Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,620 members, 7,770,651 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 12:32 PM

Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum - Jobs/Vacancies (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum (1336281 Views)

A Nairalander’s Experience At The Army Ssc Course 44 Screening Exercise In Nda, / Army SSC/DSSC 2016 Interview List Is Out / Nigerian Airforce DSSC 2016 Recruitment Out! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (963) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by oneluvs: 8:58pm On Apr 21, 2016
Please am in need of past questions for Nigeria army My mail is:oneluvsegun@gmail.com
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by AbuAbdullah21: 10:32pm On Apr 21, 2016
Hi guys i filled the registration form. i was sent the username and password. i have been trying to log in to continue the registration i am been told that incorrect username and password. please what could be the issue. tanks

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:27pm On Apr 21, 2016
if you are sure, the password sent to your email, is not working.
click on forgot password link below. Your password will be sent to your email.
be sure your email is correct @Abulahi
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ify2016: 4:29am On Apr 22, 2016
AbuAbdullah21:
Hi guys i filled the registration form. i was sent the username and password. i have been trying to log in to continue the registration i am been told that incorrect username and password. please what could be the issue. tanks

Change the first alphabet in your yahoo ID from small letter to a capital one. I experienced the same but later did so.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by lurvy: 5:03am On Apr 22, 2016
Hello guys,

Please for the DSSC application, if someone states that he/she is married, does this affect/ disqualify ones chances? I read the criteria and instruction on the portal but didn't see anything against being married... please any useful info will be appreciated....
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by AbuAbdullah21: 11:38am On Apr 22, 2016
AlekeRomeo:
if you are sure, the password sent to your email, is not working.

click on forgot password link below. Your password will be sent to your email.

be sure your email is correct @Abulahi i have tried it. its returning me to home page of Nigeria army
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by AbuAbdullah21: 11:40am On Apr 22, 2016
ify2016:

Change the first alphabet in your yahoo ID from small letter to a capital one. I experienced the same but later did so.

i have done that still oh
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by ify2016: 1:07pm On Apr 22, 2016
AbuAbdullah21:

i have done that still oh

Mine was like thus: Username: my email address, PSWD: DARR and 12 digit phone number. Replace all your O alphabet with 0 number .

It might just be minor error
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by kunlesulaimon63: 1:43pm On Apr 22, 2016
AbuAbdullah21:

Dude, ur username is just ur email address, don't include the "is" that precedes it on the password display page. N remember the password is case sensitive.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 4:00pm On Apr 24, 2016
Nice
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by petersos(m): 6:27pm On Apr 24, 2016
Am still a serving copa but I will be through by October pls everyone, can I apply now or I will need to upload my NYSC certificate
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:04pm On Apr 24, 2016
petersos:
Am still a serving copa but I will be through by October pls everyone, can I apply now or I will need to upload my NYSC certificate
just chill small bro , you are required to upload discharge certificate.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by kingjonez: 10:33pm On Apr 24, 2016
Guys, I registered on the Portal & I'm yet to receive any mail containing my username and password details for 4/5days.
Do you think I should still wait or I should re-register ? I'm scared of registering again tho cos it says there that one should do I only once.
Pls,what should I do?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by seun407: 2:16am On Apr 25, 2016
Pls am having problem uploading my documents. Its saying file type not allowed. Am using jpg format as required
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sunnysteve009(m): 7:55am On Apr 25, 2016
@ Abuabdullahi21, remove 'is' from ur username and use only ur gmail or yahoo id dat you used to registered it will go throgh and use ur password the way it is. I expirienced same issue while registering.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Sunnysteve009(m): 8:03am On Apr 25, 2016
@kingjonez check ur spam in ur email that is where they use to send it, is already there because it dose not take up to 1 munutes after u registered
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 8:26am On Apr 25, 2016
kingjonez:
Guys, I registered on the Portal & I'm yet to receive any mail containing my username and password details for 4/5days.
Do you think I should still wait or I should re-register ? I'm scared of registering again tho cos it says there that one should do I only once.
Pls,what should I do?

check your spam box

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Davexx(m): 12:10pm On Apr 26, 2016
I had same issues with my yahoomail, pls check your spam folder, I eventually used my second mail (gmail), initially I didn't recive the login details but when I checked my spam folder, it was there. Bottom line is, I was able to login and apply. NOTE! Your user name is your email address
kingjonez:
Pls,what should I do?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Davexx(m): 12:18pm On Apr 26, 2016
Congrats to those who sucessfully applied, if you are done, you will notice that unlike the navy and airforce application where we selected our prefered test centers and where one can choose a center close to his/her residence, NA didn't have that option now the big question is, how them wan take do am? Cuz e no go funny oo

