Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,067 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:27 PM

An Overwhelming Testimony - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Overwhelming Testimony (1482 Views)

Grace Testimony From Nigeria : Protected From Armed Robbery / From Atheism To Jesus: My Testimony / Baby With Heart Condition Completely Healed. See Photos + Testimony (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 5:34am On Jan 16, 2016
An overwhelming testimony from a member of Winners Chapel in one of the branches in Rivers State:

The summary:

She is an Anglican by birth and hated Winners until she got married to a member of the church. Last year December she went somewhere and saw a phone on the roadside beside a car. She called the attention of the driver to it and the driver implored her to help him pick it, from there she lost her consciousness and follwed him and others in the car. She later found herself in a bush around 10:30am and shouted Jesus. One of the ritualists snatched her baby from her and in desperation she threw her handbag at him from where Shiloh 2015 fliers flung out and immediately the picture of Bishop Oyedepo speaking in tongues showed up on the fliers. The ritualist, like 15 of them all fell down, including the one holding the woman's baby. She said she quickly grabbed a knife on the floor, set herself free and the other 17 people tied down and they all escaped.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 16, 2016
Hello!

If this story is true, then it should have already hit the news or at least be well known in her state. Please could you give us her Name and and the date it happened? So that we can share the stories to newspapers and blog, who upon verifications will publish the story and thereby glorify God.

Thank you in advance.

1 Like

Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jan 16, 2016
LoJ:
Hello!

If this story is true, then it should have already hit the news or at least be well known in her state. Please could you give us her Name and and the date it happened? So that we can share the stories to newspapers and blog, who upon verifications will publish the story and thereby glorify God.

Thank you in advance.

i can 't remember her surname but her name was mentioned as Sis. Victoria and it happened late Dec last year. You can download the video of "A night with the king" Jan 15, 2016 on youtube to confirm
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 12:26am On Jan 17, 2016
Hello holahmihdeh.

You speak of a Lady, whose full name is not disclosed, that liberated 17 people in an undisclosed location at an unknown date, via the picture of her bishop praying in tongues.

How are we expected to be "overwhelmed" and praise God with such an unverifiable story? If religious men want us to believe their various testimonies as a proof of their genuineness, they should at least provide documented stories who can be independently verified and confirmed.

When one is faced with a Testimony concerning physical events which fails to provide facts and elements for independent verification and confirmation, then it is safer not to believe the Testimony. True miracles are verifiable.

Cheers.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 6:14am On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:
Hello holahmihdeh.

You speak of a Lady, whose full name is not disclosed, that liberated 17 people in an undisclosed location at an unknown date, via the picture of her bishop praying in tongues.

How are we expected to be "overwhelmed" and praise God with such an unverifiable story? If religious men want us to believe their various testimonies as a proof of their genuineness, they should at least provide documented stories who can be independently verified and confirmed.

When one is faced with a Testimony concerning physical events which fails to provide facts and elements for independent verification and confirmation, then it is safer not to believe the Testimony. True miracles are verifiable.

Cheers.

Heh! Please! It is not by force U acknowledge the testimony or be "overwhelmed". I wasn't in church in cram people's names. And I didn't say the full name wasn't disclosed nor the date. I said I can't remember the surname and the exact date. That was why I directed you to the youtube to watch the video of "A night with the king" on Jan 15 2016. I want to believe the youtube is easy to access. And if you can't watch the video forget about uit. Mind U someone else has shared the same testimony here.
No quarrel!
Happy Sunday
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 6:22am On Jan 17, 2016
The same tetimony was shared here by someone else

www.nairaland.com/2869505/saved-god-hands-ritualists-testimony
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 9:54am On Jan 17, 2016
Hello holahmihdeh,

You should not please get sensitive. You have every right to believe a testimony given in your church. But if you want the general public to join with you - since you posted it on a public forum - and praise God for this testimony, you should at least provide reliable evidence and facts of its trustworthiness.

I went to youtube and I found many videos titled "a Night with the King". But I could find none dated on the 15th of January 2016. Besides, the link you provided directs to a web page where the same story is told, without names, nor dates, nor locality, nor any evidence whatsoever. Please kindly provide the link for the youtube video of the 15th of January 2016, and indicate (in case the video is long) the time at which the testimony starts.

