Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,063 members, 7,956,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 12:53 AM

Boredom Made Me Do It (part 8) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Boredom Made Me Do It (part 8) (631 Views)

Boredom Made Me Do It (A Lesbian Story). / [story] Manager’s Villa (rated 18+)...part 8 / [story] The Perfect Couple (adults Only)…part 8 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Boredom Made Me Do It (part 8) by RemenZack(f): 2:01pm On Jan 24, 2016
P.S - www.remenzack.com is thoroughly responsible for any of her posts linked here on Nairaland.

As little rains hit the corrugated roofing sheets noisily, the little boy in my arms opened his small eyes suddenly. He looked small and very adorable. He looked sick too but I didn't want to tag every child I came across sick and almost close to their respective tombstones. I ought to think better.

The little boy jerked several times but I still managed to make him stay back in my welcoming arms. He opened his mouth to talk but his words were repudiated. He started breathing with difficulty, making my heart race. What was happening to this strange young boy?

A long while after, I offered Sean a Chocolate Bar and he ate it right there and then, after looking into my eyes, to be sure if I was a beautiful monster or not. Sean's difficulty with breathing stopped after a while and I was happier. I was still worried a bit about my little Niece, who has been battling Cancer for so long but her end was definitely near.

Everyone had given up on her. They stopped visiting her and sending 'Get well soon!' Cards and Gifts altogether but I refused to do same. I loved my little Niece and I was fond with her in the most dainty manner.

Sean devoured the Chocolate Bar I offered him in the most delicate manner, making me wish I had some more to offer him.

We were stuck in a small gift shop, right across the corner of the busy and smoky streets. There was a riot happening and the Police officials were still unable to quell it, after so many hours of violence. Sean narrated how he got locked down in the Shop. He narrated exactly how his Father promised to be back soonest, after grabbing his laundered Coat a few blocks from the Street, just before the Riot began but till now, there was no sign of him.

"What is your Daddy's name?" I asked in the most enthused manner, making Sean's eyes lit up.

"Shawn. His name is Shawn and mine is Sean. It's not the same so don't get it twisted!". Sean's diction and voice was so deceptive, making me confuse if he had an older human in his young body. He was precocious and his ambiguity with words made me gape at him momentarily.

"How old are you, Shawn?" I pronounced his name wrongly, making him frown.

"It's Sean. I'm 8 years old. You said you went to the Children's Clinic to visit your niece, right?"

"Oh yes, Sean! She has Cancer and she's too weak to sit or even speak. I wish she could meet you though. She would love to do that!" I blurted out, making me almost regret my words.

"I would love that too. What is she like?" Sean questioned, coming more closer to me, his eyes more shiny and filled with enthusiasm.

"Well, she's a typical 9 year old. She's a little small for her age but that's alright because she's a really good girl with a big heart!"

"Wow! Super cool. I hope she gets better soon!" Sean commented. My heart dropped because I knew Emma would never get better. Her next step was to breathe her last and cross the bar of life to the other side.

I looked through the Shop's untidy Windows, to take a better look if things were improving but it obviously wasn't when I sighted an angry bird-like Policeman beating up a man across the street.

The Policeman bellowed at the man as he kicked him in the guts and soon began name calling him. I looked away and that was when I felt Sean's tender head on my lap.

The Children Hospital's nurses grabbed Sean from my arms and rushed him to the Emergency ward. I was sweating and also trying to pray for the little kid.

I wondered what his Father would think about his missing son and about a female kidnapper like myself. I knew nothing about Shawn but I could make a few dots in my head what he would have to look like. Sean had curly ginger coloured hair and a lot of freckles on his face. Shawn had to be the exact replica.

As I thought deeply about the predicament I was in, that was when Nurse Ruth reached out for me. She was the Nurse in Emma's room earlier. She smiled at me and took my hands.

"I'm so glad you're okay, Ma'am. Emma is doing so well and responding greatly. She was so worried about you earlier, immediately the pandemonium occurred but we tried our best to make her stay calm and positive!" Nurse Ruth said in a clipped manner, making my heart calm and positive.

"Where is she now? I want to see her!"

"She's asleep. But you can see her of course. That won't be a problem at all!".

I raced myself to the room where Emma was confined and her eyes were shut tight peacefully, like Sean's. That was when I grabbed her hand but there wasn't any jolt or pulse of movement. She always reacted whenever my presence was with her but this time, she didn't. I touched her face and she was pale and icy cold. Her breath was inactive and that smile on her lips was no more visible.

Sean was awakened to I and his curly, ginger coloured hair Father. We smiled at him but a tear still managed to escape from my eyes.

"Why are you crying?" Sean asked in a groggy voice.

"Your Father is right here, Sean. Everything is okay now!" I managed to say, my tears racing down my crimson cheeks. Shawn held my hands and squeezed them in a placating way.

"Where is your niece? I want to see her! Is she alright?" Sean asked. I moved closer to him and whispered a few words in his ears.

"She said a big Thank You to you. She said you're now a really great friend to her Aunt!" I said in a staccato, my heaves making me sound horrible and childish.

Sean managed to sit up and hug me tightly. I smiled in tears and hugged him back.

I made a new friend and I was not willing to let this one slip through my fingers, all because of a small illness. I and Sean had so much to teach and tell each other.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

I Believe In You / 3 Twists / The Taxi Driver From Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.