Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,419 members, 7,815,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:46 PM

Lastma - Jobs/Vacancies (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Lastma (97501 Views)

Proffesional Advice Pls: G.L 8 Lastma Officer Or G.L 8 Govt Primary Sch. / LASTMA Interview / What Are The Rankings Of Lastma Officials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lastma by olamendula(m): 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2016
You guys that put in for peace corps off Nigeria I think training starts today @ NYSC camp iyana-ipaja
Re: Lastma by alBidmaasiy(m): 5:18am On Jul 30, 2016
Alabamah:
I have been posting , yet only few comment... I feel discouraged.. Anyway, no problem.. But if there is a Lastma whatsapp group kindly add me coz dis place is dull to me and lacking of info.. 09092365725
Please, don't be discouraged. we're actually following your post. Though, I didn't put in lastma but fire service. I wish you have enough info on that. thanks for your efforts
Re: Lastma by dymex: 12:46pm On Jul 30, 2016
Same here too
Re: Lastma by folarinMA(m): 10:42am On Jul 31, 2016
Alabamah:
I have been posting , yet only few comment... I feel discouraged.. Anyway, no problem.. But if there is a Lastma whatsapp group kindly add me coz dis place is dull to me and lacking of info.. 09092365725
You are being followed nd appreciated bro,, its just that my own interest is on fire Service
Re: Lastma by Okongrace(f): 9:46am On Aug 01, 2016
Alabamah:
October 4.
pls alabamah,hw can i apply fr ds LASMA job.pls i nid ur response as soon as possible.thanks.
Re: Lastma by Okongrace(f): 9:47am On Aug 01, 2016
Okongrace:
pls alabamah,hw can i apply fr ds LASMA job.pls i nid ur response as soon as possible.thanks.
or even VIO.hw do i go abt it.
Re: Lastma by alBidmaasiy(m): 10:18am On Aug 01, 2016
Okongrace:
The application for Lastma is closed since Jan/Feb. You have to wait till another lastma vacancy is being posted.

1 Like

Re: Lastma by Alabamah(m): 6:51pm On Aug 02, 2016
LASTMA officers to become crime watchers The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) Chief Executive Officer, Mr Chris Olakpe, has said the outfit’s officers will become crime watchers besides monitoring traffic. Olakpe addressed officers of the outfit at its Oshodi headquarters. He decried the rate of crime and criminality on the highway, saying these would soon be nipped in the bud. Olakpe said new LASTMA trainees would focus on the dynamics of intelligence gathering. He said: “We want to collaborate with the police and other law enforcement agencies in the area of crime control. Therefore, we will train the upcoming officers in the fundamentals and dynamics of intelligence gathering and the surveillance techniques so that besides traffic monitors, they will be crime watchers. “The training is on and it will also be applicable for all LASTMA officials. They will all be able to network and share intelligence movements of kidnappers and other criminals on the highway.” Olakpe thanked Governor Akinwunmi Ambode for providing logistics and remuneration for LASTMA workers. According to him, to whom much is given, much is expected. He said: “We have been given a matching order by the governor to perform. He has provided materials for us to work. If you are a traffic controller and you are not visible and accessible, you are not working. You need to work with hand signals and keep moving. Between now and September, I want you to turn a new leave.” Olakpe warned LASTMA officers to eschew corrupt activities, saying: “The anti-corruption crusade we want to begin now will be more robust because it is not only LASTMA that would be involved. Any corrupt officer would be unveiled in public. Officers are not expected to leave their checkpoints, particularly in the evening. Zebra crossing should be given a close watch in Lagos. When road users run for their lives on zebra crossing, then, something is wrong. We are now in the era of e- ticketing, it should be done with sense of diligence, love, fear of God and professionalism.” LASTMA General Manager Bashir Braimah said the outfit’s officers were expected to be civil and professional. “From now on, I expect a good, civic and civil officer because our three ‘Fs’ say: fairness, firmness and friendliness. Therefore, from now on, it is either they perform or go,” he said.
Re: Lastma by alBidmaasiy(m): 7:18am On Aug 03, 2016
Alabamah:

