Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,847 members, 7,810,263 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:27 AM

The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. (3769 Views)

Who Really Benefits From Nigeria's 'prosperity Gospel'? (BBC News) / Benny Hinn: I Am So Wrong About Prosperity Gospel, I Don't Fly Private Jets / Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Jan 19, 2016
hucienda:

Pas de problème. Do try rectify your pm tho... Queen Nocturnal smiley

Okay dear. I'll let you know when is done kiss
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by hucienda: 6:43pm On Feb 03, 2016
Speechless3:

Okay dear. I'll let you know when is done kiss

embarassed ça va? Have you done it?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 9:17pm On Feb 03, 2016
hucienda:

embarassed ça va? Have you done it?

embarassed Still on it
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by hucienda: 9:22pm On Feb 03, 2016
Speechless3:

embarassed Still on it

what's the issue?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by zuzuonyi: 12:28pm On Feb 04, 2016
OP, actually, what the Bible says about acquiring riches in Matthew 6:33 is "But seek ye first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things shall be added unto you." But to the contrary, what we have today is that most people tend to seek first those other things before God's kingdom without the requisite faith and righteousness to manage it, like putting the cart ahead of the horse. To be rich, or super rich, is not a sin but you require grace by way of righteousness to manage it in such a way that would not lead one to hell. The example of Abraham tells us that he was first righteous (after God had tested his faith) before he became super rich and was able to maintain his righteousness to the end. So my dear, for me as a Christian, what I pray for is that God should not give me the kind of wealth that my faith/righteousness can't manage. wink I hope I've made some sense. smiley
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 10:49am On Feb 10, 2016
The prosperity gospel will land you in hell.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promisechuks: 11:22am On Feb 10, 2016
Speechless3:

Lol are you for or against smiley
Sorry to say, you are not a good christian.

Probably, a baby christian who is living under the LAW(a bondage which has been abolished long ago) rather than the GRACE of God.

What you are saying now is to frustrate the grace of God. Beware of what you preach. Stop making people(including sinners) around you to understand the law that kills and misunderstand the grace of God that gives life.

Don't make the gospoel of humility to look like poverty-striken gospel.

What is it, that is wrong with you law-led Christians?

This law-led christians have frustrated the grace of God enough. Making people to rely on their righteousness, power and effort and not relying by faith on how justified they are in christ(this was the problem between paul and the jews of his time)

So in these modern days, everyone should start living in a hurt to show how humility they are?
So pathetic!

That you have all the fruit of the spirit in you does not make you righteous before God(rather before men) or qualified for heaven.

But the one and only work needed for our salvation and redemption is to call upon the name of the one, on whose body was the consequences of our past, current and future sins of the whole world(whether the sinner knows or not) were laid upon and on whose body was sin condemned to death so that we will not be condemned.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL WE WERE SENT TO PREACH and not a GOSPEL OF CONDEMNATION but the GOSPEL OF GRACE, LOVE AND TRUTH.

I pray you understand the importance of God's grace in your life.

You are still my beloved in christ, amen.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promisechuks: 11:34am On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:

Probably, a baby christian who is living under the LAW(a bondage which has been abolished long ago) rather than the GRACE of God.

What you are saying now is to frustrate the grace of God. Beware of what you preach. Stop making people(including sinners) around you to understand the law that kills and misunderstand the grace of God that gives life.

This law-led christians have frustrated the grace of God enough. Making people to rely on their righteousness, power and effort and not relying by faith on how justified they are in christ(this was the problem between paul and the jews of his time)

So in these modern days, everyone should start living in a hurt to show how humility they are?
So pathetic!

That you have all the fruit of the spirit in you does not make you righteous before God(rather before men) or qualified for heaven.

But the one and only work needed for our salvation and redemption is to call upon the name of the one, on whose body was the consequences of our past, current and future sins of the whole world(whether the sinner knows or not) were laid upon and on whose body was sin condemned to death so that we will not be condemned.

THIS IS THE GOSPEL WE WERE SENT TO PREACH and not a GOSPEL OF CONDEMNATION but the GOSPEL OF GRACE, LOVE AND TRUTH.

I am so bitter to see a christian who claims to be living in the era of abundant grace of God write such op. Very shocked!

You were saved by faith and now you want to live by law(works). This is what has led many people to self righteousness which ends the person up being sin-concious which leads to condemnation.

Please go and consult paul in you bibles please.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promisechuks: 11:53am On Feb 10, 2016
Please, it is high time we, low minded christians, needed to stop presenting our God as a wicked, angry and a brutal God to world, but a gracious and ever loving father that he is.

A God who hates no sinner.

