Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,039 members, 7,838,601 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? (806 Views)

'any Christian Indulging In These Listed Sins Is Already On His/her Way To Hell' / I will Pay any Christian N300, 000 if you can show me Where This Moutain Is? / W.F Kumuyi: A True Christian Leader (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by REALTRUTH1: 1:53am On Jun 21, 2009
Its so amazing and infact shockingly amazing how some Christian leaders are seeking and attracting the validation of people(unchristianed) to be relevant in their works.Nigeria is noted for corruption,,the media and every sector of the country is messed up with injustices,corruption and everything negative,,,but in this vein, we see these corruptable elements naming streets after some pastors,,in some cases giving them titles such as MON,OON etc,,,just recently some re even fighting its their Bishop that deserved to be Nigerias living legend and not another churches GO,,,
  Its crazily fritghtening and terrifying how men of God are now being transformed to God of men!!,, In those days, as young christians, we criticise celestial church and Aladura because they pray in the names of their founding fathers,,,and these re just a few reason why there was a drift from white garment churches to the new generation pentecostalism( in most cases they re men's idea),,however, same thing is being done here,,we see people praying in the name of their Bishop and GO,,,and that is just the beginning of religion,,when people can't think outside their own box.
  In a society where the likes of Gani Fawehinmi, Chinua Achebe and Wole soyinka,,,,can be more trusted for their sncerety and commitment towards the upliftment of the citizens plights,,by constantly challenging the authorities and rejecting any form of gifts,Title or street naming in protest against the political and social injustices,,,I would rather wanna find my Nigerian Legend in the above than looking for a spiritual Icon,,
   More than the above,,John the Baptist exhibited the spirits and courage of the above names,,,and for that reason, he challenges the Government of his days,,,and was killed for that purpose,,,Martin Luther King did thesame thing for USA,,where and who are the Nigerian Christian Leaders to do a thing like this??
  Save for Tunde Bakare,,,Just one of a few Pastors I respect in Nigeria,,,The church has a strong responsibilty to shape the country,,but it has woefully failed in its bid,,and it continues to fail because the Pastors re all seeking men's glory and not God's.
My annoyance is however, the majority of people who have been so dehumanised,brainwashed,skewed and twisted to think that their salvation lies in their pastors,,even in a clear and vivid misdeeds,,they still bow and worship God of men,,,sorry men of God,,whichever way,,,its ok,,thats Nigeria for you,,,
Re: Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by fyneguy: 7:18am On Jun 21, 2009
This is how some people create problems for themselves. So Adeboye sought to be declared a Legend?

May God forgive you. If you dont have anything edifying to share, please go to bed and sleep.
Re: Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by REALTRUTH1: 12:10pm On Jun 21, 2009
fyneguy:

This is how some people create problems for themselves. So Adeboye sought to be declared a Legend?

May God forgive you. If you dont have anything edifying to share, please go to bed and sleep.
Now, you can see you have created problem for urself,,,did I mention Adeboye? The best he could have done is to reject such legendary title that sparks off controversies,,,Nevertheless,, there are others who got Titles and streets named after them,,why didn't you mention those? Why Adeboye??
The problem with you RCCG members is that,,you worship men and not God,,,even Jesus Christ was and is still being criticised till date,,,I would rather say you religious bigot go and find some where to sleep and if you wake up or don't wake up from ur slumber,,,,
Whne you assume everything ur pastor does is right,,,then something is absolute wrong,,,When he was pallying with OBJ,,You didn't see anything wrong with that,,when he and the church bought a Jet,,you didn't see anything wrong with that,,come on religiuos man wake up from ur religiuos redundancy and entrapement,,,,
Re: Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by Tudor6(f): 4:21pm On Jun 21, 2009
Its quite simple, being a "man of god" in nigeria is the latest craze. . .its the next best career to choose after politics.
The goodnews is ANYBODY can be a "man of god" unlike politics which is only for a few.
You're GUARANTEED to succeed if you open a church in nigeria.
Re: Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by timmy7(m): 8:20pm On Jun 21, 2009
Damn! grin pple r really going gaga because of pastors o, :x i dont think i av heard somebody praying in d name of Adeboye or Oyakhilome or Oyedepo as this guy is suggesting o '', the best he could av done is to reject such legendary title, '' did he annouce to u that he has accepted it or what's ur beef sef with this pastors,look at how he started this post with dat subtle title but we r no fools to know this is anoda attack on pastor Adeboye's personalty,which christian leader av u seen openly maybe seeking pple's(non xtian as u claim) validation So u r d one worshiping God while other xtians worshiping in renouned pastors' church r worshiping men. Permit me to say this is a stupid and baseless thread grin tongue
Re: Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by fyneguy: 5:16pm On Jun 22, 2009
@Timmy

Dont mind this pharisee jare. He thinks we cant read between the lines. The title of his thread alone speaks volume for the kind of person he is.

When I saw the title, I though he was going to cite instances of Christian leaders who lobbied for their ministries to be Validated or recognized by non-christians, only for him to cite irrelevant instances.

If a man of God did a glorious thing and non-christians or whoever, decided to honour him, what's the crime in that? So far the non-christians do not demand for something that will compromise his Faith/Ministry in return, so be it!

Somebody should tell the likes of "Real Truth''(which doesnt even make sense, as truth is truth!) to desist from rubbing their foolishness on our faces.
Re: Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by jagunlabi(m): 1:20pm On Jun 23, 2009
Why?Because of their EGO?
Re: Why!why!!why!!! Would Any Christian Leader Seeks Peoples(non Xtian) Validation? by kokooro1: 6:15pm On Jun 23, 2009
timmy7:

which christian leader av u seen openly maybe seeking pple's(non xtian as u claim) validation

Ask him. (I no wan give title to am)

HOWEVER, PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP AND SEE THAT THE ORGANISERS WERE JUST OUT TO MARKET (MAKE MONEY FROM) A PRODUCT. I DON'T THINK THE WHOLE VENTURE WAS BORNE OUT OF A GENUINE INTENTION TO HONOR ANYBODY. ALL THE NOMINEES WERE JUST MARKETING TOOLS FOR THEIR PRODUCTS.

OTHERWISE WHY SHOULD I SPEND 50 nara TO SEND SMS INSTEAD OF 5 nara.
Someone somewhere has done a rough calculation of the windfall from the sms'.

Now some Adeboye haters are busy trying to bring down the reputation of this Seun's free gift of a project with senseless negative comments. Olorun o ni gba fun won (God forbid)

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Heaven? / gdcgbfg / Mermaid Found After Tsunami (with Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.