LASTMA officers to become crime
watchers
The Lagos State Traffic Management
Authority (LASTMA) Chief Executive
Officer, Mr Chris Olakpe, has said the
outfit’s officers will become crime
watchers besides monitoring traffic.
Olakpe addressed officers of the outfit at
its Oshodi headquarters.
He decried the rate of crime and
criminality on the highway, saying these
would soon be nipped in the bud.
Olakpe said new LASTMA trainees would
focus on the dynamics of intelligence
gathering.
He said: “We want to collaborate with
the police and other law enforcement
agencies in the area of crime control.
Therefore, we will train the upcoming
officers in the fundamentals and
dynamics of intelligence gathering and
the surveillance techniques so that
besides traffic monitors, they will be
crime watchers.
“The training is on and it will also be
applicable for all LASTMA officials. They
will all be able to network and share
intelligence movements of kidnappers
and other criminals on the highway.”
Olakpe thanked Governor Akinwunmi
Ambode for providing logistics and
remuneration for LASTMA workers.
According to him, to whom much is
given, much is expected.
He said: “We have been given a
matching order by the governor to
perform. He has provided materials for
us to work. If you are a traffic controller
and you are not visible and accessible,
you are not working. You need to work
with hand signals and keep moving.
Between now and September, I want
you to turn a new leave.”
Olakpe warned LASTMA officers to
eschew corrupt activities, saying: “The
anti-corruption crusade we want to
begin now will be more robust because
it is not only LASTMA that would be
involved. Any corrupt officer would be
unveiled in public. Officers are not
expected to leave their checkpoints,
particularly in the evening. Zebra
crossing should be given a close watch in
Lagos. When road users run for their
lives on zebra crossing, then, something
is wrong. We are now in the era of e-
ticketing, it should be done with sense
of diligence, love, fear of God and
professionalism.”
LASTMA General Manager Bashir Braimah
said the outfit’s officers were expected
to be civil and professional.
“From now on, I expect a good, civic
and civil officer because our three
‘Fs’ say: fairness, firmness and
friendliness. Therefore, from now on, it
is either they perform or go,” he said.
Nice one
Re: Lastma by superted87: 2:50pm On Aug 03, 2016
Alabamah:

LASTMA officers to become crime
watchers
Authority (LASTMA) Chief Executive
Officer, Mr Chris Olakpe, has said the
outfit’s officers will become crime
watchers besides monitoring traffic.
Olakpe addressed officers of the outfit at
its Oshodi headquarters.
He decried the rate of crime and
criminality on the highway, saying these
would soon be nipped in the bud.
Olakpe said new LASTMA trainees would
focus on the dynamics of intelligence
gathering.
He said: “We want to collaborate with
the police and other law enforcement
agencies in the area of crime control.
Therefore, we will train the upcoming
officers in the fundamentals and
dynamics of intelligence gathering and
the surveillance techniques so that
besides traffic monitors, they will be
crime watchers.
“The training is on and it will also be
applicable for all LASTMA officials. They
will all be able to network and share
intelligence movements of kidnappers
and other criminals on the highway.”
Olakpe thanked Governor Akinwunmi
Ambode for providing logistics and
remuneration for LASTMA workers.
According to him, to whom much is
given, much is expected.
He said: “We have been given a
matching order by the governor to
perform. He has provided materials for
us to work. If you are a traffic controller
and you are not visible and accessible,
you are not working. You need to work
with hand signals and keep moving.
Between now and September, I want
you to turn a new leave.”
Olakpe warned LASTMA officers to
eschew corrupt activities, saying: “The
anti-corruption crusade we want to
begin now will be more robust because
it is not only LASTMA that would be
involved. Any corrupt officer would be
unveiled in public. Officers are not
expected to leave their checkpoints,
particularly in the evening. Zebra
crossing should be given a close watch in
Lagos. When road users run for their
lives on zebra crossing, then, something
is wrong. We are now in the era of e-
ticketing, it should be done with sense
of diligence, love, fear of God and
professionalism.”
LASTMA General Manager Bashir Braimah
said the outfit’s officers were expected
to be civil and professional.
“From now on, I expect a good, civic
and civil officer because our three
‘Fs’ say: fairness, firmness and
friendliness. Therefore, from now on, it
is either they perform or go,” he said.

