Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,042 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:50 AM

ADC Plane Crash In Abuja - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ADC Plane Crash In Abuja (35476 Views)

Dead Bodies From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos (Photos) / Photos From The Helicopter Crash In Lagos- Metronaija / Pictures From The Plane Crash In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by bullet24: 11:42am On Oct 31, 2006
so painfull.i wonder how this country will look like if all these continue happening
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by AKO1(m): 11:47am On Oct 31, 2006
Borishade should have been sacked by now!!!!!!!!

As in 5 air crashes in 12 months, is that not bad enough a track record already

But this is naija. cry

God will help us oooooo!!!!!!!!!!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Pamperme: 12:03pm On Oct 31, 2006
I still maintain that Nigerians should read between the lines. Last month when the Generals died in similar circumstances, i said there is something to it. Am saying it again, read between the lines.
I think Nigeria needs to go on her knees. May be this is spiritual, just may be.
May their souls rest in perfect peace embarassed embarassed
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by zexyworm: 12:48pm On Oct 31, 2006
Borishade is a coward, for pissing on the body of a defenseless dead man. His failed aviation reforms killed more people than ever.

Obasanjo is a coward for shying away from appointing competent people to the right portfolio.

Due to the above, both these people should either resign honoroubly and avoid further humiliation.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by jaybaby(f): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2006
It saddens my hrt that there is another crash coming from this same ADC Airline. cry cry cry I dnt care abt what Borisade said –Wat I ‘m dyin 2 hear is ADC AIRLINE SHOULD BE CLOSED permanently not d licence seized only

How can we were jus mourning d one that happened last yr (lst week) jus 4 diz 2 happen again. cry cry cry cry
Air is the safest way 2 travel –they should please allow only planes that r 3-10yrs 2 fly can u guyz imagine that dat plane was 23 yrs old shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

jus look @ how generations were closed cry cry cry May their SOULS rest in Perfect PEACE cry cry lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided undecided
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Danmasani(m): 2:01pm On Oct 31, 2006
If i were Babalola Borishade, I will resign in shame. My heart will lead me to make this decision.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by jaybaby(f): 2:04pm On Oct 31, 2006
So sad very Sad----23yrz is not just a number---it's OLD,

& i keep asking people Why should Borisade b SACKED?  

I hrd sultan of SHOKOTO was there & he uses SCIENCE  so wht happened to his SCIENCE?  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

God should save us 4m diz  cry cry cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by londoner: 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2006
Its such a shame, may their souls rest in peace.

The problem is corruption, of the system that is, no checks and balances or any respectible system of standards, that goes across the board in Nigeria take your pick of any industry, its also the corruption of countries who are selling on these planes knowing they are not airworthy.

I don't think these planes are manufactured in Nigeria, but obviously elsewhere, where they would never put any of their citizens in such risk.

I do despair when I hear Nigerians respond all the time with "God will save us, let us pray", when are we going to realise that if things are not DONE (in a practical sense) these things will continue to happen,

How long are we going to cart the responsibilites of building and enforcing essential nation building regulations onto God?

The atrocities and mishaps on the roads, air, sea, communities, industry, education are ALL as a result of us not DOING what it takes to build a nation that actually flourishes, and all the systems which help it remain that way.

For example, apparently pilots in  private Nigerian airlines are actually paid by the day/hour, so  are more likely to make decisions to fly based on economics and not safety, now if the industry was properly regulared in terms of pay and strict safety checks, would there have been so many crashes in 12 months? If there was a good system of roads, would there be the high incidence of deaths on the roads?

We can talk about God and prayer (which is all good), but its actually our system (or lack of it rather) which makes Nigeria so open to calamity.  The sooner we realise that, the better for Nigeria.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by cabali(m): 6:37pm On Oct 31, 2006
The minister should be relieved of his position asap! there may be flight hassles to come so the immediate must be done

Flying is still convenient and the recent crashes cant make anyone change their minds abt flying so I think the administration must do som' abt this or else they will have issues flying abt during the next elections
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by obong(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2006
250 people in 3 seperate crashes since 1996.

