Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,111 members, 7,957,152 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 08:07 AM

UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch - Science/Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch (33760 Views)

Residents Panic After Spotting Creature On An Electric Pole In Edo Village. Pics / Frank Darko, Ghanaian Inventor Who Built Bicycle That Rides On Water Launches / Uniben Student Builds Touchless Phone From Scratch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by henrydadon(m): 10:18am On Jan 25, 2016
all this funny project that someone can't be proud of...

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Segadem(m): 10:18am On Jan 25, 2016
Good
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by TechloadedNG: 10:19am On Jan 25, 2016
Yes Naija we got it all.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Nobody: 10:21am On Jan 25, 2016
where the car?
nonsense project that wont be useful
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by yusfner(m): 10:27am On Jan 25, 2016
this is a commendable innovation...thumbs up to the engineers
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Farnsworth: 10:29am On Jan 25, 2016
tunwumi:
This is ingenious. i hope it will be sustained and not the usual way. that remind me of the prof (AWOJOBI) that built a car in that dept some years back.

it is obviously not sustainable at the moment for the reasons already explored already in the video.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by otiigba1(m): 10:35am On Jan 25, 2016
Pure and utter Rubbish! Other countries are already building helicopter and submarines, and this guy is here putting woods,junk and nails together and calling it electric car angry he will make a good carpenter for sure

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Whizkeey(m): 10:37am On Jan 25, 2016
OK nice one
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Thobensen16(m): 10:40am On Jan 25, 2016
Kudos! Do not despise the days of little beginning. Henry Ford of our time cool
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by 3rdlegxxx(m): 10:43am On Jan 25, 2016
otiigba1:
Pure and utter Rubbish! Other countries are already building helicopter and submarines, and this guy is here putting woods,junk and nails together and calling it electric car angry he will make a good carpenter for sure

in 2016 when the world has evolved and when college students are trying to build new inventions and helicopters and crazy mind blowing inventions, we are here repeating the same type of production, not saying it's not a noble idea, trust me it is but i have seen too many Nigerian students doing nice things like this and after school, it dies, the school and lecturer that should help invest in this guys, nobody ever does, let's not even talk about the Government, those ones are just selfish and only get involved in things that will benefit them. Nice one tho, SMH for Nigeria my beloved country
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by otiigba1(m): 10:45am On Jan 25, 2016
3rdlegxxx:

in 2016 when the world has evolved and when college students are trying to build new inventions and helicopters and crazy mind blowing inventions, we are here repeating the same type of production, not saying it's not a noble idea, trust me it is but i have seen too many Nigerian students doing nice things like this and after school, it dies, the school and lecturer that should help invest in this guys, nobody ever does, let's not even talk about the Government, those ones are just selfish and only get involved in things that will benefit them. Nice one tho, SMH for Nigeria my beloved country
sounds sad but true. Annoying thing is it is being applauded by like minded people who believes this crap is brilliant
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by babadem2much(m): 10:46am On Jan 25, 2016
KingAfooBaba:
How many times has this type of project surfaced ?? The last time I checked, it was uncountable! The question is.. Where do these sets of people go after graduation ?? I'm not saying this project is mediocre, but they much have watched tens of thousand youtube videos before completing it because no lecturer self is high quality to put them through all these things, they only come to class to drop PDF files.. Nigeria, my country, my country... Where road-side mechanic is more practically experienced than Professors in Engineering in Nigeria! Celebration of mediocrity everywhere!

No be that one dey do me self

I dey suffer from initial gragra, I met this girl about 2 weeks ago, we exchanged contacts and I even invited her to my room, she came and all was going on good, I profess my love to her, she told me she can't say yes immediately, I was happy I've met my choice, told her about myself, my past love and stuffs, she told me hers also. I was already feeling on top of the world! Suddenly, this weekend, her attitude changed, infact, everything abt her behaviours towards me changed! I'm sad like now and I don't know what to do!
BTW.. The babe thick die, Big Bum, big bosoms and all... Sobs!

