Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,718 members, 7,816,956 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:12 PM

Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! (1711 Views)

Police Storm Celestial Church Of Christ In New York As Members Fight (Pics, Vide / The Mystery And The Power Of Our Faith In God, Jesus Christ And The Holy Spirit / Ugandan Man Claiming To Be Jesus Christ, And His Nine Followers Arrested (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 9:39am On Jan 20, 2016
It's a known and accepted fact that Mary is the mother of the Christ...but It is always disputed whether she should be honored or not.

Revelations 12 is a chapter dedicated to Mary and tells how the dragon tried to destroy her and the child she brought forth. God protected her and so did the earth. If God felt the need to protect her and the earth on which we exist also protected her and because of her offspring, a war broke out in Heaven...please!!! make me understand why y'all don't want us to honor her!

She is the mother of the Christ...the mother of the word which was with God and which is God and through Him all things were made. (John 1:1)... She is the mother of the church as authorized by Jesus before His passing (John 19:26-27)... She deserves to be Honored!!!

1 Like

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by eme1n(m): 9:50am On Jan 20, 2016
Glory to Jesus and Honour to our Mother Mary. Mother Mary must be held in high esteem and honour always, mortal men do not understand this. For eg, If people want something big or a contract from a politician they would send gifts and treasures to their wives and Mothers. So why not hold Mother Mary in that regard? #JustSaying

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Amberon: 9:15pm On Jan 20, 2016
The ways of God are not the ways of men! If God wanted us to honor Mary, he could've said so.

No one is stopping you from honoring and praying to her but the Lord our God is a jealous God and will not share his glory with anyone, not even his mother, Mary.

2 Likes

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by analice107: 12:01am On Jan 21, 2016
We should honour her by dishonouring God's injunction that commands us not to make Any image or bow to them right?
How exactly did Jesus and the early Apostles honour this your Mary?
My dear, that woman you call Mary, is not the mother of Jesus Christ. The mother of Jesus was never worshipped by anyone until Catholic Church of She is Pre-Madona, the Queen of heaven, a demon. Pls repent from Idol worship.
Catholicism is a perversion of true Christianity.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by btoks: 4:52am On Jan 21, 2016
analice107:
We should honour her by dishonouring God's injunction that commands us not to make Any image or bow to them right?
My dear, that woman you call Mary, is not the mother of Jesus Christ. The mother of Jesus was never worshipped by anyone until Catholic Church of She is Pre-Madona, the Queen of heaven, a demon. Pls repent from Idol worship.
Please let us know where true Christianity can be found.is it in the church you attend?
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by analice107: 8:30am On Jan 21, 2016
btoks:
Please let us know where true Christianity can be found.is it in the church you attend?
Did I mention my church? I said God's injunctions and you find that in the Bible. True Christianity is following the Bible instructs, not what Roman Catholic preaches. Stop the idolatry, time is short.

3 Likes

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Amberon: 10:02am On Jan 21, 2016
catholicism is religion. True Christianity is a relationship. Your church cannot take you to heaven, or exempt you from wrath. Like a user rightly said, Jesus never worshipped nor honored Mary, so why should we? No biblical apostle, prophet, disciple, honored or worshipped or bow at her image, so why should we?

Repent and be delivered from this idolatry.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by btoks: 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2016
analice107:

Did I mention my church? I said God's injunctions and you find that in the Bible. True Christianity is following the Bible instructs, not what Roman Catholic preaches. Stop the idolatry, time is short.
And what does the bible instruct?
Also,how do we know we have to follow the 4 gospels, for example?
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2016
analice107:

You gave birth to Jesus abi? Oya na...since she isn't important, I guess mothers aren't important either. You should go home and slap your mother since she's not important enough to be respected. Talk with some wisdom.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2016
Amberon:
catholicism is religion. True Christianity is a relationship. Your church cannot take you to heaven, or exempt you from wrath. Like a user rightly said, Jesus never worshipped nor honored Mary, so why should we? No biblical apostle, prophet, disciple, honored or worshipped or bow at her image, so why should we?

Repent and be delivered from this idolatry.

