Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,475 members, 7,830,390 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:51 PM

Judgment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judgment (547 Views)

An Atheist On Judgment Day / God Will Soon Pass His Judgment On Corrupt Nigerians – Mrs Foluke Adeboye / What Would Happen To Cremated People On Judgment day? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judgment by PastorOluT(m): 11:12am On Jan 20, 2016
GOD’S JUDGMENT

Everyone will be judged by God. Every man and woman who has ever lived on the earth will stand before Him one day. All unbelievers will appear before what is known as the “great white throne” (Rev 20:11). There all those who have hated and rejected Christ will be thrown into the lake of fire (Rev 20:15). Yet, 1,000 years before this event, God’s own children will also be judged. They will stand before the “judgment seat of Christ” (II Cor 5:10).

Here, those whose deeds are good will be blessed, but those whose deeds were evil will be punished. (Biblically, the word “reward” does not mean only good things, but indicates that we will get what we justly deserve (See II Tim 4:14)).

However, let us be very, very clear about one thing. This punishment of God’s disobedient sons and daughters is not the same as the judgment of unbelievers. No believer will ever be lost. None of them will be eternally tormented. They will not be “thrown into the lake of fire.”

Please think with me through the following train of logic. If we are forgiven for our sins, then they will not and cannot be judged because our judgment has fallen on “Another”. But if we are still walking in sin, that is we are still unconverted, unrepentant and therefore unforgiven, we must certainly be judged for these sins. God would be unjust not to judge unforgiven sin.

If we have failed to meet Jesus’ criteria for forgiveness, the only alternative is that we will be judged and therefore receive the punishment we deserve. This is true for believers as well as unbelievers; it is just that the punishment is different.

If we as believers are not “walking in the light” and therefore not living daily in repentance and forgiveness, then we have something very terrible to look forward to. Hebrews 10:26-27 reads: “For if we sin wilfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a fearful expectation of judgment and fiery indignation.“

You see, the sacrifice of Jesus is only for those who have repented of their sins and therefore received forgiveness. The “we” mentioned here can only refer to believers, since unbelievers have clearly not “received” the truth.

The most severe punishment for believers according to the judgment at “The Judgment Seat of Christ” is that the untransformed soul life of believers will be consumed and therefore lost before the presence of God Almighty. This destruction of the soul is the direct result of not living in repentance and therefore not receiving the forgiveness and cleansing we so desperately need.

What is not forgiven will be judged and punished. What has been forgiven will already have been cleansed and transformed.
Whoever abuses the grace of God to live only for themselves and then hopes that His blood will cover them for doing this will be surprised before His judgment seat. The “age of grace” will then be over. The opportunity for repentance and forgiveness is then past. There, the throne of grace will be replaced by the throne of judgment. There we will answer for what we did with the grace and forgiveness which was available to us.

We read: “Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace? For we know him who said, ‘Vengeance is mine; I will repay says the Lord.’ And again, ‘The Lord will judge his people.’ It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God”
Hebrews 10:29-31.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Judgment by Oluwason(m): 9:20am On Mar 01, 2016
For every secret of man shall be brought to light on that day.
Re: Judgment by scaler345: 9:28am On Mar 01, 2016
OP, I read through your post but seriously I don't seem to grab your point.
Are these your opinions or a general rule?

1 Like

Re: Judgment by PastorOluT(m): 10:26am On Apr 09, 2016
scaler345:
OP, I read through your post but seriously I don't seem to grab your point.
Are these your opinions or a general rule?

U don't seem to grab my point? Ok that's no problem bt the point from the scriptures are clear enough that there will be a just recompense for every actions.

(1) (Reply)

Poor In Spirit / Spiritual Digest For The Day 5th Of February 2016 / Pastor Adeboye And Wife Visit Health Clinic To Pray For Patients (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.