Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,983 members, 7,825,064 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development - Programming (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development (4746 Views)

Integrating Fingerprint Scanner In Web Application / Which Language/framework Is Recommended For Startups? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development by guente02(m): 1:01am On Sep 19, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I'm glad you found my posts useful, i'd follow you back on twitter.
You're welcome.

But before you take a break from coding, think of why you even started coding...have you achieved your aim? if no, then you don't need that break, you need extra hours of hard work instead to achieve what you set out to do. If it is only HTML and CSS you know, stick to it like that but be on top of the HTML/CSS game, be 90% and above, strive to be Nigeria's best Web Designer..or Africa's finest designer, or the world's best designer, that's a good name and it's better than riches.
Keep your game going, there's no reason to stop, even when you are at the top..you'd need to keep on going. Design 10 websites every 2 weeks, set tasks for yourself and trust me, you'd be one of the all time best web designers on the globe, but remember bro the journey of a thousand miles starts from a step.

Goodluck!
Good push for a weakening soul.
Thanks Bruv.

1 Like

Re: What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development by francollimasso: 2:13pm On Sep 19, 2016
I wasn't satisfied with using wordpress, I started learning asp mvc. But this ninject, integration test and version control is giving me sleepless night, can someone shed more light. Is it a most before I can be a web developer
Re: What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development by DharkPoet(m): 6:12pm On Sep 19, 2016
After reading @DanielTheGeek's posts on these subject, safe to say that he's one enlightened brother with dedication to the programming course.
Back to the subject, I think to become successful in Web Development or even Programming as a whole requires a lot of sacrifices, dedication, staying akin to latest technologies and tool sets, and staying focused.
I'm self taught, a graduate of Computer Engineering, but I'd say that 98% of what I know so far was never taught in my school, I mean, unless you'd include learning qbasic at 300L and learning Pascal at 400L, and each of the course only stopped at the concept of conditional and control statements.
I know there are better schools with better programmers, but for anyone to be successful, I guess there's always need for the additional sacrifice.

1 Like

Re: What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development by Nascimento(m): 2:08am On Sep 30, 2016
DanielTheGeek:

I'm glad you found my posts useful, i'd follow you back on twitter.
You're welcome.

But before you take a break from coding, think of why you even started coding...have you achieved your aim? if no, then you don't need that break, you need extra hours of hard work instead to achieve what you set out to do. If it is only HTML and CSS you know, stick to it like that but be on top of the HTML/CSS game, be 90% and above, strive to be Nigeria's best Web Designer..or Africa's finest designer, or the world's best designer, that's a good name and it's better than riches.
Keep your game going, there's no reason to stop, even when you are at the top..you'd need to keep on going. Design 10 websites every 2 weeks, set tasks for yourself and trust me, you'd be one of the all time best web designers on the globe, but remember bro the journey of a thousand miles starts from a step.

Goodluck!

@DanielTheGeek thanks. This is really a late reply. I took your words to heart, and the fire keeps burning. I'll soon complete my front-end development course. I'll keep striving to be best.
Cheers.
Re: What Is Recommended To Have A Successful Career In Web Development by Nobody: 2:20am On Sep 30, 2016
Nascimento:

@DanielTheGeek thanks. This is really a late reply. I took your words to heart, and the fire keeps burning. I'll soon complete my front-end development course. I'll keep striving to be best.
Cheers.

Good-luck on your endeavors.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can Someone Learn Programming On His Own? / Web Development Or Software Development: Which Is More Lucrative? / What's Your Favourite Text Editor?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.