Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,939 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:10 PM

Korean Entertainment - Youths Over Flowers - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Korean Entertainment - Youths Over Flowers (672 Views)

Most Recent And Interesting Korean Movies / Best Korean Series And Movies You Cant Get Tired Of Watching / Names Of Interesting Korean Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Korean Entertainment - Youths Over Flowers by Nobody: 2:14am On Jan 24, 2016
Hello everyone. I know there is a Korean drama chat room but I feel it is not content specific enough to draw korean entertainment fans in. Hence I will be Nairaland's very own 'netizenbuzz'. I'll be bringing you guys the spiciest gist from the korean entertainment scene which will include drama news and reviews, reality shows, music shows (kpop news), dating news, scandals, politics, e.t.c. So anytime you see 'Korean Entertainment' in this section, just click on it.

This post is about the currently running Flower series installation by Na PD - Youth Over Flowers. I know most of us have watched or at least heard about the popular 'Boys Over Flowers' drama. Well the drama title inspired the title this reality show since flower boys have been the trend in the Korean entertainment scene for the past few years. Note that the trend is slowly declining.
The irony is that the reality show which is mostly about a group of four or five celebrities usually including a luggage boy kidnapped and dumped in a random country by Na PD and left to fend for themselves on a limited budget, are not always the typical flower boys.
In fact, the first installation of the series was 'Grandpas Over Flowers' with Seo Jin as luggage boy. We've had 'Noonas Over Flowers' with Lee Seungi as luggage boy. We've had 'Youths Over Flowers' too though 40year olds don't really count as youths.
Anyway, there is another installation of 'Youths Over Flowers' currently running and it is in two batches just like the previous one which had the cast of Answer Me 1994 at a point. The first batch includes Jung Woo from Answer Me 1997 (Trash oppa could not join the other cast members in the last installment because he had other schedules. And did you know that he got married to his girlfriend of three years about a week ago?), Jo Jong Seok (recall that hot security agent from King 2 Hearts that died?), Kang Haneul and Jung Sang Hoon. I'm not too familiar with the last two. Well, they were shipped to Iceland by Na PD.
The next batch will include the just concluded Answer Me 1998 stars. Yay!! grin And wait for it....... they are currently filming in Africa, Namibia precisely. Another yayy!!! So my Teakie is in Africa and I don't get to see him cry Anyway theirs will air immediately after this current batch.
I know we live in Nigeria and you can't imagine wasting your precious Mb on watching some korean reality show about stars who don't even know you exist. But alas, there is good news. You can read the reviews by javabeans and girlfriday on dramabeans.com That is what I do. In fact, the only installation I watched completely online was Nonna's Over Flowers and I did it for my Lee Seungi. Lol, actually I had free and fast Wi-Fi then. Oh, and one of the noonas died last year. Bless her soul. Finally, the flower series is fun and you don't want to miss it, si do check it out.
Next time fellas!

NB; Na PD means Producer Na. Na is his name

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Journalst, Didi Akinyelure Wins BBC World News Komla Dumor Award / Ay's Highly Anticipated ' A Trip To Jamaica ' Hits Cinemas Across Nigeria / News Series Alert : Stranger Things On Netflix

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.