Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,931 members, 7,810,593 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:45 AM

Telecommunications Professionals Zone - Career (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Telecommunications Professionals Zone (112445 Views)

PGD In Eng(electronic &telecommunication) & Msc Physics Telecommunications / Human Resource Professionals: / Cwna & Telecommunications (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Crespodinho(m): 11:19pm On Oct 22, 2018
Finally I came across this thread. I'm a graduate of Electrical Electronics Engineering, I did IT with an ISP for 6months then but I'm looking forward to broaden my horizon before I go for Nysc anyone who can help me out here? I'd be glad I really want to learn but the places I go I get turned down.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by baba11(m): 2:17pm On Oct 25, 2018
Finally, I'm here.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by baba11(m): 10:30am On Oct 27, 2018
McTobe:
do u HV experience of doing TSS work before. if u have pm me
You mean Ericsson TSS or huawei TSS which makes us of the ISDP app
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by baba11(m): 10:46am On Oct 27, 2018
Kilbane:
I like that there are many telecom enthusiasts on this platform. My advice is to try get experience as a field transmission engineer. Attach yourself to a field engineer you find. They aren't difficult to come by. Simply hang around a basestation of a telecom provider you prefer to work with and see if you can relate to someone who comes to work. Show him how desperate you are and willing to work. Over my years, I've seen graduates who want to get trained but yet, are pressing phone when they ought to be asking questions or volunteering to do something like to pass cables. Be humble and patient. Whenever there is an opening, the engineer training you will be more than willing to recommend you because just like you, that's most likely how he started.

For what its worth, download installation and maintenance manuals for the following popular enterprise radios used by telcos: Cambridge Vecta Star, Intracom, Huawei RTN, Ericsson Traffic Node, Aviat Truepoint, Aviat INUe, Ceragon, etc

For ISPs, download materials for popular unlicenced radios (Ubiquity products, Cisco wireless, etc).

Also get Cisco packet tracer and start configuring Linksys routers, and Cisco devices with the simulator. Build small networks and graduate to more complex ones, etc. It won't hurt to download Cisco configuration guides. Its largely the same for all Cisco devices.
Exactly my bro. If you have any link to download all the materials, kindly provide them.

In addendum, as a transmission engineer, two trainees was attached to me this week for the installation of the LTE 700. I supposed to call my rigger but I thought, what would four of us be doing on site!? And I make do with my trainees.(they slow down my work). On second day, One of them ran away on flimsy excuse even my friends that had told me about any job openings in my coy,i couldn't call them for them to be accepted as a trainee because I know they're not committed.( Though, they already recruited, they would still listen to me because I'm known to be tough, committed and ready to work always)

One thing about this field is that it's the passion that will keep you going. Imagine getting ref by 5:00pm on Monday, we couldn't do much except to pack our MAterials inside, Tuesday, we do the the normal work. Continuation on Wednesday. We'll still have to do rsv and sign our job book.

To exceed in this feed, you must be committed and have passion for it. If you come because of money, at an early stage, you'll be frustrated..

1 Like

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by EyeTaspirant(m): 7:20pm On Feb 08, 2019
baba11:

Exactly my bro. If you have any link to download all the materials, kindly provide them.

In addendum, as a transmission engineer, two trainees was attached to me this week for the installation of the LTE 700. I supposed to call my rigger but I thought, what would four of us be doing on site!? And I make do with my trainees.(they slow down my work). On second day, One of them ran away on flimsy excuse even my friends that had told me about any job openings in my coy,i couldn't call them for them to be accepted as a trainee because I know they're not committed.( Though, they already recruited, they would still listen to me because I'm known to be tough, committed and ready to work always)

One thing about this field is that it's the passion that will keep you going. Imagine getting ref by 5:00pm on Monday, we couldn't do much except to pack our MAterials inside, Tuesday, we do the the normal work. Continuation on Wednesday. We'll still have to do rsv and sign our job book.

To exceed in this feed, you must be committed and have passion for it. If you come because of money, at an early stage, you'll be frustrated..
Well said sir.
I have the passion and I just need an opportunity to marry with my passion.
Can you be of help to me in any way?
I'm willing to attach myself with someone to get the skills and experience
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by EyeTaspirant(m): 2:36pm On Feb 23, 2019
Please, do me this favour. I am HIGHLY interested. please send to me monaconcepts@gmail.com
McTobe:
I don't usually do dis but I can send u a good free material to help u start with. dis is a material I paid 120k for the hands on training.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Nobody: 11:13am On May 17, 2020
Hello all!
I really need your advice and mentorship.
I'm an undergraduate student studying Information and Communication Technology and would be rounding up my programme early next year.
I want to venture into a career in Telecommunications Industry but I don't know the rightful source to go. I'd be glad if you can help me out.

Thanks in anticipation
You can reach me via 0903334918(WhatsApp) or allitemitope10@gmail.com
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by darneals: 1:45pm On Nov 10, 2020
spoilerx:

i doubt it

It took my a full year to respond to this thread, because I had to enroll and complete this program to be able to give an Experiential Response:
1.This program is 12 Calendar month.( I started lectures in January 2020, i am rounding up my project in December 2020; Corona(Lock Down) didn't affect the course work as it continued online)
2.This is a Degree program with an MSc In Engineering Certificate from the University of Port Harcourt + Huawei Certificate in Networking(HCIA) which is also globally recognized.
3. Its program is almost unbelievable as you will have Industry Personnel from MTN,ExonMobil,Huawei,IHS Towers, Yokogawa Instrumentation etc.
4. If you are studious, you can make a Distinction owing to the Meritorious nature of the program.

