Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,790 members, 7,810,055 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:38 PM

10 Crazy Mentalities Nigerians Need To Stop - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / 10 Crazy Mentalities Nigerians Need To Stop (757 Views)

Ebenezer Tunde Omobobami Begs Police To Stop Him From Being Ogun Chief Priest / Mentalities About Big Girls / 5 Igbo Stereotypes Some Nigerians Need To Drop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Crazy Mentalities Nigerians Need To Stop by jaelz(m): 6:30am On Jan 15, 2016
THE 10 CRAZY MENTALITY OF NIGERIANS

Nigeria a country blessed with so many mineral resources, yet still a 3rd world under developed country, with the verse amount of talents and potentials that abounds in the country it still pains me to know that Nigerians still behave like the apes in the jungles waiting for civilization to knock on their doors. Below are the ten crazy mentalities Nigerians exhibits:

1.) THE GADGET MENTALITY: everybody wants to use the biggest and latest gadget in town at any cost.

2.) THE CAR CRAZE: you’re living in a rented apartment but squashing the money for a duplex on car.

3.) THE AM NEVER WRONG PARENTING EPIDEMIC: only in Nigerian that you as a child is always wrong and can’t have a conversation with your parents telling them what they have done is wrong.

4.) THE BOYFRIEND / GIRLFRIEND SAGA: in Nigeria once people see you with a girl or boy holding hands they automatically assume you are in a sexual relationship with that person or living in the same room with a girl means ur sexually involved with that person.

5.) THE NAIJA GIRLS CELIBATECY SYNDROME: girls enjoy sex more than guys we all know but when you want to have sex with a Nigerian girl they all start acting celibate and playing hard to get until you lose interest in the whole sex game.

6.) THE CORRUPTION SPIRIT: once any one gets into position of power or authority all they think about is how to loot money and enrich themselves at the expense of the masses.

7.) THE CAREFREE ATTITUDE: from individual to the government we Nigerians have a very bad carefree attitude that makes us to only plan when there is an imminent danger at hand, or when the damage has already been done. This cam also be seen in the level of rot in our government owned facilities no proper maintenance plan.

8.) THE OVERSEAS MENTALITY: we Nigerians just believe that once you go abroad you just see money falling from the sky and life immediately becomes a bed of roses for you, nope dear it’s not so it’s actually better to be a king in the jungle than be a dog in the city.

9.) THE OIL / WHITE COLLAR JOB DISEASE: Nigerians don’t want to be entrepreneurs they have lived with the aching disease of finishing school and getting a white collar job in an oil firm or multinational company.

10.) CAREER PRESTIGE: most Nigerians fail to tap into the potentials that lie in other career area or professions, let’s face it I don’t think any doctor, engineer, lawyer or pharmacist is amongst the first 20 richest in the world? They all end up reading what their parents wanted them to read.

Others includes:

1.) Waiting to finish your food before eating your meat: i mean who even started that?
2.) Expecting Something when a rich person visits your house : that's really derogatory.
3.) Assuming that everybody who drives a car is a big person or well to do.

CC: onila,ishilove, seun, lalasticlala

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Crazy Mentalities Nigerians Need To Stop by dtruseeker(m): 6:34am On Jan 15, 2016
The truth is every Nigerian is quilty of at least one of the mention mentality
Re: 10 Crazy Mentalities Nigerians Need To Stop by DikSin(m): 6:45am On Jan 15, 2016
Blame ipob
Re: 10 Crazy Mentalities Nigerians Need To Stop by UltraSphinx(m): 8:45am On Jan 15, 2016
ur no 5 should be "celibacy" and not "celibatecy" op...
and as for the main ruse about a girl being a virgin, i think thats as a result of african core ethno-cultural norms and values and high prestige attached to being a virgin till marriage, so i don't see anything wrong about that
(even the bible declares that sex before marriage is fornication.. but we just can't do without it wink i thought you were going to address our homophobia since it seems all your points (APART FROM 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 cheesy ) are centered on emulating euro-american lifestyles at the expense of our societal values
Re: 10 Crazy Mentalities Nigerians Need To Stop by jaelz(m): 5:38pm On Jan 15, 2016
UltraSphinx:
ur no 5 should be "celibacy" and not "celibatecy" op...
and as for the main ruse about a girl being a virgin, i think thats as a result of african core ethno-cultural norms and values and high prestige attached to being a virgin till marriage, so i don't see anything wrong about that
(even the bible declares that sex before marriage is fornication.. but we just can't do without it wink i thought you were going to address our homophobia since it seems all your points (APART FROM 1, 2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 9 cheesy ) are centered on emulating euro-american lifestyles at the expense of our societal values

woah thanks alot

(1) (Reply)

Calling An Unmarried Man Baba Somebody / Oba Of Benin According To Oral Tradition / Photos From The One Year Memorial Service of Late Ooni Of Ife, Oba Sijuwade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.