Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,712 members, 7,816,927 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:23 PM

Please Help Make A Choice! - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please Help Make A Choice! (1120 Views)

2016 Camry, Honda Accord Or Honda Civic, Please Help Make A Decisio / Pls Help Make A Choice Between These Cars / Help Make An Informed Decision. Toyota Highlander Or Hyundai Tucson (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please Help Make A Choice! by TheLaughter: 5:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
Please car gurus, help me make a choice, I hv a budget of 750k, I want a recent model car but my budget is low for a tokunbo, I know I can get good used cars, I hv actually seen some within that price range.

Please help me make a choice between Toyota Camry 2003 model and Toyota Avalon 2000 model.

Which one is more reliable as a Nigerian used car.

Thanks.
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by waleco2008: 7:51pm On Jan 15, 2016
Question 1 where do u stay
2 is it your first car
3. Can u maintain a v6 engine
Frm my own perspective Camry is better than avalon. Avalon is usually v6 engine expect u want a speed car,area matter too Camry are strong for rough road. Just make sure u buy a four plugs engine,that will save fuel and parts.
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by laptopsale(m): 8:23pm On Jan 15, 2016
Your budget of 750k can actually get you registered 2004/05 Honda Accord, 2007 Honda Civic, 2004 Camry, 2003 Corolla and 2004 Avalon.
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by TheLaughter: 11:06pm On Jan 15, 2016
waleco2008:
Question 1 where do u stay
2 is it your first car
3. Can u maintain a v6 engine
Frm my own perspective Camry is better than avalon. Avalon is usually v6 engine expect u want a speed car,area matter too Camry are strong for rough road. Just make sure u buy a four plugs engine,that will save fuel and parts.
I stay in Owerri and it wud b my 1st car. Avalon doesnt hv 4plug?
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by TheLaughter: 11:11pm On Jan 15, 2016
laptopsale:
Your budget of 750k can actually get you registered 2004/05 Honda Accord, 2007 Honda Civic, 2004 Camry, 2003 Corolla and 2004 Avalon.

Thanks bro. I heard EOD is full wit wahala.

2ndly, why is civic alwaz cheap, I hv discovered that in most of the used cars posted here.

Do u have a very clean Camry 04 or Corolla 03 or that price? I love Corolla, I have only seen one for 700k, it wasnt clean and its manual..

Does Avalon has V4 engines?
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by Chukslar: 11:15pm On Jan 15, 2016
Don't be deceived into Buying Accident-ed or faulty Cars.

Engine, ECM, PCM and Gear Faults will make you ever regret buying that vehicle

Going with a mechanic to buy your car will not also help as all he will do is guesswork, Sorry. undecided undecided

But don't worry the solution is the J-316 Auto Scanner

You can Scan & Find the exact Fault on that Car with complete explanation displayed on your Phone
No Guess Work, No Trail by Errors from Mechanics

Car sellers will never tell you the Truth find out the Grade of that car yourself.

J-316 is a cheap portable(as small as a match box) Android Car Scanner that will communicate with your Andriod Phone to inform you on the Grade, health and fault issues of that New car

Read more
https://web.facebook.com/J-316-Auto-Scanner-182541062090916/?ref=bookmarks
100% offline with complete Fault Code Explanations and Fault Fixing Technical Advice in simple English.

100% offline with complete Fault Code Explanations and Fault Fixing Technical Advice in simple English.
Specially designed for Car owners

And its now in Nigeria

Call Us on 08108179780
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by davizfx: 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
TheLaughter:

2ndly, why is civic alwaz cheap, I hv discovered that in most of the used cars posted here.

Do u have a very clean Camry 04 or Corolla 03 or that price? I love Corolla, I have only seen one for 700k, it wasnt clean and its manual..

I will suggest u buy a compact car wth 4 plug. A 02/03 corolla or civic is good. Corolla will have bin ur best option but im not sure u can get a good one for 750k. But sure u will get a very clean civic for dat price. If u dont mind u can as well get a honda city, kia rio and cerato below ur budget.
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by Bisjosh(f): 11:31pm On Jan 15, 2016
TheLaughter:

Avalon is V6
Pls stay away from EOD!!! U don't wanna go through so much wahala for a first car
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by laptopsale(m): 8:38am On Jan 16, 2016
TheLaughter:

EOD is a very nice car and not a wahala car as you insinuated, though I'm to own one but a friend of mine has own his for 7yrs and the car is still waxing strong.he has bought and sold three other cars during that time but he isn't ready to part with his EOD just yet.

Civic are sold off cheap because the demand is not as high as that of Camry and Corolla, but in truth the Civic is a better car than the Corolla.

The 2001 - 2004 Avalon come with 3.5L V6 engine standard, though fuel efficient.

If you need a sound and trouble-free car for that then PM.
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by laptopsale(m): 8:40am On Jan 16, 2016
Bisjosh:

Avalon is V6
Pls stay away from EOD!!! U don't wanna go through so much wahala for a first car
Please kindly outline some of the so called wahala that is associated with EOD for us to see.
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by TheLaughter: 10:23am On Jan 16, 2016
laptopsale:
EOD is a very nice car and not a wahala car as you insinuated, though I'm to own one but a friend of mine has own his for 7yrs and the car is still waxing strong.he has bought and sold three other cars during that time but he isn't ready to part with his EOD just yet.

Civic are sold off cheap because the demand is not as high as that of Camry and Corolla, but in truth the Civic is a better car than the Corolla.

The 2001 - 2004 Avalon come with 3.5L V6 engine standard, though fuel efficient.

If you need a sound and trouble-free car for that then PM.

Please where do you stay? I have seen clean camrys' 2003 models but they are all far away, Lagos and Abuja. Going that far with a mechanic to inspect a car is my probs.
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by TheLaughter: 10:25am On Jan 16, 2016
davizfx:
I will suggest u buy a compact car wth 4 plug. A 02/03 corolla or civic is good. Corolla will have bin ur best option but im not sure u can get a good one for 750k. But sure u will get a very clean civic for dat price. If u dont mind u can as well get a honda city, kia rio and cerato below ur budget.
Thanks bro. What I really need is a toyota product, I can manage honda, if I see a clean one...

Thanks also to everyone who has contributed... God bless...
Re: Please Help Make A Choice! by laptopsale(m): 10:55am On Jan 16, 2016
TheLaughter:

Please where do you stay? I have seen clean camrys' 2003 models but they are all far away, Lagos and Abuja. Going that far with a mechanic to inspect a car is my probs.
I'm in Lagos, there are many reliable experts on nairaland who lives in Lagos an can help inspect the car on your behalf.

(1) (Reply)

Honda Civic Ex 02 AC Issue / Harvey Cars / Self Driving Mercedes Benz S-class Hits South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.