Nobody bows to the image of Mary.. nobody worships Mary. Stop consuming all the false information you've been fed.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2016
**Carries couch; grabs popcorn**

Lemme watch them bash each other gringrin
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by sonmvayina(m): 11:49pm On Jan 21, 2016
The greatest deception in human history is the identity of Lucifer ..Lucifer has never been a 'he'..meaning it was never a male spirit or being..Lucifer has always been a "she"..she rose her self to the pantheon by having a royal son, she is no other than inana in the sumerian epic, she is Ishter in the Egyptian religion, she is also aphrodite in the greek version, she is also venus in the roman religion. i guess she is Olokun in the benin version and yemoja in the yoruba version..she did some nasty things..but it was the Gods who willed it..well she is the morning star and mary in the christain version..She is planning a major chastisment of the human race..she is plaanning to kill 1/3 of the worlds population as she said in her 1913 apparitions in Fatimah in Portugal ..the Vatican knows this and they don't want to release the 3rd secret of fatimah....this is not a conspiracy theory ...it is going to happen soon..

1 Like

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 12:13am On Jan 22, 2016
sonmvayina:
The greatest deception in human history is the identity of Lucifer ..Lucifer has never been a 'he'..meaning it was never a male spirit or being..Lucifer has always been a "she"..she rose her self to the pantheon by having a royal son, she is no other than inana in the sumerian epic, she is Ishter in the Egyptian religion, she is also aphrodite in the greek version, she is also venus in the roman religion. i guess she is Olokun in the benin version and yemoja in the yoruba version..she did some nasty things..but it was the Gods who willed it..well she is the morning star and mary in the christain version..She is planning a major chastisment of the human race..she is plaanning to kill 1/3 of the worlds population as she said in her 1913 apparitions in Fatimah in Portugal ..the Vatican knows this and they don't want to release the 3rd secret of fatimah....this is not a conspiracy theory ...it is going to happen soon..

and you know all this how? you were there? vision?

Internet is my guess.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by sonmvayina(m): 12:18am On Jan 22, 2016
samted:

and you know all this how? you were there? vision?

Internet is my guess.

research...proper study
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by fammo: 1:32am On Jan 22, 2016
Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no one cometh to the Father except through, He also said come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest and peace of mind. He never said I and my mother are The way neither did he say pass through Mary before you can come to me.
Pls where in the bible did Jesus say ask Mary to pray for you, even in the model prayer i.2 The lords prayer no mention of Mary so where exactly did our catholic folks get their own doctrines from?
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by fammo: 1:34am On Jan 22, 2016
samted:
It's a known and accepted fact that Mary is the mother of the Christ...but It is always disputed whether she should be honored or not.

Revelations 12 is a chapter dedicated to Mary and tells how the dragon tried to destroy her and the child she brought forth. God protected her and so did the earth. If God felt the need to protect her and the earth on which we exist also protected her and because of her offspring, a war broke out in Heaven...please!!! make me understand why y'all don't want us to honor her!

She is the mother of the Christ...the mother of the word which was with God and which is God and through Him all things were made. (John 1:1)... She is the mother of the church as authorized by Jesus before His passing (John 19:26-27)... She deserves to be Honored!!!

Jesus said I am the way the truth and the life, no one cometh to the Father except through, He also said come unto me all ye that labour and are heavy laden and I will give you rest and peace of mind. He never said I and my mother are The way neither did he say pass through Mary before you can come to me.
Pls where in the bible did Jesus say ask Mary to pray for you, even in the model prayer i.e The lords prayer no mention of Mary so where exactly did our catholic folks get their own doctrines from?
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 5:09am On Jan 22, 2016
samted:

The woman in Revelation chapter 12 is not Mary! I doubt that u actually read the chapter thoroughly from beginning to the end before writing your post.

Rev 12:1* And there appeared a great wonder in heaven; a woman clothed with the sun, and the moon under her feet, and upon her head a crown of twelve stars:

Here the opening verse describe this woman. Please, how does Mary fit in, scripturally? what is Mary is Mary's relationship to moon, sun and stars?

Gen 37:9-10 And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me. 10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?

In the above verses from Genesis, who are the eleven stars( adding Joseph makes it twelve stars)
Also note the moon and the sun symbolism.