But because of our mis-believing and the lack of revelations behind the letters we read, we have ended up chasing people away from God, who loves them so much and trying to reconcile himself to them, thinking we are doing the right thing.

When you don't understand what read from the bible or lack the revelations behind the letters, don't end up spreading false gospel about God, just see down and seek knowledge either from the holyspirit or a more intellectual people of God who know what it really means.

This the reason why many people are flocking into atheism.

Please, let's join hands together to spread the gracious gospel about our lord jesus christ, amen.

1 Like

Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 3:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:
Please, it is high time we, low minded christians, needed to stop presenting our God as a wicked, angry and a brutal God to world, but a gracious and ever loving father that he is.

But because of our mis-believing and the lack of revelations behind the letters we read, we have ended up chasing people away from God, who loves them so much and trying to reconcile himself to them, thinking we are doing the right thing.

When you don't understand what read from the bible or lack the revelations behind the letters, don't end up spreading false gospel about God, just see down and seek knowledge either from the holyspirit or a more intellectual people of God who know what it really means.

Please, let's join hands together to spread the gracious gospel about our lord jesus christ, amen.

You say Jesus peace be upon him is Lord. Are you implying he created himself? Remember Jesus Christ peace be upon him didn't know when judgment day was.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promisechuks: 4:41pm On Feb 10, 2016
hockeyoilers:

You say Jesus peace be upon him is Lord. Are you implying he created himself? Remember Jesus Christ peace be upon him didn't know when judgment day was.
This man stop playing ignorant game on yourself since the paedophilia prohet of the devil has put a veil on the faces of you muslim which has made you to be far away from the truth.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 4:46pm On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:

This man stop playing ignorant game on yourself since the paedophilia prohet of the devil has put a veil on the faces of you muslim which has made you to be far away from the truth.

Well did he create himself and insert himself in Mary's vagina or not?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 4:51pm On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:

So pathetic!

I have not condemned any one. I only reinforced what the bible has said which is the futility of chasing wealth and the consequences.

Ecclessiastes will say,
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 4:54pm On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:

So pathetic!

I have not condemned any one. I only reinforced what the bible has said which is the futility of chasing wealth and the consequences.

Like Ecclessiastes will say,

2:4 I increased my possessions: I built
houses for myself; I planted vineyards for
myself.
2:5 I designed royal gardens and parks for
myself, and I planted all kinds of fruit trees
in them.
2:6 I constructed pools of water for myself,
to irrigate my grove of flourishing trees.
2:7 I purchased male and female slaves, and
I owned slaves who were born in my house;
I also possessed more livestock – both
herds and flocks – than any of my
predecessors in Jerusalem.
2:8 I also amassed silver and gold for
myself, as well as valuable treasures taken
from kingdoms and provinces. I acquired
male singers and female singers for myself,
and what gives a man sensual delight – a
harem of beautiful concubines!
2:9 So I was far wealthier than all my
predecessors in Jerusalem, yet I maintained
my objectivity:
2:10 I did not restrain myself from getting
whatever I wanted; I did not deny myself
anything that would bring me pleasure. So
all my accomplishments gave me joy; this
was my reward for all my effort.
2:11 Yet when I reflected on everything I
had accomplished and on all the effort that
I had expended to accomplish it, I
concluded: “All these achievements and
possessions are ultimately profitless – like
chasing the wind! There is nothing gained
from them on earth
.”

The gospel is not gathering for ourselves tongue
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 4:58pm On Feb 10, 2016
promisechuks:

I am so bitter to see a christian who claims to be living in the era of abundant grace of God write such op. Very shocked!

You were saved by faith and now you want to live by law(works). This is what has led many people to self righteousness which ends the person up being sin-concious which leads to condemnation.

Please go and consult paul in you bibles please.
Ive not claimed to be living in the era of abundance of grace. Ive not even claimed to be saved. Ive not claimed anything yet.

Since you are a "grace-filled" christian can you point out the place in the bible that says prosperity is part of the gospel or even the gospel itself? Go ahead i am waiting.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promisechuks: 8:08pm On Feb 10, 2016
Speechless3:
Ive not claimed to be living in the era of abundance of grace. Ive not even claimed to be saved. Ive not claimed anything yet.

Since you are a "grace-filled" christian can you point out the place in the bible that says prosperity is part of the gospel or even the gospel itself? Go ahead i am waiting.

So if we don't preach prosperity in christ, it is better off to preach poverty?

Wait, if I may ask do you think that jesus was poor?
Do you think jesus lived in lack as you expect people to live?

See, that Jesus' parents were poor does not make him poor or live in lack.

