Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,397 members, 7,812,166 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:22 AM

Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) Test... Share Your Experiences - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) Test... Share Your Experiences (3041 Views)

The Worst Injuries You Have Had, Share Your Experiences / Where To Do Hsg Test / HSG Results (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) Test... Share Your Experiences by Rukkington(f): 5:30pm On Jan 14, 2016
What is a hysterosalpingogram?

A hysterosalpingogram, or HSG is an important
test of female fertility potential. The HSG test is
a radiology procedure usually done in the
radiology department of a hospital or outpatient
radiology facility.
Radiographic contrast (dye) is injected into the
uterine cavity through the vagina and cervix
The uterine cavity fills with dye and if the
fallopian tubes are open, dye fills the tubes and
spills into the abdominal cavity
This shows whether the fallopian tubes are open
or blocked and whether a blockage is at the
junction of the tube and uterus (proximal) or at
the other end of the tube (distal).

I have read about HSG online and watched the procedure on youtube but the whole process looks scary. I want to go for HSG test to know if my tubes are ok since it is the best thing to do for those of us that are TTC
Please I want you to share your HSG experience, I want to know how painful or painless it is. And also the cost of it
Re: Hysterosalpingogram (HSG) Test... Share Your Experiences by adeememman(m): 5:53pm On Jan 14, 2016
Ova to d doctors and those who have knowledge in dis field. Cc Lalasticala

(1) (Reply)

Stc Testimony / Fertilaid / Nursing Profession: A House Divided.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.