I encourage everyone who has the desire to go into Telecommunication and Instrumentation to key into this golden opportunity. It's the best decision i made in 2020.

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by darneals: 1:53pm On Nov 10, 2020
swscorpio:
Please,there's Msc Information and Telecommunications Engineering,CITE,UNIPORT. Does d program worth doing? The fees is 1.5M for 12 month calendar.

Centre For Information And Telecommunication Engineering(CITE), University Of Port Harcourt.

It took my a full year to respond to this thread, because I had to enroll and complete this program to be able to give an Experiential Response:
1.This program is 12 Calendar month.( I started lectures in January 2020, i am rounding up my project in December 2020; Corona(Lock Down) didn't affect the course work as it continued online)
2.This is a Degree program with an MSc In Engineering Certificate from the University of Port Harcourt + Huawei Certificate in Networking(HCIA) which is also globally recognized.
3. Its program is almost unbelievable as you will have Industry Personnel from MTN,ExonMobil,Huawei,IHS Towers, Yokogawa Instrumentation etc.
4. If you are studious, you can make a Distinction owing to the Meritorious nature of the program.

I encourage everyone who has the desire to go into Telecommunication and Instrumentation to key into this golden opportunity. It's the best decision i made in 2020

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by DanBond: 3:08am On Dec 03, 2020
There are so many interesting and talented people here. I think it's very cool. Modern society is experiencing the peak of development of various communication technologies-from the emergence of new ways of transmitting information to the automation of production processes and remote control of large complexes via the Internet.The telecommunications industry is one of the most important for the stable development of the economy in every civilized country. Every year, the market for services and new technologies in this area is only expanding. In my youth, I thought about studying this direction, but alas, I did not succeed. I was not upset, because not everyone can be a genius in such a complex system. Somehow in my house the Internet stopped working well, and without it in our time as without hands. I promised my wife that I would deal with the problem, but my initial knowledge, as you know, was not enough. I decided to search for information on the Internet and came across an article on the site about aerial fiber and decided to use the services of professionals after reading the reviews. I did not regret it at all, because the work of V1 Fiber met our strict standards, and it was a pleasure to work with it.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by SamPeters: 8:44pm On Dec 14, 2020
DanBond:
There are so many interesting and talented people here. I think it's very cool. Modern society is experiencing the peak of development of various communication technologies-from the emergence of new ways of transmitting information to the automation of production processes and remote control of large complexes via the Internet.The telecommunications industry is one of the most important for the stable development of the economy in every civilized country. Every year, the market for services and new technologies in this area is only expanding. In my youth, I thought about studying this direction, but alas, I did not succeed. I was not upset, because not everyone can be a genius in such a complex system. Somehow in my house the Internet stopped working well, and without it in our time as without hands. I promised my wife that I would deal with the problem, but my initial knowledge, as you know, was not enough. I decided to search for information on the Internet and came across an article on the site about aerial fiber and decided to use the services of professionals after reading the reviews. I did not regret it at all, because the work of V1 Fiber met our strict standards, and it was a pleasure to work with it.
Why didn’t anyone tell me about this some months ago?!
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Saverin: 7:12am On Jan 18, 2021
darneals:

Centre For Information And Telecommunication Engineering(CITE), University Of Port Harcourt.

I encourage everyone who has the desire to go into Telecommunication and Instrumentation to key into this golden opportunity. It's the best decision i made in 2020

Pls how much is the school fees for the one year duration?
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Ambassador21(m): 4:41pm On Dec 27, 2021
DaVinciii:
Done.
please send to my email :ambacovenant@gmail.com
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Ambassador21(m): 4:48pm On Dec 27, 2021
McTobe:
I don't usually do dis but I can send u a good free material to help u start with. dis is a material I paid 120k for the hands on training.
please can you send the material to me I am an undergraduate in telecommunication engineering I need this kind of materials. Ambacovenant@gmail.com
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by Ch1g: 10:35am On Dec 31, 2021
Very important thread, pls let's keep it alive. Those with opportunity can also share for some us that needs it
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by JamesDBlack: 5:10pm On Dec 31, 2021
Hello everyone James DBlack is a graphic designer who teaches people or lecture people for free on how to make a attractive design..

I brought to you this video that contents Full details on how to Design a customized YouTube subscriber button with your name, picture and by using your smartphone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvMSSkz7pZQ

Never forget to hit the subscribe button and turn on the notification sign.

Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by butux2020(m): 9:02pm On Jan 01, 2022
Am in love with this thread.
I hope it keep going.
Re: Telecommunications Professionals Zone by olayinka63: 6:27pm On May 08, 2023
Have anyone sat for MTN IP MPLS Engineer test? I have the test tomorrow. Any hint please.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (Reply)

Biochemistry Vs Microbiology: Which One Has More Job Opportunities In Nigeria? / Meet Abdullahi Lawal, EFCC Official Who Rejected N100M Bribe From Chinese / The Nigerian Army Salary Structure: How Much Is A Nigerian Soldier Paid?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.