Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,545 members, 7,955,019 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 02:31 PM

A Poem About Bad Days - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Poem About Bad Days (452 Views)

WEEP NOT WOMAN, A Picture Poem About Women facing Marital assault and batter. / A Picture Poem About Women! / A Facebooker's Poem About The State Of Naija. Written In Broken English! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Poem About Bad Days by danNaija: 7:17pm On Jan 22, 2016
I try to make a cup of coffee on a bad day. I reach for the steaming coffee cup, and sniff the aroma like a faithful addict. “kpash!”, the cup goes, shattering on impact with a wooden floor. My white shirt is stained. I'm mad.

On a bad day, I reach for a rag to clean up the mess. But first, I must wipe my shirt clean. I pick the rag, and rub it on the stained spots on my shirt. I do not notice the palm oil stains on the rag. And now, am left doubly tainted with coffee and oil.

On a bad day, I see person A, who I am trying to avoid temporarily. My pulse quickens as I see them coming. What to do? What to say? These thoughts snatch up space in my small head. Predictably, albeit for reasons I don’t understand, person A ignores me; making a bad day even worse. cheesy

On a bad day, I get on my bike to visit a friend. While on high speed, the chains break. I heave with frustration, park the bike to a metal bar, and decide to walk. Half way to my destination, my sandals cut…

Bad days, bad days. Lots of bad days these days. I hope such days do not come my way, especially as the gloom of harmattan, and the consequences of that gloom will soon hold sway.

What do you guys think? Please don't plagiarize my work.

(1) (Reply)

Poem: Letter To A Prosepective Scholar / Poem:envy / Never Give Up!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.