I do not doubt the happenstance of Miracles, nor God's ability to perform them. But if a miraculous claim is made, then it is the responsibility of the claimants to provide evidence for verification and confirmation. This is the best way to sort out fake testimonies, and real ones. At the end of the day, if a testimony is real, it will give God the glory and provide basis for belief.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 10:10am On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:
Hello holahmihdeh,

You should not please get sensitive. You have every right to believe a testimony given to your church. But if you want the general public to join with you - since you posted it on a public forum - and praise God for this testimony, you should at least provide reliable evidence and facts of its trustworthyness.

I went to youtube and I found many videos titled "a Night with the King". But I could find none dated on the 15th of January 2016. Besides, the link you provided directs to a web page where the same story is told, without names, nor dates, nor locality, nor any evidence whatsoever. Please kindly provide the link for the youtube video of the 15th of January 2016, and indicate (in case the video is long) the time at which the testimony starts.

I do not doubt the happenstance of Miracles, nor God's ability to perform them. But if a miraculous claim is made, then it is the responsibility of the claimants to provide evidence for verification and confirmation. This is the best way to sort out fake testimonies, and real ones. At the end of the day, if a testimony is real, it will give God the glory and provide basis for belief.

Cheers.

It's obvious U have something against Bishop Oyedepo but I will advise you to get serious with ur life because the man is miles ahead of you. Ur baseless accusations here won't stop the work of God in Winners. Besides I don't understand ur headache over this cuz u aren't the only person that have read this. For the time of the testimony: it was shared around few minutes to 3AM. U are free to call God's work any name you like. It was a testimony witnessed by over one million people both in Nigeria and abroad, so one man show of disregarding God's work has no basis. If U can't get it on youtube, go to any winners church around u and ask for the cd of papa's first preaching where the testimony was shared, afterall winners is not a hidden church. U can call it fake, that's ur own perception. After all I'm not the one who testified. If u are not that busy with making good use of your time, Cannanland Ota is in Nigeria, you can go there to verify, I won't mind sponsoring your transport fare.
Am not forcinf this down the throat of any fvcking public as u claimed.
Shalom!
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 10:24am On Jan 17, 2016
And this is what you didn't see on youtube. I have provided two video links here:

www.flatimes.com/2016/01/watch-winners-chapel-live-2016-one-night-with-king-january-15.html?m=1

OR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dS15nKmGxao

And yet you didn't see it ou youtube. If you can see physical things how will you see spiritual things? I won't call it b*indness anyways.

Happy Sunday
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 10:25am On Jan 17, 2016
holahmihdeh:

Hello holahmihdeh.

I did not ask for the time it was shared in the church. You said there is a video on youtube, dated on the 15th January 2016. I went to youtube and could not find the video. And since I suspect the video may be a lengthy one 1 hour or more, please kindly provide the link to the video you spoke about, as well as the time at which the testimony starts in the Video.

I think you mistake a simple demand for evidence for a personal attack against you, Oyedepo, or your church. Please, I have nothing against Oyedepo, nor you, nor any pastor, nor anyone. I am not even a Nigerian, and I've never been to Nigeria.

If someone you know tells you that he went to the Us to meet Obama, will you not ask him some basic questions like: How did you get there? Where are your pictures with Obama? Where is your flight ticket? and other similar questions?

Why do you consider it wrong to authenticate a testimony? Anyone can generate such stories. But if they want to be believed, they should at least provide basic evidences and facts, like the full name of the Lady, the date it happened, the locality where it happened, among other things. It is very obvious. It has nothing to do with a personal gruge against anyone.

I did not say the testimony is Fake. I said, to assert that the testimony is authentic, we need evidence so that we can verify the claims and authenticate them. A Lady liberating 17 people through the picture of a pastor, is not a common event. If it is true, it shall be easy to verify the claims provided we have the full name, the locality, the date and other basic elements to research.

At the end of the day, if the story is confirmed, I would be joining with you to praise God, for indeed God is able to perform such acts.

Cheers.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 17, 2016
holahmihdeh:

And yet you didn't see it ou youtube. If you can see physical things how will you see spiritual things? I won't call it b*indness anyways.
Hello. I didn't see the video on youtube, that's why I asked for the link. There is nothing wrong in recognizing that I could not find it. I never said, there is no video, I just said, I could not find it.

