Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:50 AM

US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran (28479 Views)

The United States Government Has Officially Shutdown / World War 3 : North Korea Nuclear Weapons In Final Stages (pics) / Russia Retaliates To Obama's Sanctions, CNN Reports (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by ladyF(f): 7:16pm On Jan 17, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Oil production is far from being shortened,It would get even worse once America develops a technology to explore their shale oil at a cheaper price. While it is true that oil price might still rise,it is important to note that the world is looking away from oil to cheaper sources of energy,trust me oil might never go back to its days of $70+ per barrel.
lol when oil gets back to $71 per barrel, I will be sure to remind you. grin
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Nobody: 7:17pm On Jan 17, 2016
Bollinger:

That makes no sense. The U.S has oil and have recently stepped up oil exploration which means they don't need to buy as much as they used to. Also, they've scaled down their wars. It's simple economics bro. When demand is down, price will drop.

Indeed it makes no sense but you didn't say anything contrary.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Observant: 7:18pm On Jan 17, 2016
omenka:
Very bad news for oil dependent economies, worst of all Nigeria since we refused to save enough to use as buffers under such a situation.

Now Iran would flood the IOM with its crude driving oil prices even lower- I foresee it dipping below $10pb.

PMB was voted in at the wrong time, he would have been the best person to manage our economy at the time of oil boom. At least we would have been sure of good federal roads as contractors won't dare embezzlement such funds. But now with an all time low of crude with no gain at site there is very little he can do.

I don't consider him one to be economically savy to pull the country out of this mess. Not the less I am happy the oil is fading to nothing so Nigeria can reconstitute itself for better productivity.

6 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by ladyF(f): 7:19pm On Jan 17, 2016
9jacrip:

Undersupply when the US is aggressively pushing the shale to the world and has started exporting?

Ask the US shale companies their financials for last year and how many percent reduction in production facilities they experienced. All I'm saying is it is not sustainable. Price will go up eventually.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by slimtriggaman: 7:20pm On Jan 17, 2016
My people brace up for all manners of taxation and government extortion in the form of levies, fines e.t.c..
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Ximonak: 7:21pm On Jan 17, 2016
ladyF:
The oil price would certainly come back up, it's not the first time we are seeing a nosedive like this. World supply is getting shortened as some production facilities have been shut. It's only a matter of time before the market would start experiencing an undersupply that will drive the prices up eventually. Simple economics!!!!

[size=15pt]LadyF[/size] is here again grin grin grin
You can't be doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result

$1 now #305 ...oil may hit $18 or $10 soonest. .then $1 may turn #380 upward
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Bollinger(m): 7:22pm On Jan 17, 2016
9jacrip:

Indeed it makes no sense but you didn't say anything contrary.

It does. All i did was summarize your intent. You made it sound like the U.S went out deliberately to sink the price of oil. That was not their intent. That was why i said it is simple economics. They stopped buying, price dropped. Too simple.

1 Like

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by bankylan: 7:23pm On Jan 17, 2016
omenka:
Well, I would have been all for the temporary fall in oil prices as is currently being witnessed for reason that it would give our government the impetus to diversify our economy and once and for all, put an end to this single commodity based economy.

But previous governments never had the foresight to sufficiently save forex upon which we could fall back when the need arises. Same savings we would have used to invest in other profitable sectors especially agriculture. As things stand, we don't have all the money we need to do so, not even sure we have half of it, yet the price of oil continues its downward spiral.

I have no idea how else to fix this problem than borrowing, which means further plunging the economy into debt. Our only saving grace is that we have a government we can trust to deploy borrowed funds appropriately- it is the most critical index that would decide what becomes of our economy/country after borrowing.

God help us.

Try to have some depth bro...don't be enslaved by this govt....be objective and take time to read more.....
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Nwulia(f): 7:24pm On Jan 17, 2016
[quote author=ejiinii post=42047915][/quote].till then
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by buJu234: 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
We may be coming to the beginning of the end of the crude oil industry although the gas industry still have a good future.

Crude oil may soon be like coal.

Nigeria don't Jst learn from her past mistakes

Do u remember the Austerity measures of the 1980s... Cos by crude oil prices of abt $10 per barrel.

I don't see any indication of demand increasing soonest; the only hope now is if the Chinese government decided to introduce any economic stimulus package jst like in 2009-2010 worldwide recession.

Nigerians should jst brace up for hardtimes... It's not lack of faith but getting the results of living a planless wasteful & visionless country.

2 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by omenka(m): 7:26pm On Jan 17, 2016
snailspeed:

You mean deploy the borrowed funds to update a website for N795million? I see why you can trust them then. Must be seonethimg to do with Aisha's rice
They said you are intelligent- now I see how intelligent you are. Look at the discussion going on and look at your contribution.

Such a pity. The apple indeed doesn't fall far from the tree.

Good luck.

6 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by smitez(m): 7:27pm On Jan 17, 2016
ladyF:

Ask the US shale companies their financials for last year and how many percent reduction in production facilities they experienced. All I'm saying is it is not sustainable. Price will go up eventually.

