Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,754 members, 7,824,162 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:41 AM

Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) (13728 Views)

Petty Trader Impersonates As Doctor, Moves To Transplant Heart For Patient. PICS / I Have Slept With 1000 Men - Benue Man Who Impersonates Female Prostitutes / Graduate Impersonates Kukah, Defrauds Oyedepo, Dantata, Others (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by sugarbelly3: 7:04am On Jan 18, 2016
An Internet scam suspect, Elom Nzube, says he hacked into the Twitter account of a Tanzanian, Dr. Reginald Remengi, in order to “just impersonate” him.

Nzube, 25, reportedly reached out to Mrs. Tinu Abiola, the Managing Director, HTM International Nigeria Ltd, a friend of Remengi.

The suspect was paraded by the police in Abuja on Friday for allegedly blackmailing Abiola and attempting to extort $5,000 from her.

He was said to have also hacked into Abiola’s Twitter accounts and threatened to tarnish her image if she did not pay him the said amount.

Nzube admitted to hacking into Abiola’s Twitter account, but denied extorting money from her.

He said, “I hacked into Dr Remengi’s Twitter account and I used it to chat with Abiola while posing as Remengi, but I didn’t extort any money from her. What happened was that somebody sent a link to me, which he used to hack my Twitter account. I suspected that Abiola must have sent the link to me because immediately I clicked on it, I couldn’t access my account again.

“So I hacked into Remengi’s account and pretended to be him while chatting with Abiola. I can no longer access my PayPal account, where I have $700 which I wanted to use to rent an apartment.”

Nzube, a barber, claimed that he generated the money in his PayPal account from marketing health products online.

The Force Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Kolawole, said Abiola petitioned the Inspector-General of Police, Solomon Arase, on December 1, 2015, after Nzube attempted to extort money from her.

She said, “On the strength of the petition, detectives assigned to carry out investigation into the case found out that the suspect fraudulently fabricated a story using his professional knowledge in computer applications to design a human skull, attached same to the photograph of the complainant and created a web page with Vanguard newspapers media logo, which he used to blackmail the petitioner internationally.”

According to her, the suspect confessed to have blackmailed several suspects locally and internationally “among who are Prof. Toyin Ajao, a lecturer at the University of Pretoria, South Africa; Senator Raji Rauf, and Sam Kurk of England.”

Kolawole advised Nigerians to be diligent in keeping their social accounts passwords to avoid falling prey to Internet fraudsters.

Source:http://www.punchng.com/internet-scam-suspect-nabbed-impersonation/

lalasticlala, mynd44

Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by sugarbelly3: 7:05am On Jan 18, 2016
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by HungerBAD: 7:06am On Jan 18, 2016
Laughing.

A Yahoo Barber?thought i had seen everything. But the thing is, why not channel such intelligence into something productive?if you are that good at hacking, you could further your education with a Degree in Info Tech.

A lot of Nigerian's have potentials, but channel them into the wrong areas.

11 Likes

Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by ademega(m): 7:12am On Jan 18, 2016
his beans is ready

2 Likes

Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by eleko1: 7:15am On Jan 18, 2016
Elom NZube sad grin cheesy the usual hard working East Africa pipu cool.I twale ooo cheesy.

23 Likes

Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by Young03(m): 7:18am On Jan 18, 2016
Oh...c'est domage
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by fulfillbill(m): 7:27am On Jan 18, 2016
the is looking like "but na my first time o"

1 Like

Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by OnankpaBa(m): 10:42am On Jan 18, 2016
cheesy
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by kennyman2000(m): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2016
Hmmmmmm
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by BaddieKay(f): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2016
undecided
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by decode55(m): 10:43am On Jan 18, 2016
Not smart enough. undecided
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by adewumiopeyemi(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2016
See teeth..like Goat teeth he will rote in jail. grin angry
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by Smellymouth: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2016
Badoo Sneh..

He is just a hustler tryna survive joor..

But he forgot the golden rule--" Thou shall not be caught...."

Waiting for tribal bashers to take over this thread..

Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by Bigdreams(m): 10:44am On Jan 18, 2016
Na wa oo...

Read my signature to download my free report on how to successfully start bulk sms business.
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by gist4kidsblog: 10:44am On Jan 18, 2016
grin grin grin
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by livingstoneony(m): 10:45am On Jan 18, 2016
haba lol
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by dtracker: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Hmmmmm, interesting.
#takes a seat
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by PlayerMeji: 10:45am On Jan 18, 2016
Well, he clearly looks more Tanzanian than IGBO
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by hectorrwilliams1(m): 10:46am On Jan 18, 2016
madridguy:
Any Hacker in thy house ? I need someone to teach me White hacking.
baba! I shabi blue hacking grin
madridguy:
Any Hacker in thy house ? I need someone to teach me White hacking.
baba! I shabi blue hacking
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by mobaladf: 10:48am On Jan 18, 2016
Hackers, but not gud to involved in the wrong act
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by tommykiwi(m): 10:49am On Jan 18, 2016
dis one na hungry yahoo boy abeg make una free am.
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by TonyeBarcanista(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Good riddance
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by Horlawale1(m): 10:50am On Jan 18, 2016
Man must survive
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by modestdude(m): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2016
I want to learn Ethical Hacking in order to protect the integrity of my organization. Where do i acquire this knowledge?
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by Vikky014(f): 10:54am On Jan 18, 2016
Name checkers over to you
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by winkmart: 10:54am On Jan 18, 2016
these boys are never gonna ever take a chill

ARE YOU A BLOGGER? CHECK MY SIGNATURE
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by classicwaparz01: 10:54am On Jan 18, 2016
Good To hear
Re: Internet Scammer Impersonates Tanzanian, Remengi (photo) by Vikky014(f): 10:56am On Jan 18, 2016
Smellymouth:
Badoo Sneh..
He is just a hustler tryna survive joor..
But he forgot the golden rule--" Thou shall not be caught...."
Waiting for tribal bashers to take over this thread..
LMAO.@pic
stop joking with people's Life president

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

No Officer Is Allowed To Harass You even If You Have A Serpent As Tattoo - PPRO / 6 Children Rescued From Human Trafficker In Ogun / AAUA Demands Prosecution Of Soldiers Who Gang-Raped Student

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.