Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,560 members, 7,820,019 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:32 AM

I Need A Website. - Web Market (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Web Market / I Need A Website. (1763 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Need A Website. by smartsoft(m): 7:46pm On Jun 29, 2009
10 geessssssss?
Re: I Need A Website. by inhisimage: 8:03pm On Jun 29, 2009
Ok so how do i reach you, yawa-ti-de? i can be reached at theverybabe@yahoo.com
Re: I Need A Website. by yawatide(f): 9:11pm On Jun 29, 2009
check my profile.

By the way, you probably are aware of this, but for the record, even 10 * 10K probably won't cut it.

I await your email/YIM.
Re: I Need A Website. by olukunle: 10:31pm On Jun 29, 2009
yawa-ti-de,i cant see your email add in your profile page.

could you kindly get across at olukunle100@yahoo.com pls.

Thanks
Re: I Need A Website. by yawatide(f): 12:10pm On Jun 30, 2009
yawatide at yahoo dot com
Re: I Need A Website. by kolitos007: 12:32pm On Jun 30, 2009
uzoma79:

hello, we can develop that for you. follow this link http://www.webschoolportal.com/shop/ for a demo - call 08056106302 or e-mail obinna@hostingpacific.net for more details

I don't believe this did any one notice this post hehe, how can you claim to have done a website when you are using open source its free, already done website c'mon people stop doing this.
Re: I Need A Website. by yawatide(f): 1:35pm On Jun 30, 2009
kolitos,

I personally don't think there is anything wrong with this.  I mean, what of Joomla, Drupal et al?

The key to using open source is not only using it as-is but understanding the underlying code and modifying it to suit your needs.  Therein, IMHO, lies the power of open source.

I just implemented my first joomla site and I must admit, I respect its capabilities. What would have taken me a week or 2 to get done from scratch (yes, it actually takes me that long cos I take my time to do plan what I am going to do and actually set aside time for nothing but testing tongue), I was able to get done in 4 days.

Don't get me wrong, I hate it when the use of such open source is blatant (Like in this case, they didn't even bother to get rid of the joomla favicon and the title still reads, "Welcome to the frontpage"wink but you have to admit, such open source has made our lives easier, generally speaking.
Re: I Need A Website. by kolitos007: 1:47pm On Jun 30, 2009
yawa-ti-de, you are misunderstanding what am trying to say, sure there is nothing wrong with using open source, but when you start using open source work as an example of what you have done to make money, then there is something wrong there.

As there is no evidence of your own skills shown there, if you understand me, clearly open source is good, every one uses it, but this guy says demo of his work, am sorry that is just plain wrong.
Re: I Need A Website. by yawatide(f): 4:03pm On Jun 30, 2009
I guess we will agree to disagree. For example, the joomla project I did wasn't something I just did, out of the box. I actually modified code to get it to do what I wanted it to do.

Not everyone has the skill set to understand where to go to change, say CSS or even PHP for that matter. For example, I remember an instance where I wanted to modify CSS but on the admin panel, Joomla said the file was unwriteable. I had to log in to the actual cpanel and navigate to the file, change permissions and then download/upload my files from there. And guess what? When I tried to do the same thing about 10 minutes later, again, the file was labelled as, "unwriteable" in Joomla's admin panel. Again, I had to go into the main cpanel to make changes. I kept asking myself how many would have even thought about doing this, how many would have ended up throwing up the towel and saying, "joomla sucks!"

So again, if you don't agree, that is fine. Based on my personal experiences though, I will beg to agree to disagree.
Re: I Need A Website. by kolitos007: 4:33pm On Jun 30, 2009
I feel you yawa-ti-de
Re: I Need A Website. by inhisimage: 4:52pm On Jul 01, 2009
yawa please reply the mail i sent to your yahoo box. this project is kinda urgent.
Re: I Need A Website. by yawatide(f): 5:05pm On Jul 01, 2009
I will get to it within the next 24 hours. Sorry for any inconveniences. Besides, it took you 3 days to send d email wink
Re: I Need A Website. by rojad(m): 4:05pm On Jul 04, 2009
We can help. Call 07029476829 or visit rojadhost.net
Re: I Need A Website. by Terebinth(f): 11:14pm On Jul 04, 2009
what happened to my previous post?
Re: I Need A Website. by yawatide(f): 4:59am On Jul 05, 2009
probably flagged for spam
Re: I Need A Website. by ade9ja(m): 1:56pm On Jul 05, 2009
if you are ready, with your money not a chicken change to a webmaster, you will get one.
Re: I Need A Website. by Terebinth(f): 1:44am On Jul 06, 2009
@yawa, funny thing is it came up right after I asked what happened to it, but now its disappeared ago.

sad Now I remember why I don't really log into nairaland that often, my posts seem to disappear.

Anyways I was mererly saying to inhisimage that if you want something for nothing, thats what you get 'nothing'. For 10k, I won't even waste my credit calling you.

But there's these peops that advertise on fb claiming they can get your site up and running in 5 days for 5k. Now when u go to their website, there are no examples of their work, merely some unclear images (I even tried googling some of the names, but nothing came up). There's no address or phone number. Their testimonials page has no testimonies. Once you complete the questionnaire concerning what you want as per your website, you're taken to a page with their bank details and told to credit their account. The site is 'powered by Anozim limited', but of course this link leads to nowhere!

Like I said thats what you get for wanting something for nothing, NOTHING!
Re: I Need A Website. by ade9ja(m): 4:56am On Jul 06, 2009
what sort of funny posting are you guys posting let's post relevant articles that deal direct with the issue in question, don't turn nairaland into a spaming forum.
Re: I Need A Website. by rufaai(m): 8:14am On Jul 06, 2009
he he he, amazon like site for N10,000. Its really fun, goodluck anyway. But you budget is far too small.

If you want a good work, find experts and pay well for better work.
Re: I Need A Website. by ade9ja(m): 8:37pm On Jul 06, 2009
thanks for the advice, he did not know that such site like amazon,ebay etc can cost millions of dollars to design.
Re: I Need A Website. by bug24(m): 1:06am On Jul 08, 2009
millions of dollars?
well, tell that to some so-called web developers in PH.
they paste cloth banners round the streets saying 15k for any website design plus hosting.

am gona try em out someday, give em ebay to design for me, and give em 3Million naira worth of wahala all out of the 15k i'll pay em.

They are killing this profession.
Re: I Need A Website. by inhisimage: 11:16am On Jul 14, 2009
yawatide, how many weeks now?
Re: I Need A Website. by yawatide(f): 11:31am On Jul 14, 2009
inhisimage:

I replied to your request at least 2 weeks ago now. Check your spam folder. I also included my price quote for you (definitely not 10K).

The ball is in your court. Check your spam/blacklist folder and get back to me.
Re: I Need A Website. by carbony: 1:51am On Jul 15, 2009
Some people learnt this web stuff in N10,000 computer school ,so they got no choice than making the solo N10,000, bro you no send @all oo,
Re: I Need A Website. by sisqology(m): 12:50pm On Jul 15, 2009
Lmao, 10k? Aiye ma le o
Re: I Need A Website. by raffite: 10:06am On Mar 30, 2012
Good Website Design for only N10,000

Checkout our sample designs:
www.trademapngr.com
www.africanasports.com

Call: 08035070731 while offer lasts.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Request Any Premium WordPress Theme And Plugin Here / Anyone Ever Hosted With Www.smartwebng.com? / Get Unlimited Facebook Likes On Your Fanpage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.