Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,640 members, 7,823,817 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 03:59 PM

Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof (609 Views)

5 Common Signs Of A Failing Car Fuel Pump / Bad Or Failing Fuel Pump? These Maybe The Causes / WARNING!!!! 5 Common Symptoms Of A Bad Fuel Pump. (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof by chisunday(m): 9:55am On Jan 24, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, pls I went to aba to look for a diagnosing centre to scan my Camry v6 2000 model that would not accelerate after throttling while in motion.but when I off the engine for a while and start it again would begin to accelerate.I couldn't find any except a mechanic who told me it is a fuel pump problem,that I need to change it.He then brought out a fuel pump from his car and told me its 3000 naira and that it will solve the problem.But I discovered that when he was changing the fuel pump he used black waterproof to tire the scratched positive and negative wire and then insert the pump into the fuel. Pls how safe is this considering the fact that fuel is or could be touching the wires? When
I ask him of the safety of the job he did said no problem.I paid him and drove from aba to portharcourt without experiencing the acceleration problem at least for that yesterday.
Re: Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof by writetopoker: 10:25am On Jan 24, 2016
chisunday:
Dear Nairalanders, pls I went to aba to look for a diagnosing centre to scan my Camry v6 2000 model that would not accelerate after throttling while in motion.but when I off the engine for a while and start it again would begin to accelerate.I couldn't find any except a mechanic who told me it is a fuel pump problem,that I need to change it.He then brought out a fuel pump from his car and told me its 3000 naira and that it will solve the problem.But I discovered that when he was changing the fuel pump he used black waterproof to tire the scratched positive and negative wire and then insert the pump into the fuel. Pls how safe is this considering the fact that fuel is or could be touching the wires? When
I ask him of the safety of the job he did said no problem.I paid him and drove from aba to portharcourt without experiencing the acceleration problem at least for that yesterday.
just buy an abro black cellotape take the car to a mechanic let them remove the waterproof and use the cellotape simple

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof by mayor2013: 10:39am On Jan 24, 2016
chisunday:

Very very dangerous. You should know better. A slight spark in the tank and you know the rest of the story. Its better you have them taped properly. There are tapes for electrical connections you could get one
Re: Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof by chisunday(m): 12:06pm On Jan 24, 2016
Thanks for contributing so far.I bought a black cello tape for him to use but he said fuel will melt the cello tape.that waterproof is better,is it true?
Re: Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof by GAZZUZZ(m): 1:27pm On Jan 24, 2016
ithere are better ways of insulating wires that go into a fuel tank, unfortunately you were stranded on the road, and had were out of options. Using black tape is a stupid idea, because it will not hold in petrol, what you have at the moment will not melt, and will insulate the positive and negative terminals. I do not approve of it, but if the wires are joined properly, it will serve. (if the wires are not joined properly, there will be partial contact which will lead to stalling and possibly a breakdown. Best bet will be to buy the entire fuel pump with case since your present one has been compromised.
Re: Help!!! Fuel Pump Wire Tired With Waterproof by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jan 24, 2016
chisunday:
dats the best because when u used soletape the petrol will disolve the gum

(1) (Reply)

Have You Ever Changed Your Car's Brake Fluid? / 10 Cars To Expect For The Rest Of 2016 / Corolla 2004 Or Camry 2005 Needed Urgently (pls No Dealers)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.