Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,358 members, 7,860,950 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 07:43 PM

Who Created - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Created (933 Views)

Who Created God? - An Invalid Question / How Did Demons Come Into Existence? Who Created Them? / If God Created Everything, Who Created God? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Created by Nobody: 6:58am On Jan 20, 2016
Ath
Re: Who Created by brosasamy(m): 7:32am On Jan 20, 2016
Man created god in his own image. But the creator soon bcame the creature. Without man there will no god.
Re: Who Created by orisa37: 7:58am On Jan 20, 2016
Lest you are guilty of incitement and sedition against the Kingdom of God, don't worry about who created The Spirit God. Insane people, criminally intent and disorganised politicians do that. Worry about how you elected Mr. President and whether he is doing what you elected him to do.
Re: Who Created by donnffd(m): 9:16am On Jan 20, 2016
donbabajay:
Atheist, com over let's have a rational discussion. Post your argument and i'll prove without a doubt to you that there a GOD!

Are you sure the discussion is going to be rational?, can you proof the christian God exists without quoting one single passage from the bible?
Re: Who Created by Nobody: 9:40am On Jan 20, 2016
donnffd:

Are you sure the discussion is going to be rational?, can you proof the christian God exists without quoting one single passage from the bible?

Let me start from this : CAUSE

This principle of causation is so fundamental that if I said that the chair you are sitting on, which must have had a beginning, just popped into existence without any cause, you might justifiably think I need a psychiatric assessment!

Today’s atheists, who like to use words like ‘rational’, ‘reasonable’ and ‘scientific’ in describing their beliefs, believe that the greatest beginning of all—that of the universe—had no cause whatsoever!

The cause of the universe must have been non-material because if the cause was material / natural, it would be subject to the same laws of decay as the universe. That means it would have to have had a beginning itself and you have the same problem as cycles of births and deaths of universes. So the cause of the universe’s beginning must have been super-natural, i.e. non-material or spirit—a cause outside of space-matter-time. Such a cause would not be subject to the law of decay and so would not have a beginning. That is, the cause had to be eternal spirit.
Re: Who Created by donnffd(m): 9:56am On Jan 20, 2016
donbabajay:

This principle of causation is so fundamental that if I said that the chair you are sitting on, which must have had a beginning, just popped into existence without any cause, you might justifiably think I need a psychiatric assessment!

Today’s atheists, who like to use words like ‘rational’, ‘reasonable’ and ‘scientific’ in describing their beliefs, believe that the greatest beginning of all—that of the universe—had no cause whatsoever!

The cause of the universe must have been non-material because if the cause was material / natural, it would be subject to the same laws of decay as the universe. That means it would have to have had a beginning itself and you have the same problem as cycles of births and deaths of universes. So the cause of the universe’s beginning must have been super-natural, i.e. non-material or spirit—a cause outside of space-matter-time. Such a cause would not be subject to the law of decay and so would not have a beginning. That is, the cause had to be eternal spirit.

First off, you contradict yourself, if everything has a cause, then the first cause also had to have cause making the first cause an infinite regression. Right now, we are in the scientific age and we have come a long way from wondering what the stars mean, Today Physicists have been able to trace time back to the beginning of the Universe up to the planck time (which is 10^-43 seconds), and from all indicatations and inferences, the universe came from nothing, we live in a universe that has all the signs of coming from nothing, if you want a universe that can come from nothing, you are living in one, Really Smart people have worked on these problems and a majority of them comes to this conclusion.

Now you might go and say, what, thats nonsense, how can a universe come from nothing, how can something come from nothing, its in impossible, i urge to revise your thinking, you know why, over a 100 years ago, the popular thinking was that time was static, ever marching forward into the future, unchanged and the same for everyone, We now know that to be wrong, time can be warped, stretched and squeeze, it can run slowly given the right conditions but this are concepts our puny human brains cant comprehend well, why, because we dont encounter this on a regular basis, we cant impose what we feels right or sensible on the universe, who gives us the right?, we can only sit back and let the universe dictates to us what is sensible and what is not...
Re: Who Created by Nobody: 10:11am On Jan 20, 2016
its just hard to believe that one old man beneath the sky created me out of boredom for his pleasure and if i do not meet up with his expectations, he will punish me by sending me into hellfire.

2 Likes

Re: Who Created by Richirich713: 10:51am On Jan 20, 2016
Asking who created God is like asking "what caused a uncaused thing?"
Re: Who Created by Niflheim(m): 12:26am On Feb 03, 2016
1.There is no such thing as a god!!!
2. To attach attributes to a non-existent entity(uncaused cause), is a sign of mental illness!!!
Re: Who Created by unphilaz(m): 4:11am On Feb 03, 2016
There is no programmer so said the objects in the virtual world!
The objects ask "who created the programmer?"
Re: Who Created by Nobody: 5:27am On Feb 03, 2016
Re: Who Created by Ganjafama(m): 6:20am On Feb 03, 2016
brosasamy:
Without man there will be no god.
This statement is food for thought. Surely, without man god cannot flex his muscles and demand worship.
Re: Who Created by Niflheim(m): 11:44pm On Feb 04, 2016
@avoidhellfire, nobody splitted any Red Sea!!! Older translations speak of "The Sea of Reeds", which is a different place altogether!!!

@donbabajay, do you know the meaning of "Non material"? It is the same as "not existing in nature"!!! The meaning of "Supernatural" means something that does not exist in the natural word!!! And anything that does not exist in the Natural world, must therefore exist in the mind of LUNATICS!!! This is why people see and hear god in their heads!!!
Re: Who Created by Nobody: 1:27am On Feb 05, 2016
Re: Who Created by Kay17: 6:35am On Feb 05, 2016
What is the underlying cause for the need for human beings to worship Gods? Regardless of where you go, you'd find humans bowing before Gods and explaining his existence as a metaphysical phenomenon.

Supposing this was a psychological disposition. That humans naturally communicate with Nature anthropomorphically. So rather than search for God outside, we should search for him inside ourselves.
Re: Who Created by oluwalfa: 7:04am On Feb 05, 2016
donbabajay:

You just proved the existence of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, not the xtian god
Re: Who Created by oluwalfa: 7:05am On Feb 05, 2016
Baddchristy:
its just hard to believe that one old man beneath the sky created me out of boredom for his pleasure and if i do not meet up with his expectations, he will punish me by sending me into hellfire.

Do you think your mom was foolish for believing it then?
Re: Who Created by oluwalfa: 7:06am On Feb 05, 2016
unphilaz:
There is no programmer so said the objects in the virtual world!
The objects ask "who created the programmer?"

Maybe the programmer programmed itself, who knows?
Re: Who Created by oluwalfa: 7:09am On Feb 05, 2016
Avoidhellfire:
who made the red sea to split? who raised the dead? who healed the lame? it was Jesus Christ and the God. the best ting for you to do is to wait till you die, when you die and you are in a very hot place where there is fire then you will know that Jesus Christ is lord.
Trust and obey, for there is no other way to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.

I don't want to be happy in jesus. I'm not gay

(1) (Reply)

'bro. Joshua Iginla’s City Of Wonders Is Too Huge' - Gov. Ambode's SSA Admits / Picture / New Islamic Fatwa: “father’s Allowed To Lust After His Daughter If She’s Over 9”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.