Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,550 members, 7,823,425 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Learn To Protect Your Child (please Do Not Ignore) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Learn To Protect Your Child (please Do Not Ignore) (516 Views)

Should We Really Ignore Dysfunctional Families? / 7 Ways To Protect Your Child From Sexual Abuse / How To Protect Your Husband From Small Small Girls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Learn To Protect Your Child (please Do Not Ignore) by veeluv2015(f): 12:07pm On Jan 20, 2016
I saw this online and couldn't help but share. There's a whole lot of sense in it so please read carefully:

1. Never get too comfortable with support staff. No matter how loving they seem they are paid to do their jobs and you can never fully vouch for them.

2. Spot checks never run out of style. Change your schedule sporadically. Show up when they least expect.

3. Train your kids to speak up. Let them know forbidden areas. No girl over the age of 5yrs should linger on any mans laps or in any random hug/embrace. Teach them to scream if they are unsure or feel unsafe.

4. Audit your kids friends and their homes. Be cautious where there are siblings of older ages who may expose your kid to verbal or visual content that you do not approve of.

5. Watch tv with your kids. Let them know what shows you approve of and why. Not all Disney/Nickelodeon shows are appropriate. Most are very suggestive these days.

6. Pray with your kids. Teach them to pray. Be a good example. They observe everything we do and emulate when we are not there.

7. Let your kids have their own values they form themselves e.g I have a mind of my own. Such values prevent peer pressure. A kid who knows their identity won't be confused when making decisions.

8. Talk talk talk talk talk. Spend quality time with them. I always ask parents.. "Who are you working for? Isn't it the kids" so it makes no sense to ignore them and slowly watch them become the opposite of what you had dreamed. No parent wants to raise a juvenile delinquent but it happens.. Sometimes even before our eyes when we chose to turn a blind eye on pertinent issues.

9. Talk about social media. This one requires the Holy Spirit because even adults come here acting foolish so what do we say about kids... ‪#‎selah‬. Be firm. We all say "my kid can't do that".. So I ask "whose kid is doing it?" Don't let your kid think they can get away with anything.

10. Your child is your legacy. Don't be so busy building a fortune that you forget to build your home. Lest strangers inherit the fortune you fought so hard for.

There's more where this came from. Love you guys.. God keep our kids ‪#‎LamiTalks‬ ©™

#‎StolenFrom‬ LamiPhillips

3 Likes

Re: Learn To Protect Your Child (please Do Not Ignore) by nickishire: 12:22pm On Jan 20, 2016
Very good points.. May God help us to train our kids.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Authoritative Parenting Style Is The Best. / Star Beings- Who Are They? / A Man Who Values His Social Life Than His Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.