Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,256 members, 7,815,395 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:44 AM

Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed (11796 Views)

N-power Is A Social Intervention Programme For The Unemployed In Nigeria. / N-Power Teacher Corps: FG Begins Recruitment Of 500k Unemployed Graduates / 5 Smart Things Unemployed Graduates Can Do To Survive In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by iswallker(m): 11:32am On Jan 19, 2016
Slyr0x:
Why can't we have a consolidated database as a country?

CBN is building theirs with the BVN.
NIMC is building theirs.
The telcos are building theirs.
Nigeria Immigration Service has theirs.

This might just be another avenue to siphon funds.

SMH

100%
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Nobody: 11:33am On Jan 19, 2016
jstbeinhonest:
Isn't there any one else who is tired of these 'to do','will do','to build'?...Is 7 months not enough time for us to begin to hear stuffs like 'have done','have built'?.
Not only you o. I don tire tey tey.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Mylove55(f): 11:39am On Jan 19, 2016
tommykiwi:
Seeing is believing oooo....because anytin from APC now is fraud and lies.
thank God is easier to believe apc than to believe pdp
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Bigdreams(m): 11:45am On Jan 19, 2016
Good initiative. Let's hope it is implemented properly.

Check my signature to download the FREE REPORT on How To Successfully Start A Bulk SMS Business.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by tdemo(m): 11:51am On Jan 19, 2016
APC = the Most promising administration of all time!!!!! Na so so talk dem no dey do undecided
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by mark2nv2002: 11:57am On Jan 19, 2016
enigma2007:

and why do you need a data center facility for that? Database can be hosted anywhere inasmuch they can secure it properly.

"Secure it Properly"

Zenox is no way secured or certified with any infosec standard, besides is it that cubicle they call datacenter you want to house millions of unemployed youths database?

Besides setting up such solution will require all employed and unemployed persons data, and records of places they are working with.

How many Nigerians want to say i work here or there.

Its a failed project my friend.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by sapientia(m): 11:59am On Jan 19, 2016
Rubbish..

In the time used.. some will become unemployed and some already captured will be employed..

Waste of taxpayers money..

Until Nigeria have a synchronised database.. let them forget all these
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by persius555(m): 12:05pm On Jan 19, 2016
Zinox of all companies! SMH. This company wey no know left from right. Company wey na only to dey run after government contract. Out of the rubbish pile, this company emerges again.

Imagine the comment "nigerian graduates are not skilled". Why not employ the minister of labour, since he could be better skilled.

How long will it take a computer science graduate to sharpen his or skill in MSQL, Oracle, MySQL etc

Is it not nigerians that are managing central database for NIMC, BVN, INEC, Immiration, FRSC, LASSRA, Banks etc
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by olaomoola1(m): 12:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slyr0x:

NIMC is building theirs.

SMH
read d article well
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by segunmandate(m): 12:20pm On Jan 19, 2016
THIS IS A GREAT TIME OF TRUTH. BUT THIS ZINOX OF OURS MUST GIVE US THE BEST WE NEED AND NEVER TO MAKE THERE WORK A POLITIFIC TYPE ... GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS TNNY GROUP [color=#770077][/color]
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by segunmandate(m): 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
THIS IS A GREAT TIME OF TRUTH. BUT THIFFFCVCCDDDDDS ZINOX OF OURS MUST GIVE US THE BEST WE NEED AND NEVER TO MAKE THERE WORK A POLITIFIC TYPE ... GOD BLESS NIGERIA, GOD BLESS TNNY GROUP [/color] cool cool cool[color=#990000]
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by naijainfogalery: 12:21pm On Jan 19, 2016
incase you dont understand this is a trap, unlike before where govt institutions dont share info now they have collated all the info under one body. Guess how i knew, the registration i used for my national ID card was the one updated on my INEC card even though i filled different addresses.
So now the federal govt automatically have your account number under BVN , they have your info under INEC, they also have your info under NCC through network registration, they also have your info under NIS, now zinox, so if you lie that you are unemployed they will just run a check between all these parastatal, so if u claim to be jobless and you are loading 3k credit monthly OYO, if you claim to be jobless and you have plenty money in your account OYO.

So now you see the benefit of this excercise? even though i dont think this is the best way to take people out of poverty.

