Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,671 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:33 PM

Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside (44294 Views)

Oyedepo: A Believer Behaving Like Mumu In Place Of Authority, This Is Evil Govt / Abuja Residents Decry Indecent Dressing In Places Of Worship / How Many Times Do They Collect Offerings In Your Place Of Worship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Thelma110(f): 10:03pm On Jan 24, 2016
Themandator:

The communion is made up of the body and the blood....when you receive communion during mass do you partake of both

When u'r offered the holy communion, what does the priest say to you? Quit trying to discredit the Catholic Church just because u decided to leave. Worship wherever you "See the light".
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 10:05pm On Jan 24, 2016
chidexxy007:

hw many charitable stuffs did d thief on the cross do.....
so u dnt knw d importance of charitable acts in d lyf of a chriatian..datz exactly y i earlier said dis generation of young socio-christians are on a dangeros path...read mattew 25:30-40(watsoever u do 2 d least of ma brodas dat u do unto me) christianity is nt jst a religion tz a way of lyf....tz practical..i dnt blame u guys....u guys are so gullible dat wah u seek in church is jst financial upliftment....jst lyk ur pastor-prenuers...if d catholic pope decides 2 get a private jet every week he wud easily acheive it...buh he still a commercial airline(air italia) u guys are jst soo terible u feel chrustuanty is jst about fakin speakin in tongue...and pls dnt qusote mi again...Go perfect ur azonto steps so u can attain dum level of self fulfilment since datz d onli thing u guys are gud@...AZONTO CHURXHES(Advanced clubs)
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by charsola: 10:08pm On Jan 24, 2016
udmydearest:
my brother, u need to sum up courage n take a walk.......... SIMPLE

Are u encouraging him to take a walk to damnation? Not a nice advise dough but let me ask, can one walk out of truth in search of lies?
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jan 24, 2016
charsola:

Brother if it is not panadol it is not the same thing as panadol, the direction goes like this :go to confession regularly, visit the blessed sacrament and pray your rosary daily.... You are right on the road to salvation, remember our altimate aim in this life is to make heaven and nothing unclean can enter heaven says the Bible, if you could follow those parts I mentioned to you then u r good to go.

Thanks bro. But those directions are not really biblical. Are they not more doctrinal
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Themandator: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2016
sirusX:

I guessed u dint get me or I dint explain well
I meant all those activities helped me get a better understanding of the church and the mass (sumthing I neglected)...helping me listen, meditate and find that spiritual fulfilment.

What you don't know....u have no understanding, so u say the things u say based on what you bliv. But who am I to judge. Based on what I know I could say some things about protestant churches of even the muslims, but I know that my views are sum1 from the outside looking in & it would be different from one who has been in that faith and taken the time to learn soo much

OK. But before I let you go, know this : God gives Rev Frs from a purpose : to impart you with knowledge and understanding of the mystery of the kingdom for it is given unto you to know the mystery and operate them. If any father is not fulfilling this and you rely on church groupings to know, then his priest hood is needless.

After the way has been pointed then you engage in seeking and finding but someone with grace must, like lecturers, point you to your way....

I was amongst the best during catechism class for first holy communion and confirmation. A block rosary activist and spiritual father for persons during baptism.

All the above did not impart my destiny. A married man like me knows what he is saying :my wife is a cadet by virtue of the Father being a knight... But today, she knows better.... Christ death is so we can reign as priest and Kings and it requires the operation of the mystery to walk into the power realms.

My entire family are Catholics except myself.. And then my younger brother that I told to go to winners for sometime and see if he can find the words for his healing... He is a crazy winners, Today.

my mum called me, recently and after giving me what she thought were sound out I ask her told listen and I gave her scriptures and charge that she confess that my understanding is extraordinary.... She confessed that my words gave her insight that wasn't there and her faith welled up. She was supposed to minister to me but got it from me the way no father has eve told her.

