Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,987 members, 7,814,367 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo (4106 Views)

Man Insists On Paying Extra Bride Price After Seeing His Wife In This Dress / Is Bride Price Necessary After All These? / 2016 Bride Price In Umuahia, Abia State (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by smarthG(f): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2016
My people from Enugu pls help me on this.

One of my brother-inlaw confineded in me on how the family has expressed no-financial-supportd if he so insist on marrying from affer Enugu.

He needs to know and have idea of what he is enbacking on since its a matter of the hearth.
The place is. ENUGU SOUTH L.G.A precisely.

Pls my pleople let's show love by sharing knowledge. People from Enugu and those that married from Enugu.....................?
Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by rheether(f): 10:08am On Jan 15, 2016
Bride price no dey cost nah. Nah the wedding una suppose worry about.

1 Like

Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by smarthG(f): 12:16pm On Jan 15, 2016
Thanks rheether

However, I need at least a clue; if its up to 200,000. Everything put together excluding ceremony expenses.
Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by jmoore(m): 1:55pm On Jan 15, 2016
Why can't he ask the girl he wants to marry?
Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by spiritsize(m): 2:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
The girl should be able to get him that info cos sometimes it differs from family to family

2 Likes

Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by VintageCocktail(m): 3:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
Remove that Delta Igbo tag please. We all are Igbos ...pure and simple.

Tell your brother to meet his intended in laws and continue from there. There is a list for bride price.

1 Like

Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by Sharp9: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2016
It varies from family to family( no fixed price).Some will demand like 50k, 50k that contains few #50 & #20. They family may just take 50 or 20 naira form d 50k and return the balance to you. That u cant pay for their daughter. I witnessed that severally. ask d babe anyway

1 Like

Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by Nigga44: 7:50am On Jan 16, 2016
The guy no get wahala.....Enugu people are cool headed and have some of the most decent women in Nigeria.

And their pride price is cheap too. They may tell you it's N100,000 but they will eventually collect only N100. It's tradition

3 Likes

Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by cicodeblazzer(m): 11:17pm On Sep 16, 2020
Which are you asking about....brice price or bride list or both? And where in enugu south to be precise because it differs from LGA to LGA as well as from COMMUNITY to COMMUNITY. So be specific
Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by prince2pac(m): 1:22am On Sep 17, 2020
cicodeblazzer:
Which are you asking about....brice price or bride list or both? And where in enugu south to be precise because it differs from LGA to LGA as well as from COMMUNITY to COMMUNITY. So be specific
bro it's four years later now,,, if they are married they should be with two kids.. why bringing up a dead thread... abi you took much of it

1 Like

Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by cicodeblazzer(m): 10:23am On Sep 17, 2020
prince2pac:
bro it's four years later now,,, if they are married they should be with two kids.. why bringing up a dead thread... abi you took much of it
OMG JESUS CHRIST. I didnt even look the date the op posted it. Just for clarity for future folks who would ask such question op asked
Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by prince2pac(m): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2020
Oya future folks over to you

Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by evil1: 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2020
smarthG:

One of my brother-inlaw confineded in me on how the family has expressed no-financial-supportd if he so insist on marrying from affer Enugu.

He needs to know and have idea of what he is enbacking on since its a matter of the hearth.

Pls my pleople let's show love by sharing knowledge. People from Enugu and those that married from Enugu.....................?
ur brother inlaw abi na u ?
talk true oga
Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by HotPoundedYam(m): 2:03am On Sep 18, 2020
smarthG:
Thanks rheether

However, I need at least a clue; if its up to 200,000. Everything put together excluding ceremony expenses.
hello how did the wedding later go
Re: What Is Bride Price In Enugu South - For A Delta Ibo by saintneo(m): 6:36am On Sep 18, 2020
smarthG:

Bride price is an immediate family thing, so it can be managed if the father of the bride is okay with the man.

Marriage list is a kindred thing, out of control of the father, unless the father doesn't involve his kindred which is very very rare. Since the groom is not from the same village, he will have to bring double of what a man from that village would have brought.

But my concern is why not get support(not financial support) from your family?

(1) (Reply)

I Buy Faulty And Abandon Electronic / High- Level Description Of The 16 Personality Types / Is There A Man Out There Who Would Forgive A Wife That Commits Adultry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.