Can you explain from scripture how this woman is Mary. After reading the chapter( rev 12) to the end, sincerely does Mary fit in?
note that this 'woman' is still in the earth during the 3¹/2 years of Daniel's 70th week(vs 14).
Rev 12:2And she being with child cried, travailing in birth, and pained to be delivered.
Rev 12:5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

Isa 66:7-10 Before she travailed, she brought forth; before her pain came, she was delivered of a man child.
Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things? Shall the earth be made to bring forth in one day? or shall a nation be born at once? for as soon as Zion travailed, she brought forth her children. 9 Shall I bring to the birth, and not cause to bring forth? saith the LORD: shall I cause to bring forth, and shut the womb? saith thy God. 10 Rejoice ye with Jerusalem, and be glad with her, all ye that love her: rejoice for joy with her, all ye that mourn for her

here, Jerusalem is identified as a 'travailing woman' bringing forth a 'man child'. 'and her children.'

*************************************************************************************************************************
Rev 12:6And the woman fled into the wilderness, where she hath a place prepared of God, that they should feed her there a thousand two hundred and threescore days.

after the child is caught up to heaven, the woman fled into the wilderness for 3¹/2 years. this and the remaining part of the chapter describe events during Daniels 70 week, this 'woman' is still on earth! thousands of years after Mary had died.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 6:06am On Jan 22, 2016
sonmvayina:

research...proper study

Proper study of internet materials abi? Y'all just fill your heads with crappy info
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 7:02am On Jan 22, 2016
"I get sick to my stomach every time I hear some say Mary is the “Mother of God”. Mary
is not the mother of God. God does not have a mother. He was not created or
procreated. God has always existed and that includes God the Son, Jesus Christ, the 2nd
member of the Godhead. He existed as God in all eternity past (John 1:1 ). He came to
earth and along with his Deity became a Man, being born of a virgin. Mary then is the
earthly mother of the Man Jesus, no more. It is a great honor for her to be used by the
Holy Spirit in such a way, but she herself is not God-like. But when you continually
refer to her as the “Mother of God” it is a short jump to assuming she is like God, even
equal to God, which is heresy of the worst kind"........( culled. www.gty.org)

Jesus is referred to several times in scripture as the son of David. does this makes David the Father of God?

please, God does not have a mother:

Heb 7:2-3 To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace; Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

this verse tells us clearly that Melchizedek is like the son of God in that he is without father, mother or descents.
The Son of God does not have a human father or mother or ancestors. can mortal birth immortality( except of course the intention is deify Mary)?

Jesus was(is) before Abraham was:
Joh 8:58 "Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am"...... Jesus as God has no mother!
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by yommyuk: 8:32am On Jan 22, 2016
samted:

To honour? Yes. To Worship? No.

Even the Bible stated clearly that we should honour our parents. So to honour Mary, is just doing the Norm
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 10:38am On Jan 22, 2016
yommyuk:

Even the Bible stated clearly that we should honour our parents. So to honour Mary, is just doing the Norm

And some of the protestants will say Mary doesn't deserve to be honored. Always protesting.. smh
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 12:41pm On Jan 22, 2016
yommyuk:

"Let all the children of the Catholic Church, who are so very dear to us, hear these words of ours. With a
still more ardent zeal for piety, religion and love, let them continue to venerate, invoke and pray to the
most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, conceived without original sin. Let them fly with utter confidence
to this most sweet Mother of mercy and grace in all dangers, difficulties, needs, doubts and fears. Under
her guidance, under her patronage, under her kindness and protection, nothing is to be feared; nothing is
hopeless. Because, while bearing toward us a truly motherly affection and having in her care the work of
our salvation, she is solicitous about the whole human race. And since she has been appointed by God to
be the Queen of heaven and earth, and is exalted above all the choirs of angels and saints, and even
stands at the right hand of her only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, she presents our petitions in a
most efficacious manner. What she asks, she obtains. Her pleas can never be unheard" pope Pius ix.

you do not pray to your mother, do you?
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by yommyuk: 1:03pm On Jan 22, 2016
accountable01:

"Let all the children of the Catholic Church, who are so very dear to us, hear these words of ours. With a
still more ardent zeal for piety, religion and love, let them continue to venerate, invoke and pray to the
most Blessed Virgin Mary, Mother of God, conceived without original sin. Let them fly with utter confidence
to this most sweet Mother of mercy and grace in all dangers, difficulties, needs, doubts and fears. Under
her guidance, under her patronage, under her kindness and protection, nothing is to be feared; nothing is
hopeless. Because, while bearing toward us a truly motherly affection and having in her care the work of
our salvation, she is solicitous about the whole human race. And since she has been appointed by God to
be the Queen of heaven and earth, and is exalted above all the choirs of angels and saints, and even
stands at the right hand of her only-begotten Son, Jesus Christ our Lord, she presents our petitions in a
most efficacious manner. What she asks, she obtains. Her pleas can never be unheard" pope Pius ix.

you do not pray to your mother, do you
?

