Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:44 AM

A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog - Webmasters (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog (26096 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Emeka71(m): 10:26pm On Sep 07, 2016
Flawlessangel:

i know its been a while but has this question been answered? If so, what is it
The stats on My WordPress Blog doesn't seem to report traffic from LinkedIn.
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by nanaman(m): 9:19am On Sep 08, 2016
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by nanaman(m): 3:51pm On Sep 09, 2016
ITbomb:

If you are talking about navigation, Blogger has all that you mentioned
Create page widget and add the links you need
For About, Contact etc, create a page for themi, the will automatically appear in the page widget
For Categories, create labels for your post, after posting, copy the url of the labels and use it as your category in the page widget.

You can also add it manually on the template with the ul syntax

Can you help me out?
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by duduyemi02: 5:06pm On Sep 09, 2016
blog4money:
It is logical for a beginners guide to blogging to begin with information on how to start a blog. However, first a brief introduction to what a blog actually is. A blog is nothing more than your online diary or journal, in which you can express your feelings, thoughts, and opinions or even advertise your products. There are few rules apart from keeping it clean. For that reason they come in all sorts of shapes, sizes and designs, and your blog page is literally yours to anything you want with.

You can include pictures, hyperlinks to your websites, MP3s and videos. Much depends on the type of blog you have and who is the provider, but Wordpress allows more than Blogger or , especially if you have downloaded it to your own website. However, it is also more complicated and you might prefer to start off easy and then work your way up as you become more familiar with what you are doing. Many cPanel web hosts offer Wordpress facilities.

The basic components of a blog are:

Title: You can use the title to label your posting.

Category: You can add a category to keep blogs on similar topics together.

Body: This is the main content of the blog.

Trackback: This allows other sites to link back to your blog.

Permalink: This is the URL that goes with every blog that you write.

Comments: This allows readers to make comments on your blog - some good, and some bad.

By means of just one or two templates you can easily create new pages. It's a bit like having a website and copying your home page as a template for all the rest of the pages, only the blog template is blank with spaces for the title, category and all the other aspects of your blog. The blogging websites that you sign up with offer a number of templates and you can choose one and literally start blogging immediately.

Blogging can be more that just your own personal thing, and you can join groups that blog about specific topics, such as football, movies, music, blogging, etc, etc. You can all share your expertise and knowledge and some are literally operating as forums. You can also use your blog to advertise a product, and to drive traffic to your website, while others have no website and use their blog as their sole communications window on the internet.

I could go on all day about what you can do and, sometimes, cannot do with a blog, but the best way is to get started and then find what you are capable of. The best way is to log onto the blog provider of your choice and sign up for a blog. Most newcomers to blogging find it easiest to start blogging from a provider's website, and then graduating to installing blogging software on their own website

This is a bit trickier, but it allows you use all the plugins that allow total personalization of your blog so that it is completely unlike that of anybody else. You cannot use plugins when you run your blog from the provider's site, whether it is Wordpress or any other blog. You cannot beat having your own blog software and being able to design any page that you want.

However, although this sounds great to be able to do, on the whole you are likely best to start blogging from the blog hosting site, and then graduate to your own website once you are comfortable with blogging. You will have enough to take in and learn when you upload to your own web space without having to worry about how blogging works.

Blogging is fantastic fun, and it can also be very profitable. However, there are specific techniques involved in making money using blogs, and it is very easy to get your fingers burnt if you are unaware of the pitfalls and the right way to do it. Nevertheless, blogging can be very rewarding, both personally and financially, so best of luck, and get blogging now. Don't leave it a minute longer because you might have a lot to learn yet.

Once you have learned how to start a blog, then you can think of running your own from your own website.

I want to host my wordpress on hostigator but i don't if they do accept Naira master card. Can some help me out pls
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by lisaalarms(f): 1:25am On Sep 10, 2016
Am still not getting how the money is actually made
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Nognome(m): 2:19pm On Sep 10, 2016
Having such issue editing your blog html?
Then this is the only solution
https://letsgists..com.ng/2016/09/how-to-edit-blogger-template-html.html?m=1

Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by kelvinnaira: 11:01am On Sep 19, 2016
duduyemi02:

I want to host my wordpress on hostigator but i don't if they do accept Naira master card. Can some help me out pls
yes they do.. I have a 60% discount link code as a trusted member of them.. I am Nigerian and have been buying things (hosting, domain names, + gadgets) using my Diamond bnk debit card (ATM) and there hasnt been any problem.

I have also tried Ecobank mastercard, Fidelity bnk visa and GTB too.. All works even for google and facebook ad
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by kelvinnaira: 11:02am On Sep 19, 2016
lisaalarms:
Am still not getting how the money is actually made
do u have a blog already?
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 10:08am On Nov 24, 2016
Hi. Launch your blog for only 10k naira today.
I will set up your WordPress blog for 10k, if you haven't purchased hosting and domain yet, I have a $1 dollar/month HOSTING plus FREE domain name offer with a reputable hosting company(Godaddy!!)

Basic package includes the following for 10k(sale ongoing)
*Search Engine Optimisation
*Spam protection feature
*Page Caching for Improved User experience and site performance, reduced loading and download time, and prevention against crashing

Premium package includes the following
*Search Engine Optimisation
*Spam protection feature
*Page Caching for Improved Used Experience and site performance, reduced loading and download time, prevention against crashing
*Social Media Integration- one click share.

