London - Will MISS Midlands by truewhispers: 5:04pm On Jan 14, 2016
At the match against Everton yesterday, many of the fans wanted Kelechi Ihenacho on but he only ran the sidelines - shame.

Freezing cold all through!

Missing Manchester already ..... Back to boring London to the Emirates to cover the Arsenal Match....

Wish I got the Man United match - reason to stay back in Manchester!

Re: Going Back To Miserable "January" London - Will MISS Midlands by espn(m): 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2016
nic1...lovely pics...stamford bridge on my mind this year....Amen...i love chelsea...miss my mentor mourhino...
Re: Going Back To Miserable "January" London - Will MISS Midlands by truewhispers: 12:39am On Jan 16, 2016
London. Central London tomorrow.

Saw a post on some guy's experience on the Nigerian train - thought I share that of inter-state (but video is refusing to upload) and will share that of the underground/overground in London (intracity- perhaps between zone 1 -4 or 3) or perhaps around Stamford Chelsea tomorrow and see how it compares.

I know a lot of what people say about the BRT in Nigeria but you will be shocked how people could be cramped in some of these trains (usually during peak periods) too in London! Until we begin to use the amenities in Nigeria and engage the people involved, it may not get better.

While a lot of people drive around in London, millions more, including the wealthy and highly placed white collar job execs ride the bus and the trains because it is cheaper and stress free (well maybe not the right word) but you are free from all dem parking troubles! In Nigeria, a regular banker can't even jump the BRT, claiming rich or sophisticated - measuring success by the number of cars or latest car he drives - one he has to get a ridiculous inflated interest loan to get and can't even trade in anytime to upgrade to the latest one anytime soon! A race of keeping up with the Jones!

Seriously, Nigeria has potential for real, only when the people themselves become realistic and honestly live humbly and stop forming unnecessary class that they forget to task the leadership to do the right things.

As old as everything in London is, it still works compare to the new life springing up in Abuja, Lagos, Enugu and the likes.

(1) (Reply)

4 Ways To Detox While On Vacation / What Do I Expect? / Motor Accident In Front Of Ikorodu General Hospital.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.