She now wants me to talk to her all the time
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 10:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
driy65:
so u dnt knw d importance of charitable acts in d lyf of a chriatian..datz exactly y i earlier said dis generation of young socio-christians are on a dangeros path...read mattew 25:30-40(watsoever u do 2 d least of ma brodas dat u do unto me) christianity is nt jst a religion tz a way of lyf....tz practical..i dnt blame u guys....u guys are so gullible dat wah u seek in church is jst financial upliftment....jst lyk ur pastor-prenuers...if d catholic pope decides 2 get a private jet every week he wud easily acheive it...buh he still a commercial airline(air italia) u huys are jst soo terible u feel chrustuanty is jst abiut fakin speakin in tingues...and pks dnt qusote mi again...Go perfect ur azonto steps so u can attain dum level of self fulfilment since datz d onli thing u guys are gud@...AZONTO CHURXHES(Advanced clubs)
brother... na one line sentence I ask u bring about all this thrash?..
I repeat incase u didn't see the 1st question.....HOW MANY CHARITABLE STUFFS DID THE THIEF ON THE CROSS DO.
giving alms and doing cross country charity without ur soul being in tune with the Most High God is tantamount Deceit. You can feed, clothe, house the whole world for all you care....
Don't be in a haste to reply, just think and reflect on the question cos its not only about charity but about WHAT U FEED YOUR SOUL. If the soul ain't right with God, no mata the amount of charity u do, it doesn't count for ANYTHING.
P.S, am an old fashioned believer.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by seyibaale(m): 10:38pm On Jan 24, 2016
shamecurls:
Oregun connections......Una dey hear grin grin grin
nailed it...going to that church not just to offend my uncle..I run to Catholic at times without telling them..that church tho
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 11:39pm On Jan 24, 2016
chidexxy007:

brother... na one line sentence I ask u bring about all this thrash?..
I repeat incase u didn't see the 1st question.....HOW MANY CHARITABLE STUFFS DID THE THIEF ON THE CROSS DO.
giving alms and doing cross country charity without ur soul being in tune with the Most High God is tantamount Deceit. You can feed, clothe, house the whole world for all you care....
Don't be in a haste to reply, just think and reflect on the question cos its not only about charity but about WHAT U FEED YOUR SOUL. If the soul ain't right with God, no mata the amount of charity u do, it doesn't count for ANYTHING.
P.S, am an old fashioned believer.
serve ur God d best u feel u can...pls dnt quote mi again...lyk i earlier said go perfect ur azonto steps since dahz wah u guys are gud@...
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 12:04am On Jan 25, 2016
driy65:
serve ur God d best u feel u can...pls dnt quote mi again...lyk i earlier said go perfect ur azonto steps since dahz wah u guys are gud@...
is that the only line u knw? its stale already.
once again.. think deep and reflect on that question and stop being naive and myopic.
thanks and God bless..
oh like I said, am an old fashioned believer.... go find what it means in case u don't.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 12:15am On Jan 25, 2016
chidexxy007:

is that the only line u knw? its stale already.
once again.. think deep and reflect on that question and stop being naive and myopic.
thanks and God bless..
oh like I said, am an old fashioned believer.... go find what it means in case u don't.
,...guy go 2 bed....tw*t
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by sirusX(m): 1:45am On Jan 25, 2016
Themandator:

OK. But before I let you go, know this : God gives Rev Frs from a purpose : to impart you with knowledge and understanding of the mystery of the kingdom for it is given unto you to know the mystery and operate them. If any father is not fulfilling this and you rely on church groupings to know, then his priest hood is needless.

After the way has been pointed then you engage in seeking and finding but someone with grace must, like lecturers, point you to your way....

I was amongst the best during catechism class for first holy communion and confirmation. A block rosary activist and spiritual father for persons during baptism.

All the above did not impart my destiny. A married man like me knows what he is saying :my wife is a cadet by virtue of the Father being a knight... But today, she knows better.... Christ death is so we can reign as priest and Kings and it requires the operation of the mystery to walk into the power realms.