pls ve got a brother who has collected his letter since july but he is just undergoing medical. Hope is not too late.
Re: Lastma by Alabamah(m): 4:05pm On Aug 03, 2016
superted87:

pls ve got a brother who has collected his letter since july but he is just undergoing medical. Hope is not too late.
Not at all. Not to late.
Re: Lastma by superted87: 9:44am On Aug 04, 2016
Alabamah:
Not at all. Not to late.
thanks
Re: Lastma by Alabamah(m): 9:03pm On Aug 11, 2016
LITTLE INFORMATION CONCERNING FIRE SERVICE.
There are strong indications that those who apply for fire service have started receiving there appointment letter.
On monday (09/08/2016) some where also called to report to PSO. Some where given signatures at the back of their appointment letter and where told to report to ministry of special duties for other documentations. If you have not received your letter by d time of compiling dis message then you better hurry up and call your fellow colleagues to get more information from them.
Meanwhile, another list has been pasted at PSO OFFICE yesterday (10/08) for those who have collected their LASTMA appointment letter but are yet to collect their assumption of duty certificate.. here is the little info I've gotten. Hope I have tried? Let us hear Your say on dis matter.
Re: Lastma by opeoluwa2(f): 9:43pm On Aug 11, 2016
There is a list in CSC for successful lastma candidate. For those yet to claim their letters. Just go and check if your name is out

1 Like

Re: Lastma by alBidmaasiy(m): 10:28am On Aug 12, 2016
Alabamah:
LITTLE INFORMATION CONCERNING FIRE SERVICE.
There are strong indications that those who apply for fire service have started receiving there appointment letter.
On monday (09/08/2016) some where also called to report to PSO. Some where given signatures at the back of their appointment letter and where told to report to ministry of special duties for other documentations. If you have not received your letter by d time of compiling dis message then you better hurry up and call your fellow colleagues to get more information from them.
Meanwhile, another list has been pasted at PSO OFFICE yesterday (10/08) for those who have collected their LASTMA appointment letter but are yet to collect their assumption of duty certificate.. here is the little info I've gotten. Hope I have tried? Let us hear Your say on dis matter.
You've done extremely well. thanks brother

2 Likes

Re: Lastma by Alabamah(m): 12:56pm On Aug 18, 2016
How ‘reckless’ driver crushed LASTMA official to near death By Danielle Ogbeche on August 16, 2016 The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority, LASTMA, on Monday said it had handed over to the police, a ‘reckless’ taxi driver who crushed an official, Olayemi Isiaka to near death. The taxi driver, Sunday Agbariko, who is also a security guard with Mama Prayer Mountain International Ministry in the state, crushed Isiaka’s leg on Monday at the Ojota yard of the agency while attempting to escape with his car that had been impounded. Agbariko was said to have asked one of the officials to give him his car key, saying he wanted to take some vital documents. He, however, sped off immediately during which he hit Isiaka, who was standing at the gate, the Punch reports. The General Manager of LASTMA, Mr. Bashir Braimah, who confirmed the incident during a visit to the victim, condemned the action of the taxi driver, whom he said would face the full wrath of the law. Braimah said, “LASTMA will not be intimidated by anybody, and we will not shy away from performing the task of maintaining law and order on Lagos roads. “LASTMA will always employ the instrumentality of the law to deal with any member of the society who attacks any traffic officer on duty.” Also, the spokesperson for LASTMA, Mr. Mahmud Hassan said the suspect had been handed over to the Area F Police Command for further investigation and prosecution. According to him, the victim, who was seriously injured, was rushed to the Emergency Ward of the National Orthopaedic Hospital, Igbobi.
Re: Lastma by Aromolaran: 4:03pm On Aug 21, 2016
For real
Re: Lastma by Aromolaran: 4:09pm On Aug 21, 2016
Th
Re: Lastma by Aromolaran: 4:17pm On Aug 21, 2016
Term and conditions
Re: Lastma by Aromolaran: 4:25pm On Aug 21, 2016
dymex:
Abeg... People wetin dey happen with fire service... It's taking long ooooo
dymex search for my post on page 25. It is on fire recruitment. Appointment letters being awaited
Re: Lastma by Aromolaran: 5:46pm On Aug 21, 2016
Temyjohnson:
Alabama....has it been pasted...kindly drop ur contact...phone num or email....or mail me .i gotta speak with u...temyjohnsonson@gmail.com....thanks alot
. Temyjohnsonson@gmail.com, contact me for fire on update. You may post your contact number
Re: Lastma by Temyjohnson(m): 6:44am On Aug 23, 2016
Yea....I was cleared on the 5th of may for appointment letter....yet to be called tho.....reach me on here.....temyjohnsonson@gmail.com
Re: Lastma by ahmedobalo(m): 7:22am On Aug 23, 2016
Aromolaran:
Please,may I know if u participated in the final fire service screening that held on the 5th of May? You may send ur contact no for more update
U can contact me on ahmedobalo2000@yahoo.com.
I did the last fire service screening on may dis year.
Re: Lastma by Temyjohnson(m): 8:10am On Aug 23, 2016
Amolaran.....check ur mail
Re: Lastma by Alabamah(m): 10:30am On Sep 28, 2016
Now that it has been confirmed that we are going to camp this sunday Oct 3. I think I deserve an accolade or an applause for not giving wrong information. Because this camp issues as caused a lot but I just decide to be silent about it when religion sentiment comes in. cool . Nairalanders let us meet in camp. I guess u all have my number. Still yet to meet opeoluwa
Re: Lastma by Alabamah(m): 10:35am On Sep 28, 2016
dapotemi:

Bros, how sure are you about this "Oct 4th" date because it will help someone in making a huge decision. Kindly reply me soonest, are you serious about the date please?
100% sure
Re: Lastma by Alabamah(m): 11:19pm On Oct 25, 2016
The Lagos State Traffic Management Authority (LASTMA) has deployed 1,200 newly recruited traffic officers to the roads in order to ease traffic gridlock in the state. Speaking at the at the LASTMA Oshodi headquarters, Ministry of Transportation Permanent Secretary Olusheyi Whenu said the initiative is to ensure 24 hours functional economy and sanity on the roads. Whenu urged the officers to hit the ground running. According to him, the officers have been trained in the act of modern traffic management based on scientific approach, rule of law, respect for motorists and members of the public. He warned them to eschew corruption and any act capable of bringing the image of the agency to disrepute. Anyone caught in the act of corruption, he warned, would be dealt with in accordance with the law. He assured them of continuous government support in the course of performing their statutory responsibility. LASTMA Chief Executive Officer Chris Olakpe hailed the decision of the government to recruit the officers at a period when other states are facing challenges of paying workers’ salaries. This singular action, Olakpe said, has demonstrated the commitment of the government to improve living standard of the people of the state. Olakpe, a retired Assistant Inspector- General of Police (AIG) said the officers would work with other traffic and security agencies to make live better for Lagosians. He enjoined motorists to cooperate with the traffic officers.
Re: Lastma by Nobody: 3:54pm On Dec 07, 2016
Alabamah:
Authority (LASTMA) has deployed 1,200
newly recruited traffic officers to the
roads in order to ease traffic gridlock in
the state.
Speaking at the at the LASTMA Oshodi
headquarters, Ministry of Transportation
Permanent Secretary Olusheyi Whenu
said the initiative is to ensure 24 hours
functional economy and sanity on the
roads.
Whenu urged the officers to hit the
ground running.
According to him, the officers have been
trained in the act of modern traffic
management based on scientific
approach, rule of law, respect for
motorists and members of the public.
He warned them to eschew corruption
and any act capable of bringing the
image of the agency to disrepute.
Anyone caught in the act of corruption,
he warned, would be dealt with in
accordance with the law.
He assured them of continuous
government support in the course of
performing their statutory
responsibility.
LASTMA Chief Executive Officer Chris
Olakpe hailed the decision of the
government to recruit the officers at a
period when other states are facing
challenges of paying workers’ salaries.
This singular action, Olakpe said, has
demonstrated the commitment of the
government to improve living standard
of the people of the state.
Olakpe, a retired Assistant Inspector-
General of Police (AIG) said the officers
would work with other traffic and
security agencies to make live better for
Lagosians.
He enjoined motorists to cooperate with
the traffic officers.

oga have Been following ur post since day one, though am in Lastma human capacity development dept(training)
Re: Lastma by BEANSndPLANTAIN(m): 7:23pm On Mar 29, 2021
tk002:
Also got an invite today scheduled for tomorrow,11am. I applied for GL08 alone
Hey boss. How did the interview. Were you able to get the job

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

Recruitment By Lagos State Civil Service / British American Tobacco Nigeria(BATN)- Entry Level Management Trainee Positions / Have You Been Able To Apply For DPR Graduate Trainee? Share Your Experience.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.