Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,813 members, 7,810,117 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish - Webmasters (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish (23860 Views)

Any Important Tip Missing About Blog Start-up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by leksmedia: 1:44pm On Feb 28, 2016
Yes the domains are usually mostly priced in dollars but once you input your card details, they charge you fhe naira equilvalent , so if its 10 dollars and a doklar is 200 they will charge you 2000 naira
HomeOfMe:
I really appreciate the article,you're very kind. But where I've had problems is paying for the domain name hosting or something like that;they usually ask for a particular sum in dollar,though small,how do I pay it when I don't use dollar. Your reply would be greatly appreciated and I wouldn't mind your whatsapp number,thank you.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by HomeOfMe(f): 2:36pm On Feb 28, 2016
leksmedia:
Yes the domains are usually mostly priced in dollars but once you input your card details, they charge you fhe naira equilvalent , so if its 10 dollars and a doklar is 200 they will charge you 2000 naira
I'm usually afraid to imput my card details online. Could you pls tell me how to go about it;you can add me on whatsapp 08098060969.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by dozzynet(m): 9:43am On Feb 29, 2016
leksmedia:
If it's a custom domain you have to buy the domain back and reinstall wordpress , but if it's a free one with WordPress or extension then you will have to just login and continue using it
thanks for your response. Please how do you mean by custom domain and free domain. Please throw more light on these two. Thanks and more grace to you as you enlighten us here.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by ewizard1: 8:39pm On Feb 29, 2016
dozzynet:

thanks for your response. Please how do you mean by custom domain and free domain. Please throw more light on these two. Thanks and more grace to you as you enlighten us here.
Custom domain is having your blog like "dozzynet.com" while free domain is like "dozzynet."
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by dozzynet(m): 8:48pm On Feb 29, 2016
ewizard1:

Custom domain is having your blog like "dozzynet.com" while free domain is like "dozzynet."
Thanks for the explanation. More grace to you.
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by IME1: 12:20pm On Mar 01, 2016
@leksmedia
kindly view this blog:
www.tinalovefoundation..com
and help with any advice or information that can be of help.
thanks in advance and God bless
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by leksmedia: 8:27pm On Mar 02, 2016
Its a cool blog but can be better, its user experience needs to be worked it, the background is competing with the text on the page. Though blogger gives you less option when it comes to design but can still be tweaked to get a better design
IME1:
@leksmedia
kindly view this blog:
www.tinalovefoundation..com
and help with any advice or information that can be of help.
thanks in advance and God bless
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Tylive(m): 1:43pm On Mar 03, 2016
nice one OP!!!!
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by meemeee: 4:08pm On Mar 03, 2016
Thanks OP

1 Like

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Tylive(m): 4:58pm On Mar 03, 2016
this is a nice thread..keep it up sir!!
you can read more on Plugins: https://www.nairaland.com/2969202/10-must-wordpress-plugin or visit http://www.thetysblog.com for blogging tutorials
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Chibenze(m): 10:34pm On Mar 11, 2016
leksmedia:
Thanks for your comments, dont hesitate to ask questions please

hi, what next? i bought a hosting and a domain. i am stock at your last post.

please can you update the complete package? or do you have a site i can visit to complete the step?

Thanks for your response reallly appreciate

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Okwori12(m): 3:37pm On Mar 12, 2016
Here is the site i built as a result of the tutorial. www.pillarsgraphics.com please comment

4 Likes

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by katori: 3:36pm On Mar 14, 2016
Thanks a lot for the useful tips!
Can I ask you? Is it a good idea to use this platforms http://www.webbuildersguide.com/ to create a blog? They seem to be not bad, but I don`t have enough knowledge to choose something good
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Nobody: 7:04pm On Mar 17, 2016
Thanks for all this info
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by missylizzy(f): 3:05pm On Mar 22, 2016
@leksidemedia...... Blogger do offer hosting packages
Is it okay to use them in hosting my blog...i actually opened my blog with blogger
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Okwori12(m): 2:34pm On Apr 03, 2016
missylizzy:
@leksidemedia...... Blogger do offer hosting packages
Is it okay to use them in hosting my blog...i actually opened my blog with blogger

You still use the blogger and get a domain name from another hosting agent. your www.name..com will change to www.yourname.com.. and is very affordable
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by dozzynet(m): 8:59pm On Apr 03, 2016
[
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by kofomichael(f): 6:35am On Apr 04, 2016
Thanks for this lecture. Infact I'm glued to my phone since I come across your post.
You made it interesting and easy to understand, but still I have some few questions to ask.
1. Is it only the domain am going to pay for to create the website?
2. If I don't want to use wordpress, which other one can I use and which is the best?
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Obas101(m): 11:02am On Jun 15, 2016
leksmedia:
If it's a custom domain you have to buy the domain back and reinstall wordpress , but if it's a free one with WordPress or extension then you will have to just login and continue using it

pls I have an old blogsite with a on it.. is it possible to change it to a custom domain and the domain name entirely?
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by leksmedia: 11:36am On Jun 15, 2016
yes it is very possible
Obas101:

pls I have an old blogsite with a on it.. is it possible to change it to a custom domain and the domain name entirely?
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Obas101(m): 1:36pm On Jun 15, 2016
leksmedia:
yes it is very possible
Pls drop ur mail lemme message u.. Or u can reach me on Obadobay@gmail.com .. Tips on how i can change from to a WordPress custom domain name
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by movestuf(f): 1:41pm On Jun 15, 2016
nairaland in trouble wt the site...http://naijja.website

strictly for adults shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

join faceblok 100000mem=bers group for your blog traffic
https://www./100000member/

Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by whisperj: 5:12pm On Jun 15, 2016
Learn to build your own website/Blog. https:///asp9PITEne
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by nellybenn: 12:48pm On Oct 17, 2016
[quote author=HomeOfMe post=43296862]I have added you on whatsapp,my name is thelma and this is my number 08098060969[/quote

Are you interested in buying Bitcoin

Buy Bitcoin at the rate Buying price 550/$
Selling price 435/$ mobile number : 08088397396
Pm me for details
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by leksmedia: 2:25am On Oct 18, 2016
YOu stilll need to tweak the theme a little bit , its not looking professional yet
Okwori12:
Here is the site i built as a result of the tutorial. www.pillarsgraphics.com please comment
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by airminem(f): 4:18pm On Jan 19, 2017
How do i start a blog to finish using .com?

Thanks for the tutorial anyway
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 19, 2017
nice tutorial.. feel free to join our community... check my signature
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Richnero(m): 5:36pm On Mar 19, 2017
Have you visited www.inspirationloaded.com today?
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by hazan041(m): 2:16pm On Apr 02, 2017
How to get a share link maybe to facebook twitter etc please explain that a bit
Re: Tutorial On How To Create A Blog - Start To Finish by Humility017(m): 8:44pm On May 01, 2017
leksmedia:
Our site is currently taking shape, next thing is to change the theme (or template).

Click Appearance >> Theme .. Click Add Theme , You can search , search or browse through the lists of free themes available .

I will be choosing a theme called "Hiero" . Click on install. Once it has been installed, Click activate .

You have successfully installed wordpress and half way to customizing the site

please brother.... how much does it cost to buy a domain name?
heard you say WordPress is free

thanks... your response will be highly appreciated

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Paypal And UBA Africard (prepaid Visa Debit Card) / Boy, 14, Launches Social-Networking Website / What Is A CAPTCHA And What Is It Used For In Web Browsing?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.