I do not pretend to see spiritual things. If you are spiritual and I'm not, it is ok for me.

Thank you for the link. It is a 6 hour plus video. Please could you indicate, at which time the Testimony starts? I can't watch the whole of it.

Thank you. cheers.

1 Like

Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 10:42am On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:

Hello holahmihdeh.

I did not ask for the time it was shared in the church. You said there is a video on youtube, dated on the 15th January 2016. I went to youtube and could not find the video. And since I suspect the video may be a lengthy one 1 hour or more, please kindly provide the link to the video you spoke about, as well as the time at which the testimony starts in the Video.

I think you mistake a simple demand for evidence for a personal attack against you, Oyedepo, or your church. Please, I have nothing against Oyedepo, nor you, nor any pastor, nor anyone. I am not even a Nigerian, and I've never been to Nigeria.

If someone you know tells you that he went to the Us to meet Obama, will you not ask him some basic questions like: How did you get there? Where are your pictures with Obama? Where is your flight ticket? and other similar questions?

Why do you consider it wrong to authenticate a testimony? Anyone can generate such stories. But if they want to be believed, they should at least provide basic evidences and facts, like the full name of the Lady, the date it happened, the locality where it happened, among other things. It is very obvious. It has nothing to do with a personal gruge against anyone.

I did not say the testimony is Fake. I said, to assert that the testimony is authentic, we need evidence so that we can verify the claims and authenticate them. A Lady liberating 17 people through the picture of a pastor, is not a common event. If it is true, it shall be easy to verify the claims provided we have the full name, the locality, the date and other basic elements to research.

At the end of the day, if the story is confirmed, I would be joining with you to praise God, for indeed God is able to perform such acts.

Cheers.

Well, I don't give a damn about ur location and as you can see I have provided the video links above. The service was over six hours so you can fast forward the video (I do that very well on youtube) to like 90 minutes to the end. It is not a crime to watch the whole video. That papa spoke in tongues from a flyer is not strange. The dead body of Elisha, in the bible, raised a dead man back to life. God's acts are not common but always STRANGE.
THANKS.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 10:54am On Jan 17, 2016
holahmihdeh:

Speaking in tongue is not uncommon indeed. The testimony is towards the end of the video? Good. I will hear it and see if fundamental pieces of information are provided. I'll let you know.

Cheers.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 11:11am On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:

Speaking in tongue is not uncommon indeed. The testimony is towards the end of the video? Good. I will hear it and see if fundamental pieces of information are provided. I'll let you know.

Cheers.

Who cares? Speaking in tongues is a gift so don't get confused. Gifts are common. Ur profile speaks volume sha, so there is no need arguing with u on this.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 11:40am On Jan 17, 2016
holahmihdeh:

Hello holahmihdeh.

You have repeatedly in your posts aired your views about me. These are your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm indifferent to how people see or judge me. We can label ourselves on this earthly reality whatever we want. But after the passage so called death, it shall be quite obvious to everyone, if we really served God, irrespective of our religious denominations.

I watched the testimony on the video [from about 3:43:00 to 3:45:00]. It is my opinion that insufficient information is given about the event for confirmation and verification. The full name of the Lady , the precise date of the event and the place where it took place are not mentioned. Only are mentioned the first names (Victoria Emmanuel) and the church she attends (Winners Chapel, Rivers State).

Of course the Lady is not obliged to disclose her private life, and no one ask her to. I did not ask for the testimony to be shared on a public domain. Therefore those that share the testimony here and there on the internet, should at least provide sufficient information for the story to be confirmed. And If they don't want to be believed, why then share it on the internet?

If tomorrow the story is checked and confirmed by independent researchers, I will be the first one to give glory to God. For I know, God is able to do great miracles through Oyedepo or through any other of his creatures, and I have witnessed some.

Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 12:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:

Hello holahmihdeh.

You have repeatedly in your posts aired your views about me. These are your opinion and you are entitled to it. I'm indifferent to how people see or judge me. We can label ourselves on this earthly reality whatever we want. But after the passage so called death, it shall be quite obvious to everyone, if we really served God, irrespective of our religious denominations.