Obviously not! But I do know that our departed parents spirit does protect us in some circumstances.

I do not belittle the task given to Mary to carried the son of God for 9 months. But I Will implore u to do your biblical research, and u will find out that Jesus Christ did not say we should worship his early mum. Only God and his son are worthy of worship.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jan 22, 2016
yommyuk:

Obviously not! But I do know that our departed parents spirit does protect us in some circumstances.
Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

if after death, your enemy's parents were judged and sent to hell, I doubt that they will be a blue to protect him from hell.
but if your parents were judged and are in heaven, how will they protect you on earth? would they take a casual leave?
this reasoning is carried over from paganism and idolatry. it is not mentioned any where in scripture not the slightest allusion to it.
yommyuk:

I do not belittle the task given to Mary to carried the son of God for 9 months. But I Will implore u to do your biblical research, and u will find out that Jesus Christ did not say we should worship his early mum. Only God and his son are worthy of worship.
well said. mothers are wonderful.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by yommyuk: 4:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
accountable01:

Heb 9:27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

if after death, your enemy's parents were judged and sent to hell, I doubt that they will be a blue to protect him from hell.
but if your parents were judged and are in heaven, how will they protect you on earth? would they take a casual leave?
this reasoning is carried over from paganism and idolatry. it is not mentioned any where in scripture not the slightest allusion to it.

well said. mothers are wonderful.

The bold above is another topic bro

The God of Israel is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God of the living, and not the dead. After the 1st death, the relationship with God continues. There are spiritual things hidden in the bible that only the SPIRIT OF GOD can reveal. We do not read the bible from a "Theoretical Perspective". There is a gap between Rhema and Logos. Both refer to the same thing (THE WORD), but are on different spiritual levels.

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Why do u think some Christian denominations light candles on their altar while others don't. wink
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 5:47pm On Jan 22, 2016
yommyuk:

The bold above is another topic bro

The God of Israel is the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob. God of the living, and not the dead. After the 1st death, the relationship with God continues. There are spiritual things hidden in the bible that only the SPIRIT OF GOD can reveal. We do not read the bible from a "Theoretical Perspective". There is a gap between Rhema and Logos. Both refer to the same thing (THE WORD), but are on different spiritual levels.

Proverbs 20:27
The spirit of man is the candle of the LORD, searching all the inward parts of the belly.

Why do u think some Christian denominations light candles on their altar while others don't. wink

you are speaking parables. make a categorical statement please. what exactly are you saying?

I said that the spirit of your dead parents or ancestors cannot protect you. such beliefs are rampant in paganism not in Christianity.
Ecc 9:4-5 For to him that is joined to all the living there is hope: for a living dog is better than a dead lion. For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing, neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Jan 22, 2016
SirWere:

we'll disappoint u.
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 22, 2016
samted:

Nobody bows to the image of Mary.. nobody worships Mary. Stop consuming all the false information you've been fed.

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 7:12pm On Jan 22, 2016
accountable01:
we'll disappoint u.
As of recent, you have not
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 22, 2016
accountable01:

I don't see anybody bowing. The Priest is reading at the pulpit. His head should be bowed cos he has to look down at what he's reading from. What is the point of this picture?
Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 22, 2016
samted:

I don't see anybody bowing. The Priest is reading at the pulpit. His head should be bowed cos he has to look down at what he's reading from. What is the point of this picture?

it's pope john Paul. he is not just bowing but also bending his knees.

Re: Mary Is The Mother Of Christ And Should Be Honored! by analice107: 8:39pm On Jan 22, 2016
SirWere:

Your life most be very boring. You have no where to hintch on. Wow.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Www.tgrmworldwide.org / How To Know A Fake Pastor / Daddy Freeze Replies Leke Adeboye Over Shade

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.