You don enter o grin
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Priest200(m): 10:52am On Jan 25, 2016
This is gr8..bt dnt depend on gov 4 advancment.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Nobody: 11:07am On Jan 25, 2016
otiigba1:

This a very harsh statement. Yes, electric car isn't a new technology but if you listen to the reporter, why it's gaining attention is simply because they using locally sourced materials to manufacture their cars, which in itself is commendable, because it demonstrates resourcefulness.
In your words, they ought to be manufacturing submarines, etc, but won't they have to start somewhere? The mind that builds something you could crap is also likely the mind that will build submarines for Nigeria in the future, and at the moment, we have very few Nigerians that are into that.
If this project would encourage more Nigerians getting involved in STEM, then what they did is worth celebrating.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Naturallyme: 11:47am On Jan 25, 2016
Nigeria will continue to rely on foreign technology as we are very poor in research and development. Our lecturers are nothing but bunch of quacks in academics only to earn salary. They lack self motivation and no passion for the job. Sometimes I feel like making a case in the law court against them for not doing the work they are paid to do. I still wonder how a vC measures performance of lecturers in his school. no KPI. I have had fluid mechanics for two semesters consecutively, this stupid lecturer did not write a single statement on the board. just reading from the textbook . Their usual slogan .... am not meant to teach, am meant to lecture. Lazy gags. .. download an indian lecture series and see what I call professional lecturers. Nigerians lecturers knows nothing than extortion, salary and strikes.

We have a long way to go in this country. We are all after money. no one wants to solve any problem.

Kudos to these guys. even though I haven't seen the design details of the electric car, I will call this just fabrication not design. They can continue from there and make better design.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by KingAfooBaba: 11:54am On Jan 25, 2016
[quote author=babadem2much post=42305593]

You don enter o LOL... Eshaaanu Mii oo

1 Like

Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by delishpot: 12:43pm On Jan 25, 2016
See where our leaders past have dumped us? Is this the level of research, construction and design Nigerians should be celebrating at this point in time? when people are visiting the moon and mars and bringing Africans Ebola from their labs? God punish all those leaders who steal public funds and keep our people locked up in past
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by lightofjoy(m): 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nice job
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by akigbemaru: 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
unilag studen invented a car.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by ezigr8(m): 1:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
Nigeria my fatherland is sure to be great again in a short time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by calculator123(m): 1:54pm On Jan 25, 2016
wristbangle:
Lovely development.

I hope Nigeria government can invest in these two lads to have a locally made indigenous electric cars being promoted hence boost our revenue. Enough of dependence on oil for fuel consumption in automobile.
if i hear nigeria major revenue source na oil.if them do power.what happens to the oil?
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
Donald3d:
Great Engineering Students !!!!!!! Representing EE(aka electricity and electron benders) winks
oga no lie jaree,na welder u be
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Donald3d(m): 2:08pm On Jan 25, 2016
southniyikaye:
oga no lie jaree,na welder u be
hehehehehehehe, no be me and you learn for papa muftau workshop ? hehehehehehe
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Uten9z(m): 2:31pm On Jan 25, 2016
Good one;so eventually we may one day drink our fuel
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by emzila(m): 3:25pm On Jan 25, 2016
WHEN WILL NIGERIA REVAMP AJAOKUTA STEEL COMPANY? LET OUR CAR PRODUCTION BEGINS. FAYEMI, PLS DO SOMETHING BECAUSE I BELIEVE YOU CAN.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by CioAngels(f): 4:58pm On Jan 25, 2016
My dear, visit ambode to aid your carrier.
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by vikeyz(m): 10:18pm On Jan 25, 2016
Wow, let me tell the Fresident
Re: UNILAG Students Built An Electric Car From Scratch by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 26, 2016
I just pity my country... See the kinda project we showing the world. The car doesn't even have a balance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nigeria To Experience A Solar Eclipse On November 3rd / Between Albert Einstein And Thomas Edison Who Contributed More To The World? / The Snake I Killed This Morning In My Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.