ADC has had 2 crashes i believe. which was the third one? and its not just ADC, its all of them. they need to shut down all the airlines
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by zexyworm: 8:50pm On Oct 31, 2006
Obong, here below is the info regarding the 1998 crash of ADC:

On 29 July 1997 a BAC One-Eleven 203AE landing at Calabar overshot the runway and an engine caught fire. There was one fatality.

The two other fatal crashes happened in 1996 (Lagos) where 145 people perished, and obviously the recent one claiming 96 lives.

ADC also crashed its both DC-9-30s in Monrovia where the crew was attempting a landing during a torrential rains in both scenarios. Luckily nobody there died.

All in all ADC Airlines PLC crashed 5 aircraft (1994,1995,1996,1997,2006).

There's no way in the world ADC will survive this time. The show is over!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by jaybaby(f): 8:52pm On Oct 31, 2006
LonDoner--- u say d pilots r not paid ---must that make 'em go on a SUICIDE MISSION?  

Thank God the PASTORS in all CHURCHES r wakin up naw 2 stop CORRUPTION, with 'em Guiding & coming 2gether 2 pray 4 d country guess der will b less disturbing stories li diz! God save us
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by marlet01(m): 9:51pm On Oct 31, 2006
may their gentle soul rest in perfect peace amen, sad sad sad
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by cabali(m): 2:11am On Nov 01, 2006
I second that! after all said and done
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by marlet01(m): 11:06am On Nov 01, 2006
we jsut have to pray for the departed souls cos no amount of critisizing anybody can bring back the souls of the departed. cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by londoner: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2006
Jaybaby, they are paid, but by the hour/day, so they will make decisions for economic reasons rather than safety, if someone has taken chances a few times and has escaped calamity, they will do it just that one more time, the point is, the Nigerian system is churning out desperate people  who are cutting corners.

From people buying subpar planes, to those subpar planes not being checked, to pilots who will choose to fly in dangerous whether, without someone higher up  withholding that permission to fly, there seems to be no set standards of safety and quality in Nigeria, why wouldn't these things happen then, is it not the same with the buildings falling down across Nigeria?

If we don't deal with the problems practically, why do we expect different results? If we had done so before now, we wouldn't be praying for already departed souls in such number, because maybe their lives would have been saved.

Its like having a bucket with a hole in it, not fixing it, and being perplexed when  it continues to leak.
There needs to be proactive measures put in place, just like in any other country in the world.

Prevention is better than cure, or are we going to be praying for every calamity after the fact, which maybe could have been avoided, it will not bring back those who are gone, but the next batch of deaths are living and breathing now.

Many of these people are dying in vain.

As far as Nigerian pastors , many of them are one of the biggest blood sucking, thieving conmen and women ever  to descend on the unsuspecting Nigerian populace.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by 2old4that(m): 2:59pm On Nov 01, 2006
Its so sad tht someone like Adulrahman Shagari was involved too.
I happen to have had an encounter with him before. Such a nice person.

May thier souls rest in perfect peace!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by jaybaby(f): 4:13pm On Nov 01, 2006
My dear, that was y i said d problem is not even with d MINISTER --is our kind of COUNTRY. if Auto's r bin checked b4 allowed in2 Nigeria---shyts lik diz will not happen.

Hmmm when i mentioned Pastors ---i said they have bin praying 4 d country 2 come out with fair election this tym----- not indulge in POLITIICS
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by londoner: 6:11pm On Nov 01, 2006
Ok fair enough, I was not arguing with you, I just get quite frustrated at the state of our country sometimes.

(Maybe I did not understand you properly when you first mentioned pastors, I apologise for that.)
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by superman(m): 6:43pm On Nov 01, 2006
na waa ooo
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by sleekmike(m): 7:03pm On Nov 01, 2006
SIMPLE. WHEN THE WICKED IS IN POWER. THE PEOPLE SUFFER.
ALL WE CAN DO IS TO PRAY. WHAT IS HAPPENING NOW IS SPIRITUAL.
REMOVE ABORISADE AND IT WILL STOP. HE HAS A NEGATIVE FATE.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by 2old4that(m): 7:18pm On Nov 01, 2006
Na lie!

How does Aborishade got to do with plane crashes in nigeria. Plane crash has been in nigeria long before he came. So y r u saying he is the problem.

