Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,758 members, 7,809,923 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:15 PM

How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor (1577 Views)

Recipe: How To Prepare Nigerian Afang Soup / Check Out The Food I Just Prepared For The Week (A Nairaland Bachelor) / How I Survive Every Month As A Bachelor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by hospitality9ja: 1:34pm On Sep 10, 2016
Today, I would like to share with us the easiest way to cook afang soup especially if you're a bachelor like myself. Afang soup is native to the Ibibios, Efik and generally people from Akwaibom and Cross-River States of Nigeria but enjoyed by all Nigerians. The soup is also very nutritious as it consists mainly of vegetables. Personally, I don't mind eating this soup every day. So lets go
Ingredients For Afang Soup
Waterleaf
Stock Fish
Afang/Okazi
Palm oil
Kanda
Goat meat
Crayfish and pepper
Maggie cubes
Salt
Periwinkles
Onions
Smoked fish
Before You Start Cooking

Wash drain and slice the waterleaf into tiny pieces, grind or pound the sliced afang leaves. However, the sellers of the afang leaves in the market can help you to slice and grind the afang leaves before taking it home.
Cut the onions into tiny pieces, grind your crayfish and onions, wash the stock fish and probably boil it for a while to soften it a bit, wash your smoked fish as well.
Cooking Directions
Boil the goat meat, kanda and stock fish with the diced onions, pepper and stock cubes in a very small quantity of water. When done, add the smoked fish and cook for about 5 more minutes.
After the peppers have properly cooked into the meat, add the periwinkles then the vegetables - the water leaves should be hand squeezed to remove excess water, add the afang leaves.
Allow the vegetable to boil for around 10 minutes or so on a medium heat to soften the vegetables - bear in mind that spinach easily gets soft when immersed in heat.
Add a cup of palm oil, taste for salt and add some if necessary. Allow all to boil together for another few minutes while you gently mix all content from top to bottom and around.
Leave to simmer for about 5 minutes. Your afang soup is ready.
You can enjoy your afang soup with fufu, semo, eba, and wheat.

Source: http://hospitalitynaija..com.ng/2016/09/how-to-cook-afang-soup-as-bachelor.html

Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by tinkinjow: 1:51pm On Sep 10, 2016
And u think one can just follow this to prepare the soup?
Looking at the one u prepared it's clear u r learning
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by Nobody: 1:52pm On Sep 10, 2016
Where is the fufu to complete the action cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.....Good one @ Hospitality9ja
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by hospitality9ja: 1:58pm On Sep 10, 2016
tinkinjow:
And u think one can just follow this to prepare the soup?
Looking at the one u prepared it's clear u r learning

Sure, am still learning but as a bachelor I think you should give me some kudos for trying..lol
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by hospitality9ja: 2:01pm On Sep 10, 2016
TrueSenator:
Where is the fofo to complete the action cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy.....Good one @ Hospitality9ja

Fufu makes a lot of sense with afang soup. Oya take grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by Nobody: 2:15pm On Sep 10, 2016
Perfect combination wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...... Please add a cold glass of Palm wine grin grin grin grin grin

hospitality9ja:

Fufu makes a lot of sense with afang soup. Oya take grin grin
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by Boleyndynasty2(f): 2:26pm On Sep 10, 2016
TrueSenator:
Perfect combination wink wink wink cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy...... Please add a cold glass of Palm wine grin grin grin grin grin

Before someone can eat the food? Haba naw
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by hospitality9ja: 2:32pm On Sep 10, 2016
TrueSenator:

I'm being generous today.. grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by Nobody: 2:39pm On Sep 10, 2016
Correct Man!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin ....but you missing a very important item...... My Beautiful Wife kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

hospitality9ja:

I'm being generous today.. grin grin grin
Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by hospitality9ja: 3:03pm On Sep 10, 2016
TrueSenator:
Correct Man!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin ....but you missing a very important item...... My Beautiful Wife kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

Don't thank me, thank God!! Afang soup + Fufu + Palmwine + A wife, I think I've done a lot for you today. grin grin

Re: How To Cook Afang Soup As A Bachelor by Nobody: 3:11pm On Sep 10, 2016
Hahahahahahahah grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin But wait first undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided how come you gave me a sweet plate of afang soup + good looking fufu and a mouth watering palmwine ........only to present such a material as wife shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked Na wahoooo... I almost trusted your taste.... anyway, let me give you another chance to change the picture wink wink wink wink wink wink wink

hospitality9ja:

Don't thank me, thank God!! Afang soup + Fufu + Palmwine + A wife, I think I've done a lot for you today. grin grin

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favourite Food? / See How To Make Goat Meat Barbeque Bbq | Nigerian Barbecue / Easy Recipes For Black American Woman Dating Igbo Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.