Slyr0x:

NIMC is building theirs.

SMH
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by segunmandate(m): 12:29pm On Jan 19, 2016
WE SHOULD NEVER GO AGAINST THIS NUT LET KEEP WAITING AND PRAYALWAYS FOR THEM .......THIS NIMC THAT WE DID FOR THE PAST 1AND HALF YEARS WE HAVE NOT SEEN ANYTHING ...I BELIEF THIS WILL NOT BE THE SAME AND MEANS OF EMBEZZLING OUR RESOURCES... GOD BLESS NIGERIA ..GOD BLESS TNNY TEAM[color=#770077][/color]
olaomoola1:
read d article well
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by sam90s(m): 12:32pm On Jan 19, 2016
Slyr0x:

NIMC is building theirs.

SMH

But it says right there in the article that the chairman of Zinox Group (teaming up with the ministry of labour) said the database can be built without incuring expenses, or are you referring to something else?
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by 123papas(m): 12:38pm On Jan 19, 2016
we don't need any database. create the jobs.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by enigma2007(m): 12:48pm On Jan 19, 2016
mark2nv2002:

"Secure it Properly"

Zenox is no way secured or certified with any infosec standard, besides is it that cubicle they call datacenter you want to house millions of unemployed youths database?

Besides setting up such solution will require all employed and unemployed persons data, and records of places they are working with.

How many Nigerians want to say i work here or there.

Its a failed project my friend.

I beg to disagree with you. Building a data center just to house a database is a pure waste of money and resources. Except the scope of the project is going to be extended to accommodate the entire government IT infrastructure or host several other services such as databases, file servers, application servers, middleware etc then the I would push for a data-center.

Personally, it something i can set up using a physical server with access to the net, a front-end solution and a good database (MS SQL server or Oracle or MongoDB any other database that supports non structured data).

This is a project that they can get up and running in no time if they are serious. Even some of our university grads can set this up without sweat!
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by mark2nv2002: 2:15pm On Jan 19, 2016
enigma2007:

I beg to disagree with you. Building a data center just to house a database is a pure waste of money and resources. Except the scope of the project is going to be extended to accommodate the entire government IT infrastructure or host several other services such as databases, file servers, application servers, middleware etc then the I would push for a data-center.

Personally, it something i can set up using a physical server with access to the net, a front-end solution and a good database (MS SQL server or Oracle or MongoDB any other database that supports non structured data).

This is a project that they can get up and running in no time if they are serious. Even some of our university grads can set this up without sweat!

Fine but lets put the scope back to the functionality of the project at hand. Declaring the commencement of a data management project in a country that does not have a synchronized system of data exchange in all its parastatals. is it worth a try?

Anybody can setup a database to house data with your mentioned servers but you dont just setup such for sensitive employment verification structure that requires severe security measures. Am not talking about school project, NIMC projects or VIN. We are looking at millions of data's to be housed by a company that need to be audited and certified by Higher infosec standards e.g ISO27001, PCI-DSS etc.

Not just a baby database reform that some DDOS programs can take over in seconds.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by Nobody: 2:50pm On Jan 19, 2016
E be like say Nigeria don get government
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by ehinmowo: 3:07pm On Jan 19, 2016
what Nigeria needs is not jst unemployment database, but a database that can reproduce, regenerate and adjust itself on a daily basis.

ordinary registration on names and data will only lead to more corruption as pple lose and get employed everyday.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by enigma2007(m): 3:08pm On Jan 19, 2016
mark2nv2002:

Fine but lets put the scope back to the functionality of the project at hand. Declaring the commencement of a data management project in a country that does not have a synchronized system of data exchange in all its parastatals. is it worth a try?

Anybody can setup a database to house data with your mentioned servers but you dont just setup such for sensitive employment verification structure that requires severe security measures. Am not talking about school project, NIMC projects or VIN. We are looking at millions of data's to be housed by a company that need to be audited and certified by Higher infosec standards e.g ISO27001, PCI-DSS etc.

Not just a baby database reform that some DDOS programs can take over in seconds.

I know guys that can take out data-centers as well (fair game to them). So to determined attackers, data-centers or not will not stop them from DDOSing your system or causing other havoc. Read about the data breach from the following companies: Mastercard, Visa, Target, JP Morgan, Sony, White house personnel office etc. I read about one company (Amazon) though, Anonymous group DDOS them and it did not work because their capacity kept on absorbing the attack.