Base on what we read on the net; The pilot took a personal decision to the detriment of the passengers. Did u expect the minister to be at that point to tell him to stop? The pilot only informed the control tower minutes after took off.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by naija4life(f): 7:32pm On Nov 01, 2006
Watch the video tribute of ADC plane crash victims on youtube   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RQJqEQTJIE

Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by obong(m): 9:26pm On Nov 01, 2006
Obong, here below is the info regarding the 1998 crash of ADC:

On 29 July 1997 a BAC One-Eleven 203AE landing at Calabar overshot the runway and an engine caught fire. There was one fatality.

The two other fatal crashes happened in 1996 (Lagos) where 145 people perished, and obviously the recent one claiming 96 lives.

ADC also crashed its both DC-9-30s in Monrovia where the crew was attempting a landing during a torrential rains in both scenarios. Luckily nobody there died.

All in all ADC Airlines PLC crashed 5 aircraft (1994,1995,1996,1997,2006).

There's no way in the world ADC will survive this time. The show is over!

sounds like a lie my friend. 5 air crashes. whyisnt that being reported. i hae heard of 2 (1996 and 2006), on here people are saying 3 and now 5? c'mon!
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by tyrex(m): 9:30pm On Nov 01, 2006
lipsrsealed I don't know what the problem is , I definitely think Nigeria is a beautiful country and shouldn't be going through this. Its disheartening embarassed to think that over 300 lives have been lost from mid-last year to date in airway mishaps.

We the citizens should search ourselves. It is necessary that everyone go back to their God and pray seriously for this dear country of ours. We have truly offended God; I know He's not endorsing all these but it seems He has His back to us at this time.

Its an appeal, please lets all pray for Nigeria (, and remember forgiveness for individual and collective sins). I believe things will definitely change.

I believe in Nigerians and Nigeria. Long live our great country. lipsrsealed
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by ToddTerry: 9:39pm On Nov 01, 2006
will you fly if there are 3 more crahses in the next 6 months? me, i prefer a moule.
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by cabali(m): 2:32am On Nov 02, 2006
October crash this time ADC sorry situation
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by kimba(m): 7:37am On Nov 02, 2006
[size=16pt]IT IS VERY EASY TO BLAME DEAD MEN[/size]

Pilot's widow rejects minister's verdict
By Debola Oladimeji

A WIDOW and her lamentation! ''My husband is dead and now they are lying against him.'' This was the reaction of Mrs. Mojisola Atanda, widow of the late Captain Charles Kolawole Atanda, pilot of the ill-fated Aviation Development Company (ADC) plane, which crashed on Sunday morning in Abuja to the Aviation Minister Babalola Borishade's indictment of Kolawole over the air disaster.

advertisement

Borishade had accussed the pilot of failing to heed the advice of the Air Traffic Control (ATC) of the Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport not to fly immediately because of bad weather.

In an interview with The Guardian yesterday in Lagos, Mojisola described the minister's statement as too hasty. She said: "It should not be taken with a pinch of salt.''

She also described Borishade's action as an attempt to save the aviation industry from the mess his ministry had thrown the industry into. Mojisola explained that the body of her late husband would not have been discovered among the other victims but for the marks on his hand and the Varsace belt he put on. "His handkerchief and his special wallet also helped to identify his body," she added.

Sandwiched between sympathisers at her residence, she said Borishade's statement was a mere face-saving measure that cannot be substantiated with empirical facts.

She said: "The minister should not have jumped the gun by making such an unfounded statement that the crash would have been avoided if the pilot had heeded the advice of the Air Traffic Control .The minister was putting the blame on my late husband in order to exonerate the aviation industry from blame of the plane crash, but that cannot be the truth of the matter. I knew that my husband was not a disobedient husband. The minister should have waited for the outcome of the investgation panel before making such an unprofessional statement, if need be."

The widow added: "My husband was not a new pilot. He had worked for 27 years as a pilot. He was with the Nigerian Airways before the airline folded up and he had to join ADC. He had a Masters in Transport Management from an American University. He would never take off without his papers certified and cleared by the Air Traffic Control." She added that Kolawole was a hardworking, dependable and humble man who was also generous to a fault.

