Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,879 members, 7,817,587 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:02 PM

Do Babies See Spirits? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Do Babies See Spirits? (4925 Views)

Do Babies Enjoy Being Backed? / Do Babies Need Drugs Before They Start Teething? Mothers Pls Help!!! / What Do Babies Stare Blankly At? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Babies See Spirits? by KB1(m): 8:14pm On Jun 24, 2009
My son is now almost 2 months old and I'm noticing that he looks up at the ceiling and other certain areas of the house with a mesmerized look for a while, and then out of the blue he'll start laughing at whatever he's looking at, and making voices at it as if he was talking to it. I think he sees spirits. undecided He does this all the time, and on a few occasions while looking into a corner or the ceiling or just into thin air, he'd begin crying as if something spooked him. I remember once picking him up after such incident, and waling him away in the opposite direction of where he was staring and he started squirming around in my arms in a effort to get a chance to peak back behind us, as if he was checking to see if whatever it was that spooked him was following us.

I told some folks at work about this behavior and most of those I've told said their babies did the same thing.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Hauwa1: 9:34pm On Jun 24, 2009
i thought there is natural cotton wool covering the eyes of new babies till abt 3months?

correct me pls if am wrong wink
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by tpiah: 9:39pm On Jun 24, 2009
could be spirits or could be colic. undecided
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Nobody: 1:58am On Jun 25, 2009
LOL. It's perfectly natural.
Of all my years (10) taking care of kids, I've witnessed such occurrence with more than one baby.
Hard to explain, maybe its just a fascination.

If it worries you so much, check up with his pediatrician

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by mamagee3(f): 2:46am On Jun 25, 2009
You can ask them. grin
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Ndipe(m): 3:07am On Jun 25, 2009
Na wao! Poster, what are you upt? Babies are just fun to be with and are probably getting acquainted with environment, hence their constant immersion at objects. Let me ask you this: Why do babies get attached to certain individuals they come in contact with regularly over others?
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Outstrip(f): 3:10am On Jun 25, 2009
Babies do that all the time. They do not really make out things until they are a little older.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Fhemmmy: 1:00pm On Jun 25, 2009
Scary post.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by touchmeder: 7:47pm On Jun 25, 2009
That is a baby for u. dont make it any larger than what it is undecided
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by jumie(f): 1:36pm On Jun 26, 2009
Its a perfectly normal thing. Relax.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Fhemmmy: 1:38pm On Jun 26, 2009
jumie:

Its a perfectly normal thing. Relax.

Normal thing for a baby to see spirit?
What kinda spirit would that be oh, good or bad one?
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Ndipe(m): 10:31pm On Jun 26, 2009
Poster, abeg relax, hope you dont become paranoid and take your innocent baby to this pseudo organization who might then brand him a . . . and attempt to alienate you from him. Have you been reading reports on childwitches in Nigeria? Please relax, the baby is trying to get acquainted with his environment.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by phillybabe: 1:25pm On Jul 02, 2009
@poster

babies and little children can see things dat we can't.
i believe dat babies can see spirits and such.
u are not comfortable with d occurrence hence ure post.
when my kids were younger i had to tell them repeatedly dat no monster can enter my house so to not be afraid of the dark or wotever.
i would advice that u pray over the child, sanctify their eyes not to see such phenomenon( cos we wrestle not against flesh and blood, ),seal off your home environment with blood of Jesus and when u notice d child behaving in that manner, you should rebuke aloud any spirit in dat vicinity

2 Likes

Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Sissy3(f): 7:08am On Jul 03, 2009
@ poster

i know what you experiencing, i have experienced such too. however, i don't think it's anything extraordinary IMO, it's just pure fascination! don't think too much into it.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by mrsb(f): 2:18pm On Jul 03, 2009
Its totally normal. My 3 all did it. I'd like to think they caught a glimpse of their guardian angels! wink

1 Like

Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Fhemmmy: 3:30pm On Jul 03, 2009
mrsb:

Its totally normal. My 3 all did it. I'd like to think they caught a glimpse of their guardian angels! wink

who cld the guardian angels be?
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by nath01(m): 8:52am On Feb 16, 2011
Pls,dont expose ur baby 2 the wicked ones it is normal 4 baby 2 do like dat at dat age,they are attracted to colour.4 more information www.babycentre.com
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by malaika(f): 9:22am On Feb 16, 2011
:/
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Feb 16, 2011
It's certainly possible. Only God knows.

Though children tend to be very sensitive and open to these things.

1 Like

Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by horny4u(f): 8:27am On Feb 17, 2011
No 1 your baby is protected physically and spiritually.
2 I think babies see fairies and pixies, kind elemental beings, Its not all that exists that we can see with our physical eyes.
My younger sis as a baby used to play with 2 imaginary friends till she was about two. She is a graduate now and a fine human.
So have no fear and place flowers plants and beautiful clean stuff around your baby.

1 Like

Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:05pm On Feb 21, 2011
If you think your baby sees spirits then be sure to:

1: Check the ventilation in the sleeping area. babies are highly sensitive to varying smells around the house from cigarettes, alcohol,  Perfumes, Spicy cooking or stuffy air. any of these conditions can trigger a psychosomatic behavior that affects the babies immature sense of awareness. They are not seeing spirits, they are high  grin
2: Oxygen deprivation can be a gradual process and not necessarily a suffocating experience. It can also cause babies to start seeing things  shocked be warned

I am not one to tell you how God thinks but if he designed babes to see Spirits, he must be one naughty biatch-arse Nigga  angry to open their little innocent minds to pathways that the Devil  can manipulate.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by spicyhoney(f): 11:58pm On Feb 22, 2011
I think babies just like to stare at things they are fascinated with. My niece who is barely two months old stares at me all the time whenever I go visiting. She's always looking into my eyes and does not cry when I carry her, sometimes I jokingly ask if she has a message for me from God cause of her intense stare. But definitely, she's seeing no spirits.
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by marttol: 12:39pm On Mar 13, 2018
Actually seeing spirit... Take it or leave it
Re: Do Babies See Spirits? by drlateef: 11:55pm On Jul 20, 2018
Yes babies can see spirits just like dogs, until when they start to speak.

(1) (Reply)

Should Women Lose Their Individuality In Marriage? / What Should He Do? / updated: Dem Don Call Police for me O, False alarm on child Abuse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.