You are very funny.

Do you realize the impact it would have on the american economy if they can make their shale cheaper than oil and more available? It would sky-rocket their economy, and this is their Goal. I don't see them giving up until it is accomplished. What you don't realize is all none-oil exporting countries are all hoping for a better alternative to oil.

4 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Nobody: 7:28pm On Jan 17, 2016
Bollinger:

It does. All i did was summarize your intent. You made it sound like the U.S went out deliberately to sink the price of oil. That was not their intent. That was why i said it is simple economics. They stopped buying, price dropped. Too simple.

I saidI read it somewhere.

How do we figure out if it was their intent or not?

What if they are interested in flooding the market with shale and pulling the world towards it?

What if the sink in crude price is in order to capture and monopolize the market?
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Bollinger(m): 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
9jacrip:

I saidI read it somewhere.

How do we figure out if it was their intent or not?

What if they are interested in flooding the market with shale and pulling the world towards it?

What if the sink in crude price is in order to capture and monopolize the market?

You just proved my point.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by sanmibukunmi: 7:29pm On Jan 17, 2016
we will survive......
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by omenka(m): 7:32pm On Jan 17, 2016
Observant:

PMB was voted in at the wrong time, he would have been the best person to manage our economy at the time of oil boom. At least we would have been sure of good federal roads as contractors won't dare embezzlement such funds. But now with an all time low of crude with no gain at site there is very little he can do.

I don't consider him one to be economically savy to pull the country out of this mess. Not the less I am happy the oil is fading to nothing so Nigeria can reconstitute itself for better productivity.
The bold has always been my regret as well. I couldn't stop imagining what might have been had we achieved this feat of regime change in 2011!! Now we have a full blown crisis in our hands.

Just earlier this evening, watching cnn make analysis of the ramifications of the deal, they stated Saudi Arabia has already started a regime of price reduction for the oil it sells to the US to counter the impending competition from Iran!! Imagine that!! Imagine the implication for global oil prices in general and Nigeria in particular.

Honestly, our only saving grace now is agriculture and mining. We need to run back to the drawing board asap.

1 Like

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by snailspeed: 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
omenka:
They said you are intelligent- now I see how intelligent you are. Look at the discussion going on and look at your contribution.

Such a pity. The apple indeed doesn't fall far from the tree.

Good luck.

You don't like that line? Does it strike a cord? You know, they say that an old woman is never comfortable when dry bones are mentioned in a story?

6 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by divide9ja: 7:33pm On Jan 17, 2016
Akathriel:
Forget about Oil, this is a very good news. Israel is about to become a Nuclear wasteland. grin

@Palestine - Get ready to be independent! grin

see this islamic mumu

6 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by kobonaire(m): 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
ladyF:

the low prices is driving a lot of companies out of business. A lot are making losses, no new exploration. At the end of the day, with this current prices, it will get to a point where a lot of people will stop production because it is not sustainable, hence supply will certainly fall.

The truth is the low oil prices cannot last forever. Everybody is bearing the brunt, big & small companies inclusive. It is just not sustainable.
Totally agree, falling oil barrel prices is not only affecting the oil industries but other industries as well. I am not sure we will see an oil price increase soon as OPEC member countries are not being disciplined in regulating production. Either way Nigeria has to start diversifying it's economy.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by Nobody: 7:34pm On Jan 17, 2016
Bollinger:

All of that still points to US being responsible for the fall in crude oil price as suggested.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by sammhi(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
omenka:
Very bad news for oil dependent economies, worst of all Nigeria since we refused to save enough to use as buffers under such a situation.

Now Iran would flood the IOM with its crude driving oil prices even lower- I foresee it dipping below $10pb.

how much will you have saved? ode..instead to say we should have diversify since but is still not too late...PMB shld lwav all these probes and dedicated himself to moving the country forward.....20% of his time for probe and 80% for governance..not present situation where 100% is for probe..

1 Like

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by omenka(m): 7:35pm On Jan 17, 2016
bankylan:

Try to have some depth bro...don't be enslaved by this govt....be objective and take time to read more.....
And what sensible contribution have you who isn't "enslaved" or who's "objective" made by what you just typed?? How have you contributed to the discussion??

Abeg no annoy me this evening.

2 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by omenka(m): 7:40pm On Jan 17, 2016
sammhi:

how much will you have saved? ode..instead to say we should have diversify since but is still not too late...PMB shld lwav all these probes and dedicated himself to moving the country forward.....20% of his time for probe and 80% for governance..not present situation where 100% is for probe..
Dude, folks like you are too emotional and mentally handicapped to make any meaningful contribution to threads like this that require some level of hindsight.

You do best on ethnic/tribal related threads. Keep to what you do best and stop embarrassing yourself coming here to throw profanities around.

Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by smitez(m): 7:43pm On Jan 17, 2016
Bollinger:

Even a madman knows that was Americans intent all along.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by snailspeed: 7:44pm On Jan 17, 2016
omenka:
The bold has always been my regret as well. I couldn't stop imagining what might have been had we achieved this feat of regime change in 2011!! Now we have a full blown crisis in our hands.

