Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,154 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:57 AM

How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device (1680 Views)

7 Best Ways To Speed Up And Improve The Performance Of Any Android Smartphone / 4 Ways To Improve Your Mobile Phone Connection / Is Battery Life The Only Spec That Matters? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device by killzone(m): 2:02am On Jan 20, 2016
There’s nothing as important on a phone on a phone as battery. Without it, our smartphones are completely useless. These days some smartphones can’t even make it a day without charging which is really annoying. This may not be a problem if you are using am Android phone with excellent battery life. but many people are often left with a dead battery, wondering how they can extend battery life on their phone.

Here are ways you can improve battery life on your android device :
-learn about your smartphone special tricks
The first thing you should do is check to see if your phone has its own special tricks. Some manufacturers include features to improve battery life. For example on infinix phones we have power saving and ultra power saving mode. Ultra power saving mode will reduce performance, turn down the screen brightness, disable background apps, and put the home screen into black-and-white.

We have similar modes like that on Samsung phones and HTC.

2.Adjust Screen Brightness Manually
Most Android device come with the ability Android device. Most choose ‘auto’ but this can have a negative impact on battery life. This is because the ‘auto’ settings makes the screen brigter than it needs to be and since the screen is one of the major things that suck battery. If you want to maximize your battery, you have to adjust the brightness manually.

3.Make the screen turn off quicker
Check your battery settings you will see the display is the first thing that appears to be using your battery. Why not limit the amount of time your screen is on? Go to the Display settings on your phone and look for “Screen Timeout” or “Sleep.” This setting controls how long the display stays on after your last touch. On most devices the default is 1 minute, but you can reduce that to 30 (or even 15) seconds to save precious screen-on time.

4.Turn Off Things You Aren’t Using
This has been said times without number. If you are not using anything on your phone turn it off. Things like Bluetooth and WiFi can have a huge impact on battery life. If you’re not using them, you should turn them off.

5.Use Airplane Mode Without The Airplane
You don’t have to be on an airplane to use airplane mode. As I said above disabling services is a huge battery saver. Airplane mode can also be a huge battery saver when you’re in a movie theater, taking a nap, or trying to Netflix and Chill.

6.Disable auto-syncing for accounts that don’t need it
Auto syncing is a slow killer of battery especially if you use Google Apps, you’ll accumulate a lengthy list of services that sync in the background. You might not want some of these services to be syncing in the background, but it’s not easy to know which ones are doing it. Disabling Auto Sync of apps tends to save battery.

Here’s how to disable auto sync
-head to Settings
-then check for accounts.
-select an app to see what sync(Google is a big one)
-Under Google you will find a huge list of apps.
-disable all of the apps you don’t use.

7.Install A Battery Maximizing App.
I know most of you guys already have DU battery saver on your android device for you to save your battery. But what if I told you there’s a better app.

Presenting greenify, one of the best battery saving app. It helps you identify and put misbehaving apps into hibernation when you’re not using them, to stop them from lagging your device and leeching the battery.

8.Enable Battery Saver Mode
Android 5.0 comes with some nice features. One of them is the battery moder mode, am sure infinix hot 2 users are already using this feature.
Battery Saver isn’t quite as hardcore as the “extreme” methods listed above. It will still limit performance, dim the display, and kill background apps, but the phone is much more usable. Battery Saver can also be set to automatically turn on when you reach a certain battery percentage.

To activate this mode, here’s how
-Go to Settings > Battery
Tap the three-dot menu icon in the top right
-Select Battery saverYou can turn it on manually, or select
–Turn on automaticallyChoose your desired time.

9.Use A portable Charger when you have nowhere to charge.
Portable charges aka ‘power banks’ could be a huge battery saver. Mine is because where I am the light condition is really horrible. Power banks are really handy in situations where you aren’t able to charge your phone. They come in various battery capacities.

10. In addition you could get battery pack and cases.
If you have a phone within removable battery, why not carry along an extra battery or another great way to extend battery life is a battery case. These cases have batteries built in, which can recharge your phone at a moments notice. You can find a battery case for most popular flagship phones.

Source :http://www.naijakick.com/how-to-improve-battery-life-on-your-android-device/

Re: How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device by m1500: 8:03am On Jan 20, 2016
Very good, thanks a lot!!
Re: How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device by Nobody: 8:51am On Jan 20, 2016
Thanks Op for the info. but pls I was usin battery doctor before buh uninstalled it after downloading greeify 2.8. But I don't knw how to set it up and need help with the set up. thanks
Re: How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device by killzone(m): 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2016
jideniceguy:
Thanks Op for the info. but pls I was usin battery doctor before buh uninstalled it after downloading greeify 2.8. But I don't knw how to set it up and need help with the set up. thanks
first open the greenify app then press greenify, now select the apps you want the greenify app to observe when your phone goes off. And that's all
Re: How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device by Xhaka(m): 6:46pm On Jan 20, 2016
Had to uninstall DU battery saver on my c8, i don't like it sad
Re: How To Improve Battery Life On Your Android Device by Flamzyd: 2:17pm On Jan 19, 2017
wooow this is the best topic so far........ i thought my ba3 can not stay up long untill i tried what u said... now i use my ba3 up to 1 day... great cause i dont believe it actually works cause i saw something of ba3 Saving on this site http://lookapk.com/how-to-save-battery-life-on-your-android-device
buh i thought thier is never a way to save ba3s or they doing it for posting sake or for traffic... untill i saw this your post and decided to give it a try... and it worked..... very nice brother keep it up.....

(1) (Reply)

MTN New Tariff Plan: Start Pack / The New Itel Selfie -series S31 : A True Selfie Efficacy / Phones At Craybid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.