My entire family are Catholics except myself.. And then my younger brother that I told to go to winners for sometime and see if he can find the words for his healing... He is a crazy winners, Today.

my mum called me, recently and after giving me what she thought were sound out I ask her told listen and I gave her scriptures and charge that she confess that my understanding is extraordinary.... She confessed that my words gave her insight that wasn't there and her faith welled up. She was supposed to minister to me but got it from me the way no father has eve told her.

She now wants me to talk to her all the time

If i was to ask...do you think that everyone that goes to your church each day gets the message of the pastor?
Do you think everyone goes there to listen?...so does that make his position as a pastor needless in imparting knowledge and understanding of the mystery of the kingdom

One can't tell what's in the mind of an individual. The person might just be in church just to fulfill all righteousness, dance to the drums, have fun, meet friends, get a few new digits and then head back home.

1 Peter 2:9 says..."But you are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people for God's own possession, to proclaim the virtues of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light"

From my earlier description, what if a person's encounter with God was not through the pastor himself, but through other activities in the church, or with a member...does that make God's word any different
We all are called to be priests...filled with God's abundant grace to spread His word and not just waiting for the priest in church.

Take your everyday life for instance...there are people that you take an admiration to and want to listen to what they have to say regardless, and for some others, you might not seem interested at all, hence their words fall on deaf ears. Does that make the others less smart or less knowledgeable?...it's all about perception. The same way you might choose not to listen to the teacher in class, it's either you find the lecture boring or the teacher is not delivering the way you want it...or in ways you comprehend.

You said you were amongst the best in your catechism class for first holy communion and confirmation...i've been there, and that doesn't count for much...rather it's the heart that matters regarding your destiny. People looked up to me like i was well grounded in faith, but there were others more devoted to christian life than i was back then...and even though they were not doing well in class i wished i could emulate them in their ways cz i knew they were way better than me.
I remember a faith class in a protestant church in which they brought them all to the front of the church and gave prizes to just the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. I wondered what was the aim and purpose...cz i felt it might make others feel less of themselves...plus, what if the others were better than them in the practice of God's teachings?

Regarding being a spiritual father during baptism, do you have any idea what responsibility was entrusted to you?...you add to the life of that child and make an impact in his/her destiny...i had to learn, because i also am one. Not everything revolves around us and our lives, because we were called here on earth to serve others.

As for your wife and her father...the positions in church don't matter. we wouldn't take that to heaven. Each person is responsible for their life. I have heard of protestant pastors who have children living in the world...does that make the pastor or the congregation any less?

You talked about advising your younger brother going to winners for words for his healing. i don't know if you are talking about looking for "miracles" or "God's word"...whichever it is, the catholic church provides for that also if you understand much about the church.
PS: i'm not against any church, as i also have friends and family going to winners and even other denominations, and i even get invited for programs...but still, going there doesn't change who i am..."a crazy christian" smiley

I wish i could give you numbers and you get the chance to meet and listen to other learned catholics i've met...they would give you that feeling that your mum felt...and then you come to understand their wealth of knowledge of the scriptures...and who do you think taught them??

Life is not just black and white...but there are grey areas. Each day i try to understand and learn more about myself and others also.

It was nice to hear things from your view...on this note, have a wonderful week smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 9:06am On Jan 25, 2016
driy65:
,...guy go 2 bed....tw*t
is that all u've got? yet u are here making a case for ur denomination. #smh
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 9:39am On Jan 25, 2016
chidexxy007:

is that all u've got? yet u are here making a case for ur denomination. #smh
u guys jst like givin ursef unnecesary headache...y always masturbate abt d catholic church...face ur church and leave catholics out of it....catholic church still remains d church wif the most number of worshippers(1.3billion) beta get 2 terms wif dat or jump in2 d lagoon
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 12:15pm On Jan 25, 2016
driy65:
u guys jst like givin ursef unnecesary headache...y always masturbate abt d catholic church...face ur church and leave catholics out of it....catholic church still remains d church wif the most number of worshippers(1.3billion) beta get 2 terms wif dat or jump in2 d lagoon
lol...... u sense of reasoning is sooo damn low. You are naive and myopic...where in all my post did I make mention of catholics or catholism....
some guys were talking sense here, u just run from no where begin talk trash abt charity bla bla bla...
I ask again... hw many charitable stuffs did the thief on the cross do, if u don't have an answer, pls STFU and gerraut ma road lemme see some learned ppl talk.... rubbish.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by ricsman(m): 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
wow! my thread made FP when I wasn't around.
thanks for vlady that called the mod.
the truth remains what it is. serve God in holiness.