Lets take it to a more recent context, the voters registration exercise in Nigeria that was conducted was done without the need to build a data-center and i have not heard of any data breach yet. The National database also comes to mind as well..

I still maintain that the use of data center would only be justifiable if the government's entire or critical IT infrastructures would be deployed on it in order to justify the costs of building one.

Alternatively the can get a virtual data-center at a cheaper price wink
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by mark2nv2002: 3:27pm On Jan 19, 2016
enigma2007:

I know guys that can take out data-centers as well (fair game to them). So to determined attackers, data-centers or not will not stop them from DDOSing your system or causing other havoc. Read about the data breach from the following companies: Mastercard, Visa, Target, JP Morgan, Sony, White house personnel office etc. I read about one company (Amazon) though, Anonymous group DDOS them and it did not work because their capacity kept on absorbing the attack.

Lets take it to a more recent context, the voters registration exercise in Nigeria that was conducted was done without the need to build a data-center and i have not heard of any data breach yet. The National database also comes to mind as well..

I still maintain that the use of data center would only be justifiable if the government's entire or critical IT infrastructures would be deployed on it in order to justify the costs of building one.

Alternatively the can get a virtual data-center at a cheaper price wink

We both know the voters registration exercise was not accurately captured, we had cases of multiple registrations and validity of the captured once are not 100%, if you look at the proposals of such projects, you will see the they have exorbitant ideologies but failed deliveries, and of cos, there was no time to verify the deliverables cos even registration was not fully concluded, with evidence of failed capture machines and compromised items.

The whole argument still balls down to the impossibility of the project to be delivered by zenox. We both know this.

NB: About you decision on (No Breach) with the voters card, what about the guys caught with voters cards, besides i participated in the exercise, i could print thousands if i want to and even replicate IDs. The screening of valid voters card they did still didnt capture all faulty once. This is Nigeria you know.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by enigma2007(m): 3:42pm On Jan 19, 2016
mark2nv2002:

We both know the voters registration exercise was not accurately captured, we had cases of multiple registrations and validity of the captured once are not 100%, if you look at the proposals of such projects, you will see the they have exorbitant ideologies but failed deliveries, and of cos, there was no time to verify the deliverables cos even registration was not fully concluded, with evidence of failed capture machines and compromised items.

The whole argument still balls down to the impossibility of the project to be delivered by zenox. We both know this.

NB: About you decision on (No Breach) with the voters card, what about the guys caught with voters cards, besides i participated in the exercise, i could print thousands if i want to and even replicate IDs. The screening of valid voters card they did still didnt capture all faulty once. This is Nigeria you know.

cheesy grin @Nigerian factor bit... cheesy grin grin
I would love to see their term of reference for the project or the project charter if they make it public so that you and I can properly argue it out based on the context of the document!

Looking at from another perspective, the government can build a center that integrate all the databases been generated left and right by agencies such as FRSC, Police, NMIC, unemployment database etc. This would enable them to combat terrorism and have comprehensive info about the citizenry effectively from a single point rather than the disparate databases been maintained by different agencies.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by bigmo1(m): 7:17pm On Jan 19, 2016
Ngige-Ibo minister, Zinox-ibo company, Stan ekeh-ibo CEO of Zinox. Ibo's in power will always favour their kinsman, yet they will still shout marginalization.
Re: Ministry, Zinox To Build Database Of The Unemployed by mark2nv2002: 7:24pm On Jan 19, 2016
enigma2007:

cheesy grin @Nigerian factor bit... cheesy grin grin
I would love to see their term of reference for the project or the project charter if they make it public so that you and I can properly argue it out based on the context of the document!

Looking at from another perspective, the government can build a center that integrate all the databases been generated left and right by agencies such as FRSC, Police, NMIC, unemployment database etc. This would enable them to combat terrorism and have comprehensive info about the citizenry effectively from a single point rather than the disparate databases been maintained by different agencies.

Exactly...Nice one anyway..cheers

(1) (2) (Reply)

Corruption - Edo State Power Distribution Company / What Did You Do With Your First Salary? / Who Has Successfully Applied For Diamond Bank Job

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.