Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,361 members, 7,819,299 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

_SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / _SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server (1019 Views)

I Am Offering To Work On Two Website For Free To Boost My Portfolio / Does AJAX Technology Work On Mobile Phones??? / How Can I Download My Whatsapp Call Log. I Use An Iphone 5s (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

_SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jan 14, 2016
I'm kinda new in php

I'm building this member reg. logging in system from various codes I've gathered online. I was relatively satisfied with my work and Decided to host. but the login will not work. it works perfect on local host. the script is supposed to log a user in on successful authentication and redirect to indix.php echoing 'welcome, $_session ['username']...' just like Nairaland else echo invalid details

but instead it is redirecting to index.php and still showing 'welcome, guest...' It's really annoying becos it was working very fantastic on Local host.

pls do you think it has to do with my host (ipage.com)

I'm really confused my plans was to announce d forum b4 last weekend

any advice?

thanks
Re: _SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server by ChinenyeN(m): 11:07pm On Jan 14, 2016
Write it in caps/uppercase... $_SESSION["username"]. Also, make sure you actually have PHP available wherever you're hosting it.
Re: _SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server by Nobody: 5:17am On Jan 15, 2016
ChinenyeN:
Write it in caps/uppercase... $_SESSION["username"]. Also, make sure you actually have PHP available wherever you're hosting it.

Thanks bro

but I don't think that's actually the case, this is not my real syntax. like I said everything is perfect on xamp
Re: _SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server by Nobody: 6:34am On Jan 15, 2016
Let's see your code.
Re: _SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server by maekhel(m): 7:43am On Jan 15, 2016
Yungwizzzy:

Thanks bro

but I don't think that's actually the case, this is not my real syntax. like I said everything is perfect on xamp
You have to show the codes that handle the logging in so as to know how to help you.
Re: _SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server by Nobody: 1:52pm On Jan 15, 2016
When you guys post programming issues without a code, or screenshot or whatever.

1 Like

Re: _SESSION For Log In Refuses To Work On Real Server by greatMicheal: 10:33pm On Jan 16, 2016
@Yungwizzzy, your php code is alright. The problem you are having is from your host iPage. I have the same issue, tried everything humanly possible but to no avail. I have to abandon them for a new host. Google PHP session issue with Ipage and see what I mean.

(1) (Reply)

Online Travel Booking Systems / Please Help Me Fix This. Thanks / Job Vacancies: Web Developer At Ikoyi, Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.