Jesus who fed 5000 people with 5 breads and 2 fishes, and many was remaining, is poor or lived in lack?
Jesus who turned a fish into an ATM machine for peter is poor or lived in lack?
Jesus who helped peter get many more thousands of fishes that peter's net could resist the weight of the fishes while peter was fishing, is poor or lived in lack?

That's, there is nothing we won't here from our Christian brethen who don't even know where they belong to. Who don't even know that we own the world, everything and the riches therein because christ has won our dominion back.

Think of what you are saying?

The bible says; I know the thought I have for you thought of good and not of evil to give you an expected end.

So the good thought of God about us is that we spread the word of God while proverty-striken?

GET UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER!!!

When you talk about a good God who gives eternal life, prosperity, good health, riches and the people you preach to cannot see the shadow of what you preach, but only seeing a poverty-striken figure, then their action will be better if they had told you "TO HELL WITH YOUR GOD"

Jesus, in his days, was free from sin, sickness, poverty and any kind of unfavourable condition.

So, please, we should be careful of what we preach out there. If jesus was poor like you think(who does not have house to sleep, whereas you know his mission was not materialistic but to restore what we lost to the devil), then how could he have saved us from poverty where he had to save himself first.

Jesus was NEVER afflicted with lack that we experience.

Jesus was only made for us any affliction you can think of on the cross, so that we will be free from lack, poverty and any affliction of life, only if we believe in him.

SO I DON'T KNOW FROM WHICH JESUS YOU ARE BRINGING YOU GOSPEL FROM.

Beloved in christ.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promisechuks: 8:27am On Feb 11, 2016
hockeyoilers:

Of course!
It took him his love for us, to come in the likeness of man.

As confirmed by the Quran; Jesus is the SPIRIT/WORD of God

And the john 1:1; in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promisechuks: 8:29am On Feb 11, 2016
promisechuks:

Of course!
It took him his love for us, to come in the likeness of man.

As confirmed by the Quran; Jesus is the SPIRIT/WORD of God

And the john 1:1; in the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word was God.
And bear it in mind that the bible was written many years before the birth of mohammed.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 10:22am On Feb 11, 2016
promisechuks haha i laugh. You have just exposed your ignorance of the gospel and the word of God. You are a "cherry picker" of scriptures like my sis will say.

Just wondering if you've ever heard of contentment, a gift of the Spirit which you clearly
cant figure out.

Jesus was born into a poor family and was poor himself. He overcame the temptation of possessing the world when tempted by the devil. Why;
1. It was from the devil. The father of all liars.
2. The world belongs to him already and the fulness thereof.
3. There is an appointed time when he(Christ) and all his followers will claim their possessed possessions (this world). It is not now.

And the part of Jesus dying for our earthly afflictions is false. I have a sis who is saved, you are not more born again than she is but she falls sick once in a while. She has nothing against God on this because he never promised her a sickness-free life in this world. He has told her she will face all kinds of afflictions in this world. The bible agrees with this and experience has not contradicted these facts.

You on the other hand claim God wants you rich and healthy. I have a friend like you. But she is still not rich and falls sick sometimes. What happened to her claims?? They are just claims. They are wishful thoughts. You are reading them into the bible. At the end, God is made to look like a liar. Who is deceiveing who. Smh.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by atuanso: 11:30am On Feb 11, 2016
i must commend your strenght for putting up a post such as this. I know how hard it is to condemn this so called prosperity sermons, without getting the corresponding reproval by those insatiably lust after it.Notice how matt 19:24 is gradually being phase out of the gospel teachings. once again thanks for you strenght.

1 Like

Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Richirich713: 11:45am On Feb 11, 2016
All Christians need is the grace and love that God has given us.

As God told St Paul :

"But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness".

Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by atuanso: 2:19pm On Feb 11, 2016
promisechuks:

So if we don't preach prosperity in christ, it is better off to preach poverty?

Wait, if I may ask do you think that jesus was poor?
Do you think jesus lived in lack as you expect people to live?

See, that Jesus' parents were poor does not make him poor or live in lack.

Jesus who fed 5000 people with 5 breads and 2 fishes, and many was remaining, is poor or lived in lack?
Jesus who turned a fish into an ATM machine for peter is poor or lived in lack?
Jesus who helped peter get many more thousands of fishes that peter's net could resist the weight of the fishes while peter was fishing, is poor or lived in lack?

That's, there is nothing we won't here from our Christian brethen who don't even know where they belong to. Who don't even know that we own the world, everything and the riches therein because christ has won our dominion back.

Think of what you are saying?

The bible says; I know the thought I have for you thought of good and not of evil to give you an expected end.

So the good thought of God about us is that we spread the word of God while proverty-striken?