1 Like

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Ubenedictus(m): 6:51pm On Jan 25, 2016
chidexxy007:

hw many charitable stuffs did d thief on the cross do.....
Atleast one, he was d one who defended Jesus against ridicle on d cross
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Ubenedictus(m): 6:53pm On Jan 25, 2016
chidexxy007:
I call that spiritual confusion....#nooffenceintended.
??
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Ubenedictus(m): 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
Larryfly:

Bro, I want to be a true Christian in catholic church. But the Word there is weak. I got more conscious of building a relationship with God when I visited another church, just the preaching for that day gave me a serious rethink. I came back to my catholic church and I wasnt feeling it. I really want to get close to God in catholic not just observing catholic rituals and doctrines. Christianity is way deeper than that.
D BIBLE is full of rituals and doctrine. if dat scare u mayb u should check if u want to be a xtian.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Ubenedictus(m): 7:09pm On Jan 25, 2016
Larryfly:

Doctrine. Lol. Be sincere, we the most loose christains on earth.
Speak for urself.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Nobody: 9:43pm On Jan 25, 2016
Larryfly:

Yea... I v listened to some nice priests like Fr. Dibie. Buh then the parish priests are just vague abt the Word. You leave every sunday feeling empty. CBIU is a strong group. I ll study abt them a lil. Same with charismatics. But why cant I get this spirituality from the church, why church groups?
My brother I feel like you were very poorly cathechised. Please take no offence, I don't mean this as an insult because I was also very poorly cathechised. I however learnt more about the spiritual riches of the Catholic faith through my own studies online. The Catholic faith is not about the Priest and his sermons. The Catholic faith is about celebrating the Sacrifice of Christ, celebrating the Holy Body and Blood that Christ gave for us for our salvation. Holy Mass is not Sunday school or Protestant services where Bible verses are picked randomly and explained. Mass is the supreme act of worship to God and should therefore be taken to be completely different from the Bible lectures you hear from Pastors. I'm sure you know that a Priest can even celebrate Mass alone. Therefore when we go to Mass we are fed not the Priest's sermon…but the Holy Body and Blood of the Lord. Hope this helps.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jan 25, 2016
Themandator:

You are still saying the same thing : without the after mass programs and society, it is difficult to find spiritual fulfilment, within the Catholic Church.

My summary : As a Catholic, majority are stock at the level of children of God.. And are perpetually under the elements of this world because the homilies rarely points you to sonship.
It is difficult to find spiritual fulfillment in the Catholic Church? This is surprising considering the spiritual richness found in the Catholic Church. From the Liturgy of the Hours, the litanies, the devotions to the Blessed Virgin Mary, Benediction, Adoration, the prayers of the Saints, the liturgical seasons, the feast days etc. You can't find this anywhere else except in the Orthodox Churches.

2 Likes

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 11:07pm On Jan 25, 2016
chidexxy007:

lol...... u sense of reasoning is sooo damn low. You are naive and myopic...where in all my post did I make mention of catholics or catholism....
some guys were talking sense here, u just run from no where begin talk trash abt charity bla bla bla...
I ask again... hw many charitable stuffs did the thief on the cross do, if u don't have an answer, pls STFU and gerraut ma road lemme see some learned ppl talk.... rubbish.
y did u qoute mi @1st?? u jst a senile tw*t....i knw peepz lyk u...pls dnt quote mi again...fustrated being....if na insult u want m.ready 4 u..silly lowlyf
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 11:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
chidexxy007:

y did u qoute mi @1st?? u jst a senile tw*t....i knw peepz lyk u...pls dnt quote mi again...fustrated being....if na insult u want m.ready 4 u..silly.u feel u can jst run ur dirty gutter u call a mouth....brainwashed pastor worshipper...tyoical african...if u qoute mi again u go die
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 11:43pm On Jan 25, 2016
driy65:
y did u qoute mi @1st?? u jst a senile tw*t....i knw peepz lyk u...pls dnt quote mi again...fustrated being....if na insult u want m.ready 4 u..silly.u feel u can jst run ur dirty gutter u call a mouth....brainwashed pastor worshipper...tyoical african...if u qoute mi again u go die
only u 2reply 4 one post. Na so d tin pain u reach?
any need for the cussing or is it what ur parish priest teaches u guys?thought we are here to share and learn.
Sorry, I can't stoop sooooo low bro and work on your spelling... Enjoy.
Oh, stop quoting me too.
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 12:03am On Jan 26, 2016
chidexxy007:

only u 2reply 4 one post. Na so d tin pain u reach?
any need for the cussing or is it what ur parish priest teaches u guys?thought we are here to share and learn.
Sorry, I can't stoop sooooo low bro and work on your spelling... Enjoy.
Oh, stop quoting me too.
lolzzz.....guy u jst a product of a dysfunctional society....condom 4 prevent dis nuissance 4rm cumin 2 disturb d peace of d society...go suck ur mama breast..cox u still reasonin lyk a foetus

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 12:22am On Jan 26, 2016
driy65:
lolzzz.....guy u jst a product of a dysfunctional society....condom 4 prevent dis nuissance 4rm cumin 2 disturb d peace of d society...go suck ur mama breast..cox u still reasonin lyk a foetus
Your parents must be very proud of you..

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 12:25am On Jan 26, 2016
chidexxy007:

Your parents must be very proud of you..
guy go submit ursef 4 lab.....cos u nt even beta dan lab rats...make dem kuku use u 4 experiment since u've decided 2 become a nuissance in d society...product of a leakin condom
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 12:40am On Jan 26, 2016
driy65:
guy go submit ursef 4 lab.....cos u nt even beta dan lab rats...make dem kuku use u 4 experiment since u've decided 2 become a nuissance in d society...product of a leakin condom
driy65:
driy65:
Is that all you've got? common make ur parents proud..

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 12:47am On Jan 26, 2016
chidexxy007:

Is that all i av got? common make my parents proud..
fixed

Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by chidexxy007(m): 1:05am On Jan 26, 2016
driy65:
fixed
did u run outta what to say?
should av continued as I was beginning to njoy the show of shame u were bringing on ur home...
.... truly many are mad but few are roaming.
#nonsense
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by driy65(m): 1:12am On Jan 26, 2016
chidexxy007:

did u run outta what to say?
should av continued as I was beginning to njoy the show of shame u were bringing on ur home...
.... truly many are mad but few are roaming.
#nonsense
see dis fool...u jst a waste of space...go play eif ur dog...cos u nt even beta dan dem...ewu gambia...ekpa...mad he-goat...i ready 4 u...u quoted mi 1st...u neva chim chum i go deal wif u...u beta jst die nw cox wen i finish wif u...na otapiapia u go drink..product of a broken home...i pity ur parents thy feel dey av a child...a teddy is even beta dan u...NUISSANCE
Re: Are You Comfortable In Your Place Of Worship?Read this photo inside by udmydearest(f): 7:26am On Jan 26, 2016
charsola:

Are u encouraging him to take a walk to damnation? Not a nice advise dough but let me ask, can one walk out of truth in search of lies?
what truth are you talking about my frnd?? Truth frm catholic?? Hmmmmmmmm... I've got nothing to say 2u..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerians Call For Arrest, Investigation Of Proff Ex Over Apostle Suleiman / How Reno Omokri Convinced Daddy Freeze To Apologise To Bishop Oyedepo / Reno Omokri Visits Israel, Shares Picture Of Jesus’ Foster Father’s House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.