Contact via Whatsapp: 09023662940

Here's a chance to launch your blog for little investment today.
logging is serious business. Here are some TOP earning blogs in the world:

1. Ariana Huffington of thehuffingtonpost earns $2,000,000 plus monthly
3. Perizhilton by Mario Lavandeira earns some $450,000 per month.
5. Chiara Ferragni of theblondesalad earns well over $1m from her blog
6. Linda Ikeji and bella naija both of whom need no introduction.

Message me via Whatsapp: 09023662940
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by discovergeeks: 7:21am On Apr 03, 2017
Starting a self hosted blog is the most simplest thing one could do online if they want to start a online business. Learn how to start a Wordpress blog in 5 minutes and earn 100000 like PatFlynn & Michelle Gardner.. www.discovergeeks.com/how-to-start-a-blog-with-minimum-budget-and-make-money-online/

1 Like

Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Knetpro(m): 6:21pm On Jun 05, 2017
Here is how to start a blog and earn over N200,000 every month working from home in Nigeria!!!

1. Start a blog.

2. Do research and brainstorming.

3. Register your domain name and host your blog.

4. Start creating useful content on your blog.

5. Put Google AdSense Codes and Affiliate Marketing Links on your blog.

6. Create an information product to sell on your blog.

7. Broadcast your blog to people on social media and forums so that they can visit it and you can get some blog readers.

8. Make money when people visit your blog and click on your pay-per-click affiliate marketing and your product links and buy any of your products or click on your Google AdSense pay-per-click ads.

That, in a nutshell, is how to start a blog and make money online from your blog. All things being equal, if you have laid the proper foundation for your blog, you can start to make money blogging 5 years from now.

BUT, would you love to start your own READY-MADE BLOG (EVERYTHING ALREADY DONE FOR YOU) and begin to EARN OVER N200,000 MONTHLY from your home starting from TODAY

If so, click the following link now ===>>> http://imheadquartersng.com/make-500-dollars-daily-from-fiverr.html
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Easymadeblog(m): 5:08am On Jun 06, 2017
I have the complete blogging guide as an ebook here. If you don't mind to have it, Get it here
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Easymadeblog(m): 7:54am On Jun 06, 2017
I have the pdf file of "The complete blogging guide for beginners". You can get it here

Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by wordatom(m): 3:48am On Sep 23, 2017
Creating a blog is quite easy.

I have created a page with three steps guide on how to create a blog.

The first step being to buy a domain name and web hosting. The second step is to install Wordpress and the third step is to customise your blog.

Here's the link to the page: https://wordatom.com/how-to-start-a-blog/
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by iseeicome: 3:40am On Oct 21, 2017
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by soltaisam: 10:47am On Oct 21, 2017
Please, this is my www.oneplusonemil.com I don't want the slider to open of the mobile view. I used . Is there anyone that can help me to do this on ?. Thanks
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by somtookeke(m): 7:29am On Jan 05, 2020
Google site search modifier

This blog post helps you to quickly index your new blog posts on Google. The strategies that I mention in this blog post have worked like a charm in indexing my blogs.

Before reading this blog post, you need to remember one thing.

The index time is dependent on the crawl rate (the rate at which Google bots crawl your content). This means higher the crawl rate greater the indexation speed.

All the tips you learnt when it comes to optimizing your site for crawlability also comes in handy for speeding up the indexation.

How to know whether your blog is indexed or not?

For this, you need to make use of domain name search modifier.

From the above screenshot, I can conclude that Google has indexed 25 of my site's webpages.

You need to at least be able to index your website before thinking about ranking it.

Read More:
https://speakersden2..com/2020/01/16-steps-for-blog-posts-index-2020.html

[/color][color=#000099][color=#990000][/color]

Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Sulaimaniy11(m): 7:56am On Jan 06, 2020
Nice post. I also wrote a well detailed post How to start a successful blog in Nigeria this is a simple step by step guide you need to set up your powerful blog today.
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Sulaimaniy11(m): 3:29pm On Jan 30, 2020
This is a well detailed post. Blogging in Nigeria as turn to a viral stuff, not all Bloggers in Nigeria succeed. The reason is because they only want to make money without doing the needful.

I have written an in depth guide on How to start blogging in Nigeria you should check it out.
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Ukprosper: 3:56pm On May 28, 2020
Here is how to start up a professional blog and make money in Nigeria
https://www.knowseeker.com/2020/03/how-to-start-up-professional-blog-for-free.html
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 31, 2020
May God bless you for this, bro
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by WordpressPhysco: 8:03am On Oct 06, 2020
This is an overview of a great blogging guide.

For a long detailed blogging guide and how to rank on search engines check out this guide - https://isuawealthyplace.com/start-a-blog-in-nigeria/
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by haon: 11:55am On Oct 25, 2020
How to start blogging in 2020.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ_KTtz_g_E
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by baratech: 7:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
Happy New Week!

Take your business online! Any type of website you need:

✅ Company Website
✅ School Website
✅ Courier Website
✅ P2P Website
✅ Agro/Food Website
✅ Bitcoin/Investment Website
✅ Any type of Blog site

I also offer bulk email and bulk sms services.

Get in touch today!

Call/Whatsapp: 08117506291
Re: A Beginners Guide To Blogging - How To Start A Blog by DeckeyLyrical(m): 9:08am On Mar 16, 2021
Currently working on my new blog, my website designer is already on it. I need somebody that can help me and guide me on every step I need to start the blog without making a mistake. I am a beginner. I need a tutor.. I will appreciate well. I don't know if I should chose WordPress. I have much questions for experienced bloggers

Watsapp 09017478979

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What's Your Own Website Address? / Help. How Do I Add My Site's Banner To My Phpbb Forum Page? / Google Celebrates Nigeria Independence Day With Style (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.