Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,748 members, 7,820,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest (814 Views)

Participate In The 2018 APEN/AISEN Short Story Contest, Powered By Okadabooks / Fate And Fortune(a Short Story) / The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest by Hydronium(m): 10:52am On Jan 15, 2016
Entries are welcome for the AfrohBooks Short Story Contest.

Theme: What if books could change the world.

About the Prize

The AfrohBooks Short Story Prize is an annual award for unpublished short fiction administered and funded by AfrohBooks and other sponsors.
The author of the winning entry will win a cash sum of N20,000 (Twenty Thousand Naira only) and be published in the AfrohBooks Anthology. The winner will also be entitled to a professional editing coupon for a manuscript of up to 15,000 words.
Nine runner-ups will have their entry stories published in the AfrohBooks Anthology.
The final selection will be judged by a group of elite and experienced judges.

2. Mode of submission

All entries should be sent to submissions@afrohbooks.com. The story must be uploaded as a Microsoft Word document and saved with the title of the story.
The Microsoft Word document must contain the following in the given order:
1. Name of Entrant
2. One-paragraphed profile
3. Story

3. Entry Rules

Only one entry per writer may be submitted for the AfrohBooks Short Story Contest.
Entries must be original and should not have been published anywhere in full or in part.
All entries must be written in English.
Entries must be 1,000 words minimum, 2,000 words maximum.
Entries must be submitted via email only.
Subject of email should read: AfrohBooks Short Story Prize.
The deadline for receipt of entries is 22 January 2016 (12 noon GMT+1).
Stories can be an excerpt of a longer work.
Entries which do not comply with the above guidelines will not be considered.

About AfrohBooks
AfrohBooks is a platform that seeks to connect readers to exciting African authors in order to create a vibrant literary community where both reader and writer find fulfilment.
Start sending your stories to submissions@afrohbooks.com.

Source: www.afrohbooks.com/afrohbooks-short-story-contest/

1 Share

Re: The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest by dewalt(m): 6:18pm On Jan 15, 2016
Good evening, I read through the afrobooks short story contest. My kind of story is children prose. Can I also submit for the contest?
Thank you.
Re: The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest by Hydronium(m): 12:02pm On Feb 09, 2016
dewalt:
Good evening, I read through the afrobooks short story contest. My kind of story is children prose. Can I also submit for the contest?
Thank you.

I'm sorry, but I didn't see this earlier. I dint think there's a restriction as regards genre. You can still submit. Its been extended to Feb 12. I'll look for the link and post it soon.
Re: The Afrohbooks Short Story Contest by Hydronium(m): 12:04pm On Feb 09, 2016
afrohbooks.com/afrohbooks-short-story-contest/
That's the new info. You can still submit.

(1) (Reply)

The Rule Is Not “A” Before Consonants And “an” Before Vowels / How We Fought Apartheid In Nigeria – Pa Alfred Rewane / Roses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.