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nafizzey(m): 2:51pm On Apr 26, 2016
Davexx:
Congrats to those who sucessfully applied, if you are done, you will notice that unlike the navy and airforce application where we selected our prefered test centers and where one can choose a center close to his/her residence, NA didn't have that option now the big question is, how them wan take do am? Cuz e no go funny oo
I thought Navy never start application?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 28, 2016
i need past q too .project50@gmx.com
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Davexx(m): 8:54pm On Apr 28, 2016
Yeah, they were d only one to do it last year, so am thinking they are gonna skip this year
Nafizzey:
I thought Navy never start application?
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Krixxb(m): 9:06pm On Apr 28, 2016
Pls i need their past questions... Biko.. Kindly send it to krixxb@yahoo.com help a broda
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Nobody: 11:59pm On Apr 28, 2016
If you're married and still want to join, you've no option but to lie. Just tell them you're single otherwise you're finished. Coz the training is very rigorous and lengthy, thereby requiring significant and uninterrupted period to finish. But be careful not to allow that babymama carry her belle come NDA say you be her husband, lol
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Harymis1(m): 9:11am On Apr 30, 2016
Like the above boss said, u just have to lie that u are single.I am married too, But my bro who is in the military has always advised I indicate single in my application, except u are a medical consultant whose age limit is 40.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Harymis1(m): 9:18am On Apr 30, 2016
Pls any one with a useful info on these: what is the advantage and disadvantage of dssc over ssc officers and ssc over dssc officers. Ur prompt response is highly needed here. Thanks.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by collins777: 10:11am On Apr 30, 2016
Harymis1:
Pls any one with a useful info on these: what is the advantage and disadvantage of dssc over ssc officers and ssc over dssc officers. Ur prompt response is highly needed here. Thanks.
The advantages of DSSC over SSC are as follows:
1. DSSC is exclusively for professionals, hence DSSC applicants have higher chances of being enlisted more than SSC applicants. This is the case because the graduates from NDA are not usually professionals (lawyers, medical doctors, Nurses etc) so they are just ordinary graduates with BSC and just like the ordinary graduates applying for SSC so while they can compete for available space with ordinary graduates applying for SSC, they can not compete with the DSSC applicants who are professionals. Remember also the NDA graduates are given priority over SSC applicants in the recruitment process because of the military training of the former.

2. The DSSC applicants are often given higher rank and salary benefits including allowances upon enlistment than the SSC applicants since the DSSC applicants are seen as professionals.

4 Likes

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by deewhy13(f): 5:09pm On Apr 30, 2016
To all DSSC Airforce aspirants can contact me for d Airforce dssc past question.

Through my watsap 08034124224
Wishing everyone of us great victory as d screening exercise commence tomorrow
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by Davexx(m): 5:36pm On Apr 30, 2016
In addition, DSSC promotion is automatic and smoother than the SSC, DSSC if am correct gets promoted as their years in service increases wereas, SSC fights for promotion attending courses and and writing exams to get promoted, competting with regulars (NDA graduates)

SSC are trained for pure combat (combatants) as such they work at fore front of combat zones at war times, any other time they are to manage barracks, platoons, commands etc.

SSC officers commands troops while DSSC do not

NOTE: if you are shortlisted for SSC, you become 2nd leutenant but your actual mates are those In thermal 1 in NDA because you are promoted to captain together, but DSSC don't wait to get captain. This means at a point SSC will salute his DSSC mate

Thanks
collins777:
The advantages of DSSC over SSC are as follows:
1. DSSC is exclusively for professionals, hence DSSC applicants have higher chances of being enlisted more than SSC applicants. This is the case because the graduates from NDA are not usually professionals (lawyers, medical doctors, Nurses etc) so they are just ordinary graduates with BSC and just like the ordinary graduates applying for SSC so while they can compete for available space with ordinary graduates applying for SSC, they can not compete with the DSSC applicants who are professionals. Remember also the NDA graduates are given priority over SSC applicants in the recruitment process because of the military training of the former.

2. The DSSC applicants are often given higher rank and salary benefits including allowances upon enlistment than the SSC applicants since the DSSC applicants are seen as professionals.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by projet: 12:18am On May 01, 2016
please guys help,am trying to register for SSC...I got stuck in the uploading certificates page,they said the size of the certificates should not be more than 1mb,meanwhile all my certificates sizes are above 1mb...please what should I do
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by franksunny(m): 8:13am On May 01, 2016
projet:
please guys help,am trying to register for SSC...I got stuck in the uploading certificates page,they said the size of the certificates should not be more than 1mb,meanwhile all my certificates sizes are above 1mb...please what should I do
If you can not re size your document, then look for some one to do it for you.
Re: Nigerian Army SSC And DSSC 2016/2017 Forum by projet: 7:19pm On May 01, 2016
franksunny:
If you can not re size your document, then look for some one to do it for you.
thanks man...have resized them.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (963) (Reply)

Nigeria Customs Recruitment 2019. How To Apply. 3,200 Officers To Be Recruited / Post Entry Level/Industrial Trainee Jobs Here For Those Without Experience / NCDMB 2020 Oil and Gas EH & GT Jobs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.