Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,658 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:38 PM

The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria (21026 Views)

Don't Go Near China Phones(warning) / Lol. Nokia China Phones Now Having Iphone Design (see Photos) / The Evolution Of Blackberry Pictured In One Image. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Thebrightest(m): 11:54pm On Jan 17, 2016
k
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Thebrightest(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2016
FIRST TO COMMENT. Thanks to the fast 3g network on my infinix phone
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Ebimablog: 12:26am On Jan 18, 2016
engrshakespeare:

Says who

HTC is a Taiwanese company not China, don't know if they have a plant in China though

2 Likes

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Ebimablog: 12:28am On Jan 18, 2016
Thebrightest:
FIRST TO COMMENT.
Thanks to the fast 3g network on my infinix phone

Wake up dreamer

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by sirlop(m): 12:34am On Jan 18, 2016
Ebimablog:

HTC is a Taiwanese company not China, don't know if they have a plant in China though
They don't
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Eeser: 12:43am On Jan 18, 2016
Ebimablog:

Please is Taiwan not China? The last time I checked, Taiwan is not an independent state.
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by femi4: 12:44am On Jan 18, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Nice write up.

But I think your definition of "china phone" is quite Different from mine. I see china phone as substandard! So once a phone meets standards, its no longer "china phone" even if its made in china by Chinese.

Therefore, I call substandard phones made in other part of the world, even nigeria, "china phone"

So "china phone" to me is a noun
Yours is an Adjective

BTW the was no point in/of the whole article (my own personal feeling)
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by PhonePlanet(m): 1:02am On Jan 18, 2016
Bluffly:

Do you have Nigerian phone at least. The Op brought out the evolution of a country developing at a fast pace and you are saying that they are substandard.

Will you be happy if the name of your country is used synonymously to substandard.

Grow up
read my post again with understanding

i did not say all phones from china are substandard i said i call all substandard phone "china phone" and therefore do not call phones such as tecno "china phone"
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Ebimablog: 1:07am On Jan 18, 2016
Eeser:

Please is Taiwan not China? The last time I checked, Taiwan is not an independent state.

You are wrong in my opinion .How come they both have desperate heads?

If an Independent Country is defined by being able to join the United Nations as a political and sovereign entity, being recognized by most of the other countries in the world as a separate and sovereign state from China, then Taiwan is NOT an independent country, and it will not be in the near future.

However if an independent country is simply defined as a state being able to formulate its own policies, its government is chosen by its own people, it has its own armies, laws, and its people has the right to choose their way of life, yes, Taiwan is an independent country.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by rodeo0070(m): 1:55am On Jan 18, 2016
Infinix is not China. Its only manufactured there. it is owned and designed by a company in France...
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by WaffenSS(m): 2:17am On Jan 18, 2016
HTC is Taiwanese, not Chinese.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by AreaFada2: 3:39am On Jan 18, 2016
adewasco2k:

Calling any substandard phone a "china phone" is lame to me though.

Well, for those of us with a few years on our backs, it's not really lame.

Because it used to be Taiwan. Any substandard good used to called "Taiwan".

If you went to an Igbo man's shop, you'd ask not to be given Taiwan Walkman, Cassette recorder, camera, fan belt or even cutlass sef.

Taiwan was even technologically way ahead of China then.
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Bianda24: 5:20am On Jan 18, 2016
PhonePlanet:
Nice write up

But I think your definition of "china phone" is quite Different from mine. I see china phone as substandard! So once a phone meets standards, its no longer "china phone" even if its made in china by Chinese.

Therefore, I call substandard phones made in other part of the world, even nigeria, "china phone"
What are you saying. Read his article well. He made a point
So "china phone" to me is a noun
Yours is an Adjective relating to phones that come from china, whereas not all phones that come from china are substandard. so i cant and don't relate to phones such as infinix as "china phone"

BTW the was no point in/of the whole article (my own personal feeling)
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Nobody: 5:59am On Jan 18, 2016
sirlop:

HTC isn't a Chinese brand
. Yeah, its Taiwan

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by engrshakespeare: 6:21am On Jan 18, 2016
Ebimablog:

And Taiwan is in which country?
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by sirlop(m): 7:11am On Jan 18, 2016
engrshakespeare:

And Taiwan is in which country?
Taiwan gained independence in 1950

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by bqlekan(m): 7:22am On Jan 18, 2016
Remind me to use a China phone once they stop using MTK processors..

bunch of unfaithful manufacturers, overloading specs at processors peril. performance depletes over a long period of time, from cameras becoming blur to poor batteries performance.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Christmasdon(m): 7:50am On Jan 18, 2016
I saw Tecno as original china phone. But, a little of china phone.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Abbey2sam(m): 8:04am On Jan 18, 2016
adewasco2k:
This is quite long but very interesting how far "china phones" have come

Source: Wasconet.com: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria

I really appreciate this your write ups,
and I must say that I'm one of the people benefiting from this China product, and the Google open source "operating system"

they gave some of a us job, the emergence of this smart phone as created many job for youth with a little of computer knowledge to do works like flashing and other related software problems

and I tell you,it bring cool cash

I flash phones

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by LockDown69(m): 8:42am On Jan 18, 2016
I Disagree!
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by toluwahala: 8:51am On Jan 18, 2016
ok, we fold up our arms laughing at them with our arrogance and maybe plus our stupidity, calling them 'substandard' or anyhow. But what are we? we are the happiest in the world enjoying no light, no water and bad road? shameless!
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by engrshakespeare: 8:58am On Jan 18, 2016
sirlop:

Taiwan gained independence in 1950

Do your research well, Taiwan is considered a special administrative zone in China just like Macao and Hongkong. Any country that doesn't accept this can't do business with China
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by kels4fun(m): 9:27am On Jan 18, 2016
engrshakespeare:

Says who
HTC IS TAIWAN NOT CHINESE

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by LeSulk(m): 9:37am On Jan 18, 2016
I though China consists of the 'main' China, Hong Kong China,Taiwan and Macau.That makes HTC Chinese, innit?
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Nobody: 9:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Morale of the Lecture :

Just start doing something. You will get better with time.

1 Like

Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by correct7: 5:14pm On Jan 18, 2016
There are somethings some of you are not aware of. Most of these phones that you see are all made from china. Almost all their parts are made from china but assembled or couple by the country that has the license to market it. All Nokia parts are made from china.
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by sirlop(m): 8:23pm On Jan 18, 2016
engrshakespeare:

Do your research well, Taiwan is considered a special administrative zone in China just like Macao and Hongkong. Any country that doesn't accept this can't do business with China
Its a sovereign nation.... They have their own prime minister, they have their judiciary that make their laws.what else is the definition of a country
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by Frontier2: 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2016
Tecno's complete departure away from dump phones shocked me too
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by engrshakespeare: 6:56am On Jan 19, 2016
sirlop:

Its a sovereign nation.... They have their own prime minister, they have their judiciary that make their laws.what else is the definition of a country

Which country has a Taiwan embassy. Its not about how u feel its about how its done. No country can recognize Taiwan as a country. I live in China I know
Re: The Evolution Of China Phones In Nigeria by engrshakespeare: 6:58am On Jan 19, 2016
LeSulk:
I though China consists of the 'main' China, Hong Kong China,Taiwan and Macau.That makes HTC Chinese, innit?

You right, disregard anyone trying to carve out a new country

(1) (2) (Reply)

What You Need To Know About Mobile Number-Portability / My Experience In The Hands Of MTN Nigeria Whatsapp Care [see Pictures] / 5 Reasons Why I Agree TECNO Is For Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.