"My husband was a gentle person. He was so caring that he could not even kill a fly. Very obedient and caring. He had good records with ADC. If you are in doubt you can go and ask the management of the ADC, they will tell you that Captain Kolawole was not a disobedient pilot."

Mojisola said that her husband was a skilful pilot and that he even phoned the Air Traffic Control and explained to them the situation of things before the crash:

"He warned them that the plane was about to crash land and that they should get all the rescue operation on ground ready. If they had heeded his warnings, more live would have been saved. Now that my husband is dead, they can say anything because the dead cannot talk. They should all remember that we will all die one day." Mojisola said that her husband was a devout Christian, a member of the Baptist Church and a man who could not flout the order of the Air Trafic Controllers: "My husband was not a drunkard nor was he a smoker. He was a very cautious and meticulous man. We are still expecting the results of the panel set up by the Federal Government to investigate the causes of the plane crash before l say anything further "she said.

Mojisola said that her husband was a good Samaritan who cared for everybody: "Even in the church, he always said that we should give to the have-nots. My husband cared for the children as well. Once he landed at the airport, he would call me, asking: "Did you hear the sound of the plane? The plane has just landed." Even on his way back home he would call me again to confirm that he was on his way home. Such a person cannot disobey the order of the Air Traffic Control.

She queried: "My husband who had six children with aged parents, was very responsible and had never disobeyed aviation rules?"

The widow advised the minister to keep quiet and allow those who know about the aviation industry to talk. "The minister does not have experience in aviation, he should let his adviser speak for him on issues like this, otherwise, he would continue to make mistakes. At our stage of development, an aviation inclined person should be Minister of Aviation."

A close friend of the late pilot, Mr. Samuel Shobowale, also described the minister’s statement as baseless: "Captain Atanda was an experienced pilot. He had been flying for more than 25 years. You can confirm that from the management of the former Nigerian Airways and lately from ADC. They will tell you how long he had been flying, even international flights. He never abused the aviation rules. Every six months he always did his stimulating test in Belgium. I don’t know why he should be blamed now."

Shobowale continued: "As an experienced pilot he knew the dos and don’ts of the industry. I don’t know why the minister should be castigating him. It is very unfortunate, an aircraft that did not hit anything and caught fire in the air."

He added: "May be they are saying this to persuade the families of the important personalities involved in the plane crash. They want to use the pilot as a scapegoat. I don’t know what the minister meant in his mind by trying to go on air within 24 hours of the crash, without investigation, no evidence from the black box, nothing. He just went on air, and began to rubbish somebody that had been working for this country for more than 27 years. I don’t know what will be gained in all that.

"I am happy that the association of pilots had condemned him and other Nigerians have joined in condemning the minister's statement. If such a minister does not have an inkling of what he is talking about, he is supposed to resign. God save Nigeria."
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by kimba(m): 7:46am On Nov 02, 2006
SOURCE:http://odili.net/news/source/2006/nov/1/22.html

[size=16pt]Tape Transcript of Flight ADK 054 crash on October 29, 2006[/size]

advertisement

Time Station Transmission Explanation Notes

10:14:30 A/C ABUJA ADK 053 request start-up -

- Twr ADK 053 roger UNH 1011, temperature 30 time 1015,
start-up approved

- A/C Start-up approved, could you say again the UNH and

temperature?

- Twr 1011,30

10:14:45 A/C Thank you sir!

- Twr ADL 053 Abuja Tower

- A/C Go Ahead

- Twr Confirm destination is Jos?

- A/C Sokoto!

10:15:00 Twr Roger

10:21:08 A/C Abuja ADK 06, ADK 053 request taxi?

- Twr ADK 053 cleared taxi holding position runway 22

A/C Holding position runway 22 ADK 053

10:22:22 A/C Abuja ADK 06, ADK 053 wind check?

- Twr The wind 210/08 variable at 8KTS - A/C Roger

10:22:35 Twr Wind South-Westerly now at 15KTS

- A/C Copied

10:22:47 Twr ADK 053 cleared Abuja – Sokoto in the UV224 to climb

and maintain flight level 260

10:22:59 A/C Roger ADK 053 cleared Abuja/Sokoto as filed level 260,

104-6 and endurance of 3 hrs 40 minutes

- Twr Say again souls on board?