GET UP FROM YOUR SLUMBER!!!

When you talk about a good God who gives eternal life, prosperity, good health, riches and the people you preach to cannot see the shadow of what you preach, but only seeing a poverty-striken figure, then their action will be better if they had told you "TO HELL WITH YOUR GOD"

Jesus, in his days, was free from sin, sickness, poverty and any kind of unfavourable condition.

So, please, we should be careful of what we preach out there. If jesus was poor like you think(who does not have house to sleep, whereas you know his mission was not materialistic but to restore what we lost to the devil), then how could he have saved us from poverty where he had to save himself first.

Jesus was NEVER afflicted with lack that we experience.

Jesus was only made for us any affliction you can think of on the cross, so that we will be free from lack, poverty and any affliction of life, only if we believe in him.

SO I DON'T KNOW FROM WHICH JESUS YOU ARE BRINGING YOU GOSPEL FROM.

Beloved in Christ.

the spirit of the lord is upon me,for he has annointed me to bring good news to the POOR. have you wondered why these was Christ first ever message when he started his ministry. meditate on this more.secondly wonder also why christ said to that young rich master sell all you have, give to the poor and come follow me matt 19:21.

this aside;
brother be careful about your praise and exaltation of wealth. these, if you look carefully are PERILOUS TIMES and a god called wealth is constantly being exalted. men who haven't mastered the spirit enough to exact control on the flesh have taken to the alter of our GOD, preaching messages that are suiting to the flesh. we that are born of Christ, are born of SPIRIT (this is were true worship lye] The Christ inspired relationship with the FATHER is one that exist at the level of the spirit. CONTENTMENT is usually the key word when we speak of Christianity. Christ said man must not live by bread alone. in other words here in Christianity materialism is not what is paramount.

1 Like

Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by Nobody: 6:22am On Feb 14, 2016
atuanso:
i must commend your strenght for putting up a post such as this. I know how hard it is to condemn this so called prosperity sermons, without getting the corresponding reproval by those insatiably lust after it.Notice how matt 19:24 is gradually being phase out of the gospel teachings. once again thanks for you strenght.
Thank you so so so much!
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promise10: 7:23am On Feb 14, 2016

Well did he create himself and insert himself in Mary's vagina or not?
God created himself and made himself flesh in the womb of Mary and the flesh after birth was named Jesus.

You got it?
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by TPAND(f): 7:37am On Feb 14, 2016
80% of pastors in Nigeria have all inverted the true dictates of Christianity.

Gone are the days when churches bear names with Christ, Gospel, God, Holy, Siant, as a suffix or prefix. What you hear these days will amaze you.

Harvesters, Good land, Bless Nigeria, Life forte, Elevation, Churh of the Fruitfulness, Fertile Ground. -----> Heaven knows. We not judging but we see the traits.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by promise10: 9:57am On Feb 14, 2016
TPAND:
80% of pastors in Nigeria have all inverted the true dictates of Christianity.

Gone are the days when churches bear names with Christ, Gospel, God, Holy, Siant, as a suffix or prefix. What you hear these days will amaze you.

Harvesters, Good land, Bless Nigeria, Life forte, Elevation, Churh of the Fruitfulness, Fertile Ground. -----> Heaven knows. We not judging but we see the traits.

So it means that they are heading to hell?

Go read your bible well, please.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by TPAND(f): 3:07pm On Feb 14, 2016
promise10:

So it means that they are heading to hell?

Go read your bible well, please.

Sorry if I mentioned the name of your church.
Re: The Prosperity Gospel May Land You In Hell. by jmann2(m): 12:57pm On Jun 04, 2016
promisechuks:

Whatever you said is a confirmation of what the Holy Spirit has been telling me.
Please what church do you attend?
I have been looking for a church that preaches what you are saying here.

You are voice of one calling in the desert.
Many Christians don't know what is gospel.
It was when I went to a white man's church in uk that I was taught the meaning of gospel and that God does not need my money to bless me.

I am back to Nigeria , a land that claims to know God but is ignorant of his will.
I am being persecuted by my fellow Christians because of the things that you said here.
Whatever you said is from the Holy Spirit.
The god of this age has blinded the mind of unbelievers so that they cannot see the light of the gospel. Yeah many Christians don't see the light of the gospel. Satan wants us to know all the laws of God but he doesn't want us to understand Gods love as revealed in the gospel.

I desperately want to speak with you.
My number is 07018529196

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Are Christians Not Practicing This Commandment Of Jesus? Topic they avoid / What's The Interpretation Of Dogs Biting Your Hand In Dreams? / Promised Land (land Of Canaan) Is Not Where You Think It Is

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.