I watched the testimony on the video [from about 3:43:00 to 3:45:00]. It is my opinion that insufficient information is given about the event for confirmation and verification. The full name of the Lady , the precise date of the event and the place where it took place are not mentioned. Only are mentioned the first names (Victoria Emmanuel) and the church she attends (Winners Chapel, Rivers State).

Of course the Lady is not obliged to disclose her private life, and no one ask her to. I did not ask for the testimony to be shared on a public domain. Therefore those that share the testimony here and there on the internet, should at least provide sufficient information for the story to be confirmed. And If they don't want to be believed, why then share it on the internet?

If tomorrow the story is checked and confirmed by independent researchers, I will be the first one to give glory to God. For I know, God is able to do great miracles through Oyedepo or through any other of his creatures, and I have witnessed some.

Cheers.

Halleluyah! At least U have some information at your disposal now. Your location is not a limitation, the internet is very much available, I will advise U get in touch with Winners headquarters in cannaland via their website and "confirm and "verify". I think that makes your day memorable.

Mind u, the internet in no one's property and there is no limit to what and who can share what, so accusing people of sharing it online is arrant nonsense .Over a million people has already joined her in celebrating God's goodness in her life so yours is NOT solicited for.
About my view about you, other people's comment on ur profile is a proof.
Thanks!
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 12:25pm On Jan 17, 2016
holahmihdeh:

Over a million people has already joined her in celebrating God's goodness in her life so yours is NOT solicited for.
Numbers do not guarantee reliability. If you were not looking for people to be overwhelmed by the story, why post it?

Besides, it is your right to post whatever you want, just as it is mine to analyse it. Said and done, I have expressed my views, and you're entitled to reject them.

Concerning my profile, well it is your right to label me whatever you wish. Majority is no authority.

Cheers.

1 Like

Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:

Numbers do not guarantee reliability. If you were not looking for people to be overwhelmed by the story, why post it?

Besides, it is your right to post whatever you want, just as it is mine to analyse it. Said and done, I have expressed my views, and you're entitled to reject them.

Concerning my profile, well it is your right to label me whatever you wish. Majority is no authority.

Cheers.

U can as well label the whole church of God as unreliable just to buttress your stup*d claims or whatever. And I repeat u aren't the only one that read it so u are entitled to whatever silly meaning the devil has brainwashed u with. And for your information I didn't post it here for people to be overwhelmed and just like one of nairaland rules each poster is entitled to his or her own post, u can as well ignore it as long as it not tied to ur apron. you don't need to lose ur sleep over it or how many people have come to you to complain about the post? taking panadol over someone else problem won't do you much good. Get a life bro! this is a new year. I was only obeying proverbs 26 vs 2-3
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
holahmihdeh:
Get a life bro!
Thank you for the advice.

Cheers.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
LoJ:

Cheers.

My pleasure
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by VNOS(m): 2:39am On Jan 20, 2016
holahmihdeh:

My pleasure

Frankly I see nothing in LoJ's comments or questions to warrant such defensive or should I say attacking responses from you. If anything I think he's brave enough to ask some very valid questions that should aid in increasing our faith or help any un-believer in believing. That's the point of testimonies after all. He hasn't attacked your church, you or any other person yet or accused anyone of lying. Well just my opinion. smiley
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by VNOS(m): 2:41am On Jan 20, 2016
LoJ:

Cheers.

Lol. I like that. You are funny.
Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 2:57am On Jan 20, 2016
VNOS:

Lol. I like that. You are funny.
Hello VNOS. Thank you for your kind words.

I wish you blessings in your endeavors.

1 Like

Re: An Overwhelming Testimony by Nobody: 11:10am On Jan 20, 2016
VNOS:

Frankly I see nothing in LoJ's comments or questions to warrant such defensive or should I say attacking responses from you. If anything I think he's brave enough to ask some very valid questions that should aid in increasing our faith or help any un-believer in believing. That's the point of testimonies after all. He hasn't attacked your church, you or any other person yet or accused anyone of lying. Well just my opinion. smiley

Thanks for ur opinion. Any further questions should be directed to Winners chapel. No attack on anyone. Brave indeed! Thanks again

(1) (Reply)

Angel Gomes, After Prayer From Tb Joshua, Makes Manchester United History! / Rev Fr Edet Who Resigned The Priesthood Finally Married (photos) / The Biblical Jesus Didn't Know How To Preach Properly

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.