Just earlier this evening, watching cnn make analysis of the ramifications of the deal, they stated Saudi Arabia has already started a regime of price reduction for the oil it sells to the US to counter the impending competition from Iran!! Imagine that!! Imagine the implication for global oil prices in general and Nigeria in particular.

Honestly, our only saving grace now is agriculture and mining. We need to run back to the drawing board asap.

All this joke comments you make is good for AY show. What has Buhari ever managed in his whole life? He can't even improve his personal knowledge after 30 years and calls Germany, western Germany. Is he not the same president that presented a corruption laden budget to settle his party cronies you are saying would have managed us well? The same one that is so incompetent that a national budget just got so messed up and the country ridiculed before the whole world? The same Buhari that hasn't even improved one thing since he came on and has continued to make a mockery of governance and leadership? No wonder he has to try to use a fake anti corruption fight to divert attention.

The man is there now and is a theatre of comedies. You don't need to throw any assumption or conjecture. His leadership skills are already on display and it is a tale of woes. A calamity. The lowest point this country has ever sunk. Look at his economic team. Is this the team that would have saved this country? This accounting 101 finance minister and her band of Dundee's? I will like to have some of that thing you are having...

4 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by omenka(m): 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
snailspeed:

You don't like that line? Does it strike a cord? You know, they say that an old woman is never comfortable when dry bones are mentioned in a story?
You are making a fool of yourself. Try and say something reasonable- impress your fans at least. Stop attacking me personally.

Can't you manage to at least address a single point raised by discussants?? Are you that sluggish upstairs?? How has both comments you've made enriched the discussion here??

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all. It is just typical of you lot. You can't but throw inane tantrums when confronted with superior arguments. Do as you please, na your palaver.

Good night.

4 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by poseidon12: 7:46pm On Jan 17, 2016
ladyF:
The oil price would certainly come back up, it's not the first time we are seeing a nosedive like this. World supply is getting shortened as some production facilities have been shut. It's only a matter of time before the market would start experiencing an undersupply that will drive the prices up eventually. Simple economics!!!!

[size=15pt]LadyF[/size] is here again grin grin grin
I agree with you. The price will eventually turn around. But we have to find a way to survive the oil price selling below $20 before it turns up.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by I888(m): 7:49pm On Jan 17, 2016
9jacrip:

I read somewhere (I can't recall) that the U.S is mostly responsible for the nosedive of crude oil (with the severe push given to shale). I suppose having been able to sink the price of crude oil to a considerable 'low', this move is in order to throw the knock out punch which will then see oil price sinking to as far as $10 if not below.

The 'likely' eventual but slow end of oil dependent states.

Well, I read somewhere, which I believe is true, that Saudi Arabia is responsible. When OPEC ask for reduction production, guess who objected to it? Saudi Arabia and even the new leader said he would continue from the previous' plan.

1 Like

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by poseidon12: 7:51pm On Jan 17, 2016
jstbeinhonest:

Oil production is far from being shortened,It would get even worse once America develops a technology to explore their shale oil at a cheaper price. While it is true that oil price might still rise,it is important to note that the world is looking away from oil to cheaper sources of energy,trust me oil might never go back to its days of $70+ per barrel.
Are there cheaper sources of energy than dirty oil? I'm not aware.
Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by snailspeed: 7:52pm On Jan 17, 2016
omenka:
You are making a fool of yourself. Try and say something reasonable- impress your fans at least. Stop attacking me personally.

Can't you manage to at least address a single point raised by discussants?? Are you that sluggish upstairs?? How has both comments you've made enriched the discussion here??

Well, I guess I shouldn't be surprised after all. It is just typical of you lot. You can't but throw inane tantrums when confronted with superior arguments. Do as you please, na your palaver.

Good night.

The day you can make a superior argument, I will kill fowl!

Buharis minions can't make superior arguments. They can only push propaganda. The problem with you right now is that Buhari is making life very difficult for you lot. And it will only get worse. I feel sorry for you guys honestly

2 Likes

Re: US and EU Officially Lift Nuclear Related Sanctions On Iran by manie(m): 7:53pm On Jan 17, 2016
mazeltov:
I don't have problem with this news. We all know that one day, the sanctions against Iran would be lifted. Of course the sanction can't everlasting as some people think.
My concerns focus on the weakling 'OPEC' organisation.
Honestly since the creation of Opec, I am yet to see its usefulness to the global oil market. I thought Opec would serve as a regulator to regulate these gluts. Sometimes we need to leave the players and blame the coach.
Opec is just too weak to control the output of crude oil into the global market. At least, Opec should be strong enough to impose sanctions on some giant countries like United States or even Venezuela if they outstep their production.

United States is not a member of OPEC.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

UK Suspends Kate Osamor, For Calling Israel’s Actions ‘Genocide’ / Somali Kills Three In 'brutal' Germany Knife Attack / Twitter Permanently Suspends Donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.