10:23:18 A/C 104-6

- Twr Copied report-ready

- A/C *Pilot clicked microphone twice to acknowledge*

10:24:10 Twr Wind Southerly at 35KTS This is an unsolicited wind Report, indicating Tower's concern

- A/C Roger Crew offered no comment

10:24:32 Twr TWD 2401 cleared taxi ruy 22 roger -

10:24:38 Twr And the wind is southerly at 28KTS This is the 2nd unsolicited wind report

- A/C Southerly okay

10:25:04 Twr Affirmative 28KTS And a 3rd unsolicited wind report, expressing concern

A/C Okay sir, we’ll call you in a minute sir

Twr That’s gusty wind sir! This is a direct warning of poten- tial danger

A/C Yes Sir

10:25:40 A/C Abuja ADK 053 is ready for take-off

Twr ADK 053 the wind is south westerly at 5KTS

10:25:48 A/C Southwesterly at 15KTS cleared take-off ADK 053 confirm Sir?

Twr Negative, confirmed you are ready for repature now? This request for confirmation is unsual and represents a further naming

10:25:58 A/C Immediate, Ready Immediate

10:26:03 Twr Rogers ADK 053 in position cleared take off runaway

22 departs right on course the wind is 210 at 15KTS

A/C Cleared take off ruly 22 departure hightrn wind copied ADK (053) A/C Tower VGN 042

10:27:04 Twr VGN 042 Go ahead

A/C Please do you have, can you kindly give us the wind speed and direction?

Twr Wind speed indicated in the towers southerly at 15KTS

A/C It looks more like 35KTS to me This is Virgin Nigeria's attempt to draw ADK crews attention to the dangerous nature of the wind

A/C That is the tower indication, 15KTS now reducing to 12KTS A/C Okay standby, we'll wait for an improvement in the weather This is Virgin Nigeria demon strating the proper judgement and airmanship 10:27:30 Twr Copied

10:27:40 Twr ADK 053 airborne at 1029 contact approach 119-8 These timings reflect a slight dis crepancy between the operational

block and the time injection on he ATC voice re order

10:28:30 A/C on ground ADK 053 Abuja is calling you

Twr ADK 053 Abuja Tower?

A/C on ground May be it is the weather

10:28:40 Twr He saw the weather before calling for take off

10:29:44 A/C on

ground I don’t think it is a big problem, maybe he is just battling with the turbulence

10:30:30 Twr ADK 053 Abuja tower

10:31:38 Twr ADK can you read Abuja

10:31:55 Twr ADK 053 Abuja Tower, how do you read?

10:32:51 Twr ADK 053 Abuja Tower, how do you read?
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by ukor(m): 9:48am On Nov 02, 2006
I am almost confused about what is happening in Nigeria, about the frequent air crashes, look at this: on Friday October, 22nd 2005 a plane crashed claimed 117 lives, on Friday December, 10th 2005, a plane crashed claimed 108 lives, on Sunday September, 17th 2006, a plane crashed claimed 13 millitary hightops (10 Generals), while on Sunday 29th October, a plane crashed claimed 96 lives. [within 12 months over 334 lives of Nigerian were lost] What a suddern upsurge!

Any way, may be it is because Nigeria has gone back to the oldern hide its accrubate in the bedrock! on the day, weti de hallah like this?

Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Jokotola: 11:08am On Nov 02, 2006
It's worth travelling on the road for days in this present Nigeria than flying for just few hours to hell. The news is very pathetic indeed. May God grant the families the fortitude to bear the loss cry cry cry
Re: ADC Plane Crash In Abuja by Aggressa(m): 11:33am On Nov 02, 2006
Dear All,
Below is the tape transcript of the exchange between the Abuja airport control tower and captain Atanda of ADC flight that crashed on 29th October copied from Guardian newspaper. It appears the guy was actually cleared for take-off by the control tower despite another pilot (Virgin) warning both control tower and the pilot.
If my understanding is right, not only should Aborishade be sacked, the family of late Atanda should sue him. Kindly spend few minutes to go through the transcript.
Link to the same news item: http://odili.net/news/source/2006/nov/1/22.html

Time Station Transmission Explanation Notes

10:14:30 A/C ABUJA ADK 053 request start-up -

- Twr ADK 053 roger UNH 1011, temperature 30 time 1015,
start-up approved

- A/C Start-up approved, could you say again the UNH and temperature?

