Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Nursing Mothers Beware!!! The Wonder Meal-soya Beans Could kill (photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Nursing Mothers Beware!!! The Wonder Meal-soya Beans Could kill (photos) (1140 Views)

Lagos Hospital Detains Nursing Mothers, Babies Over Non Payment Of Bills / Nursing Student Of Madonna University Dies In Her Sleep (Photos) / 10 Things You Should Never Do Immediately After A Meal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nursing Mothers Beware!!! The Wonder Meal-soya Beans Could kill (photos) by mkpuruoka: 8:09am On Jan 22, 2016
I loved all the stories I have heard about soya beans until we had a new baby... I researched deeply and what I found shocked me.

Since you started consuming soya in your home, as good as its testimonials sound, you may have been noticing some funny reactions amongst members of the family. Believe me, Soya beans may be the culprit.

Soy allergy
Soy allergy is an immune system response to soy protein that the body mistakenly believes is harmful. Once the immune system decides that soy protein is harmful, it creates specific antibodies to it. The next time the individual eats soy, the immune system releases massive amounts of chemicals, including histamine, in order to protect the body. These chemicals trigger a cascade of allergic symptoms that can affect the respiratory system, gastrointestinal tract, skin, or cardiovascular system.

Food & Drug Administration (FDA) documents report that an estimated 0.2 percent of Americans are allergic to soy...

Whatever the statistics, everyone seems to agree that soy allergy is a problem. According to the American Academy of Asthma, Allergy & Immunology (AAAAI), soy is one of eight foods that account for 90 percent of food allergy reactions in children.

And the Food Allergen Labeling and Consumer Protection Act of 2004 (FALCPA) recognizes soy as one of the eight most common food allergens...

Symptoms of a soy allergy may be limited to one area of the body or may involve many areas. They can include flushing and/or itching skin, swelling lips and/or tongue, wheezing, shortness of breath, hoarseness or tightness in the throat, nausea and vomiting, colic, abdominal cramps and diarrhea. Fatal, anaphylactic reactions to soy have been reported but are rare. Symptoms can occur within minutes to a couple hours after soy is ingested.

...I ASKED MYSELF MANY QUESTIONS BEFORE POSTING THIS AMONGST THEM "WILL I NOT BE DISCOURAGING PEOPLE FROM A HIGHLY NUTRITIOUS AND CHEAP PROTEIN SOURCE". THE NEED FOR EVERYONE TO KNOW AND EVALUATE HIS OR HER COURSE OF ACTION WAS MORE OVERRIDING. THANKS

http://www.glutenfreeandmore.com/issues/1_13/soy_sensitive-1802-1.html

http://kidshealth.org/parent/medical/allergies/soy_allergy.html#
(PLS MAKE AN EFFORT TO READ THE 3 PAGES)

(1) (Reply)

Man Falls Victim Of Fake Orbit Gum / Recommended Age For Baby Walkers / History Was Made On 15th January 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.