Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,775 members, 7,810,023 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:48 PM

If You Have Cleared A Vehicle In Lagos In The Last 6 Months: How Much? Share - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / If You Have Cleared A Vehicle In Lagos In The Last 6 Months: How Much? Share (1189 Views)

Clearing A Vehicle In Lagos / Know The Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria ! / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You Have Cleared A Vehicle In Lagos In The Last 6 Months: How Much? Share by promise72(m): 1:32am On Jun 21, 2009
I am creating this thread for anyone who has cleared a vehicle thru Lagos port in the last 6 months to share with us the cost and experience(s). Good  grin or bad  cry.    You can also give recommendations

Just tell us the type of car cleared and the cost. Your experience? Let us know too.

(Don't try to ask people to call or email you in private for any recommendation. If you cant share it here. Keep it for yourself.Period!)

To fellow forumites: Please check and re-check any recommended agent before you use them. Ask for reference(s) before committing any money at all.

Thanks
Re: If You Have Cleared A Vehicle In Lagos In The Last 6 Months: How Much? Share by ObamaUS: 7:19am On Jun 21, 2009
I cleared a toyota sienna 09,08jeep liberty and 09 toyota camry, paid 2.1m for all the three vehicles and didn't really experience anything because the agent i use knows his way round those things, did the clearing in april,
Re: If You Have Cleared A Vehicle In Lagos In The Last 6 Months: How Much? Share by sultaan(m): 8:37pm On Jun 21, 2009
N700k per car should be a no no.Such is not economically feasible(only in Nigeria)
Re: If You Have Cleared A Vehicle In Lagos In The Last 6 Months: How Much? Share by Emperoh(m): 8:50am On Jun 22, 2009
Na wa ooh!! 700k per car.

OP
Just cleared a 2003 Toyota 4Runner for 350k and had it in 5days. I think it was the fastest the agent has done for me.
I have had to very sad experiences with containerised cars.
They didn't only take longer, i paid demurhage on them and heavy one at that.
The congestion then didn't help matters. Ship arrived first week of March but i didn't get the containers until a week before Easter. sad sad
It was very frustrating. . . . . . . but thank God it wasn't as bad a what happened to me last december when i had to clear a container twice.

Till further notice, i won't do Containerised again. if you wanna do RORO pls try and use Grimaldi. PTML i think has the safest RORO terminal.
Re: If You Have Cleared A Vehicle In Lagos In The Last 6 Months: How Much? Share by KunleA2(m): 3:01am On Nov 11, 2009

(1) (Reply)

2003 Honda End Of Disscussion;price:1.56 M Naira;see Picture,+229-99748098 / Toyota Corolla 2003 For Sale SOLD / 2009 Nissan Pathfinder 4.5 Million

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.