Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,156 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate (47329 Views)

5 Ways You Can Avoid Carryovers As A Fresh Student / Hardest Course(s) You Did In School As An Undergraduate. / Agbo Odeh-Hillary Of BSU Breaks Academic Record After 17 Carryovers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate by Fraih(f): 2:54pm On Jan 22, 2016
Auxigen:

Same here in UNIUYO. The thing is just grace. Last semester,after writing my CVE221 and ELE221 Exams I couldn't sleep. Why? I was afraid I would have a carry over. Results came out and I had an A in ELE.and a C in CVE. Now guess what I had in Engine maths.. an exam I was boasting dat I would not have anything less dan a B.? I went to d board and saw a BLOCK F. Asin ehh e be like dey pour cold water for my body. I no fit cry, I no fit laugh I just stared at the result. and d worst thing about this carryover shit dat scares me is having an EXTRA YEAR ..Now I dont know what to do .wether to get a new JAMB form..cos dis aint my life
Thinking of getting a new Jamb form is your Joke of the day, right? undecided I bet you don't know how costly it is now to seek for admission into higher institution, Like the yoruba will say 'Eni lori o ni fila' meaning (the one with a head is without a cap). The school has not given you an 'Advice to withdraw letter' and you wana withdraw yourself cos of a carry over, abeg no talk am again.
Who ever says carry over is the end of the world? it simply means-put on more effort next year. Infact, you are at an advantage cos you have done it once, it wouldnt be much stress for you the next year.
Please brace up and register for your course and more importantly, get a friend in the lower level offering your course who would always carry you along with information regarding the course.
All the Best! smiley

1 Like

Re: Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate by odutolu1(m): 3:32pm On Jan 22, 2016
Lasveg:
No more 'E' in UNN. score below 45 and its carry over o'clock... If u graduate frm UNN without a single carry over, u be baba be dat.

The same thing applies here too. AAUA. 75% and above is an A too, 65% to 74% = B. 55% to 64% gets you a C. 44% and below gets you a strong and bold F!
Re: Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate by tosyne2much(m): 4:24pm On Jan 22, 2016
Fraih:

Thank you oo My brother, E no easy ooo cheesy
When 40E still counts, I had a lotta oriyomi grades sha, dem 40E. But now, no one prays for 40E again.
Mehnnn, it's not going to be easy niyen oooooo

At least you should be glad you graduated when "E" was still a nearly failure victory, unlike now cheesy
Re: Why You Must Avoid Carryovers At All Cost As An Undergraduate by einsteino(m): 11:59pm On Jan 22, 2016
safarigirl:
dem dey even remark for your school. Here, only Law students get that luxury in law courses. Omo, if you get carry over for GST, nothing can change your situation, just take it in good faith.

In University of Abuja, even if you get an A when you re-sit, it will be calculated as a D...it doesn't get higher than a D

if you doubt your result, you have a right to demand that it be remarked. My lecturer prooved stubborn, so I wrote to his H.O.D and a panel was set up to review it. Though I must say I been dey very lucky

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: ASUU Seeks Public Opinion On Twitter / Neco Release June-July Result. Today 20th Nov. / Murjanatu Zubairu: Missing University Of Abuja Student Found Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.