Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam (1578 Views)

Ojojo Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Ojojo (water Yam Fritters) / How I Made My First 1million Naira In 3months Using A Machine That Pounds/grind / Pls What Else Can I Use To Grind Beans For Moi Moi Apart From Grinding Machine? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam by scarletpearl(f): 3:32pm On Jan 16, 2016
if you have not heard, let me be the first to inform you, that the grinding machine use for gridding pepper in our market is can used to grind yam ,especially for those in the catering business.
the first time I heard this was two years back and until after seeing it before I could believe it.

am not sure it should be called pounded yam thou, maybe grinded yam,lol.
grinded yam is absolutely seedless and very stressless another advantage is that the grinded yam takes lesser time to grind compare to pounding and longer time to get spoilt compare to the pounded yam
I hope this help avoid stress especially for those still pounding in large quantity. before I forget its always very HOT if ate immediately *smile.

1 Like

Re: Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam by donbenedict(m): 3:35pm On Jan 16, 2016
Urm do u boil d yam first before grinding?

1 Like

Re: Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam by scarletpearl(f): 3:48pm On Jan 16, 2016
donbenedict:
Urm do u boil d yam first before grinding?
yes dear,boil yam first na haba! you won grind raw yam like that" smile
boiled yam sir
Re: Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam by donbenedict(m): 3:51pm On Jan 16, 2016
scarletpearl:

yes dear,boil yam first na haba! you won grind raw yam like that" smile
boiled yam sir
hahaha I for fear o. S afta grindin it, wat next? Eat it with soup just like dat? I don't think it's safe. Cuz d yam must hav mixed with rust, particles insyd d grinder etc... not healthy to me
Re: Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam by scarletpearl(f): 4:26pm On Jan 16, 2016
donbenedict:
hahaha I for fear o. S afta grindin it, wat next? Eat it with soup just like dat? I don't think it's safe. Cuz d yam must hav mixed with rust, particles insyd d grinder etc... not healthy to me
not at all,very safe, u wash machine thoroughly, use little yam to clean and throw away if you feel to check the cleanliness of the machine
Re: Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam by candycrushsoda: 4:27pm On Jan 16, 2016
Hmmmmm. grind the yam in those weird looking machines. I don't think I'll be able to eat it.

1 Like

Re: Let Me The The First To Say! You Can Now Grind(pound) Your Yam by oseiwe(m): 9:34pm On Jan 18, 2016
scarletpearl:
yes dear,boil yam first na haba! you won grind raw yam like that" smile boiled yam sir
hw will d paste look like? my forefathers warned me of things like this.

(1) (Reply)

Where To Eat Nigerian FOOD In LONDON / How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor / Please Where Can I Get Donkunu (kenke) That Ghana Delicacy In Kano?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.