- Twr 1011,30

10:14:45 A/C Thank you sir!

- Twr ADL 053 Abuja Tower

- A/C Go Ahead

- Twr Confirm destination is Jos?

- A/C Sokoto!

10:15:00 Twr Roger

10:21:08 A/C Abuja ADK 06, ADK 053 request taxi?

- Twr ADK 053 cleared taxi holding position runway 22

A/C Holding position runway 22 ADK 053

10:22:22 A/C Abuja ADK 06, ADK 053 wind check?

- Twr The wind 210/08 variable at 8KTS - A/C Roger

10:22:35 Twr Wind South-Westerly now at 15KTS

- A/C Copied

10:22:47 Twr ADK 053 cleared Abuja – Sokoto in the UV224 to climb

and maintain flight level 260

10:22:59 A/C Roger ADK 053 cleared Abuja/Sokoto as filed level 260,

104-6 and endurance of 3 hrs 40 minutes

- Twr Say again souls on board?

10:23:18 A/C 104-6

- Twr Copied report-ready

- A/C *Pilot clicked microphone twice to acknowledge*

10:24:10 Twr Wind Southerly at 35KTS (This is an unsolicited wind Report, indicating Tower's concern)

- A/C Roger (Crew offered no comment)

10:24:32 Twr TWD 2401 cleared taxi ruy 22 roger -

10:24:38 Twr And the wind is southerly at 28KTS (This is the 2nd unsolicited wind report)

- A/C Southerly okay

10:25:04 Twr Affirmative 28KTS (And a 3rd unsolicited wind report, expressing concern)

-A/C Okay sir, we’ll call you in a minute sir

-Twr That’s gusty wind sir! (This is a direct warning of poten- tial danger)

-A/C Yes Sir

10:25:40- A/C: Abuja ADK 053 is ready for take-off

-Twr ADK 053 the wind is south westerly at 5KTS

10:25:48 A/C: Southwesterly at 15KTS cleared take-off ADK 053 confirm Sir?

Twr: Negative, confirmed you are ready for depature now? (This request for confirmation is unsual and represents a further naming)

10:25:58 A/C Immediate, Ready Immediate

10:26:03 Twr: Rogers ADK 053 in position cleared take off runaway  (He was cleared to take off, right?!!!)

22 departs right on course the wind is 210 at 15KTS

A/C; Cleared take off ruly 22 departure hightrn wind copied ADK (053)

A/C Tower VGN 042

10:27:04 Twr VGN 042 Go ahead (this is tower to virgin, I think)

A/C Please do you have, can you kindly give us the wind speed and direction?

Twr: Wind speed indicated in the towers southerly at 15KTS

A/C: It looks more like 35KTS to me (This is Virgin Nigeria's attempt to draw ADK crews attention to the dangerous nature of the wind)

A/C That is the tower indication, 15KTS now reducing to 12KTS A/C Okay standby, we'll wait for an improvement in the weather (This is Virgin Nigeria demon strating the proper judgement and airmanship)

10:27:30 Twr: Copied

10:27:40 Twr ADK 053 airborne at 1029 contact approach 119-8 (These timings reflect a slight dis crepancy between the operational block and the time injection on the ATC voice recorder)

10:28:30 A/C on ground ADK 053 Abuja is calling you

Twr: ADK 053 Abuja Tower?

A/C on ground May be it is the weather

10:28:40 Twr He saw the weather before calling for take off (But they cleared him for take off!!!)

10:29:44 A/C on ground I don’t think it is a big problem, maybe he is just battling with the turbulence

10:30:30 Twr ADK 053 Abuja tower

10:31:38 Twr ADK can you read Abuja

10:31:55 Twr ADK 053 Abuja Tower, how do you read?

10:32:51 Twr ADK 053 Abuja Tower, how do you read?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why We Hiked Nigerian Applicants’ Visa Fees – US / Husband & Wife Die In Accident In Delta, After Being Burnt (Pics) / Please How Much Do Dey Sell Ticket To South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.