Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Cost Of A Treadmill. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Cost Of A Treadmill. (13860 Views)

Cost Of A Treadmill Gym Equipment In Naira / Treadmill Needed / Cost Of IVF In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 3:15pm On Jun 26, 2009
S
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by yjay(f): 4:11pm On Jun 26, 2009
Its between N100,000 -N150,000
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 4:42pm On Jun 26, 2009
D
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by xyzhelp: 7:18pm On Jun 26, 2009
A good treadmill is not cheap. Most people do not know what a home treadmill cost. They may have seen the Icon treadmills in Wal-Mart for several hundreds dollars and have the conception that is what is a starting price. Wrong!

Treadmills are machines that if used regularly, take an excessive beating. That's why if you want a home treadmill that will last, you're going to need to shovel out a few bucks. I would recommend for a good walking treadmill that withstand regular use, you start somewhere in the $1,000 range.

On the other hand, you don't need to spend $3,000 on a home treadmill that you will use occasionally for walking. Unless you have an obsession for big, expensive toys.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 8:16pm On Jun 26, 2009
L
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by dominique(f): 10:54pm On Jun 26, 2009
The one ma folks bought in abj back in '05 was about 180k. I've seen much cheaper ones at shoprite and megaplaza.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 11:08am On Jun 27, 2009
H
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by madu101: 10:51am On Jun 29, 2009
I have a thread mill for you, it is just 50k if you are interested call me on 07061619964
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by dominique(f): 12:47pm On Jun 29, 2009
madu101:

I have a thread mill for you, it is just 50k if you are interested call me on 07061619964
thats a bit on a low side, prolly used or inferior quality undecided
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Nobody: 2:30pm On Jun 29, 2009
My dear, try committing to walking 30mins a day in ur area or around the house before buying a threadmill, else it will gather dust. A Bicycle might be more effective, and you can get good ones from N50-80k
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by ifyalways(f): 9:54pm On Jul 01, 2009
ezinne1212:

My dear, try committing to walking 30mins a day in ur area or around the house before buying a threadmill, else it will gather dust. A Bicycle might be more effective, and you can get good ones from N50-80k
te he he.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 9:45pm On Jul 02, 2009
U
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jul 02, 2009
Cyberfreak:

@madu101, is the treadmill used?@ezinne, I might just do as you suggested, because I don't want to buy it with so much money and then let it sit somewhere unused due to lack of free time. And lastly, is a bicycle really more effective than the treadmill? Cos I've got one already. . .

It is, my mum lost a lot of weight and maintained it when she used to cycle. I met a doctor who told me that if i wanted to do exercise indoors, aside from housekeeping, i shud ride a bike, but that if i wanted to walk and jog, she advised that i do it in the open, get some air. She mentioned something about the mind and body conditioning itself to certain enviroments, and that i'd probably get more out of walking/joging outside than i would with 30mins on the threadmill. Haven't tested it yet, so not sure. All i know is once your committed to anyform of exercise, you'll get benefits.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 12:32am On Jul 03, 2009
K
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Nobody: 2:39am On Jul 03, 2009
Well, within three months i noticed that my mum had lost weight so when she stepped on the scale she'd gone from 77kg to 69kg. But i shud tell you my mum is dedicated! She'd wake up every morning and do 1hr straight cycle, no short cuts. She also watches her diet and i don't mean she avoids food. If she wants to eat garri and egusi, she will, but she'll eat the right portion at the right time. Now she doesn't even cycle, so she's maintain her weight at 70kg with household chores and proper meals. I've been desperately trying to adopt that attitude in my own way but i keep backsliding. I'm about to start my routine again 2morow. 30 min walk in the morning/1 hour gym in the evening or 1hr cycle in the morning/ 30 min walk in the evening, plus i plan to start swimming. Enuff water during the day and less carbs, cos i need to loose lots of weight and i reckon if it worked for her i could benefit. My mum always says it's about keeping busy, sleeping right and eating right and at the right time. Sounds simple right, but way to difficult to adhere to.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 8:03am On Jul 03, 2009
H
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by oyinda3(f): 8:12am On Jul 03, 2009
just go for a walk. u say ur in naija abi? u have to winter weather to hinder u lol
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 12:35pm On Jul 03, 2009
J

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by dominique(f): 2:42pm On Jul 03, 2009
@cyberfreak
three month is not too much a time span to lose weight, i heard cycling is also a good form of cardio-exercise. if your neighbourhood is bicycle friendly, (unlike mine) you can consider cycling too

Cyberfreak:

Oyinda, I know I can take a walk instead but I prefer the machine because of the heart monitor and calorie counter which I think would help me monitor progress better, also because with it, I can exercise at any time I feel like, night or day or when its raining or very sunny etc, Its a ready option. But thanks for suggesting.

you're absolutely right, you can always walk it in the sun or rain,the machine even calculates what distance you've covered. so you'll know if you've covered 3, 4 or 5Km. besides, if you stay in a crap-ass hood like mine embarassed, you wont want to be perceived as the jobless one who walks  around aimlessly wink

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Cyberfreak(f): 6:48pm On Jul 03, 2009
H
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by oyinda3(f): 10:04pm On Jul 03, 2009
I guess that's true.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by trimandtrendy(f): 11:55pm On Jul 03, 2009
My dear, i would advice you from my own experience. I have a treadmill at home. I have had it for three years.I think i have used it about 9 or ten times. 6 of which was within the first week it was bought.

The thing is boring to use.For me sha. I get on it and before you know it, like ten mins am bored.
But it depends sha, for you it might be different.
Now i wish i had collected that money and saved.

I still prefer skipping, i always do it while watching TV, and skipping works a lot. i have arthritis, so that cycling wont work for me, but cycling is very good. Walks are excellent too, if you are the kind that gets bored like moi.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by dominique(f): 12:26am On Jul 04, 2009
@Trimntrendy
did you try working the threadmill with an i-pod. . .believe me wit music blasting into your ears and calming your nerves, you wont experience any boredom. It depends if you're a music fan sha.

2 Likes

Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by trimandtrendy(f): 12:31am On Jul 04, 2009
@dominique: i tried. am a crazy music fan, rock music sef. But the thing just dey bore me dey go, d ipod neva helped. but like i said maybe its just me,
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by dominique(f): 12:55am On Jul 04, 2009
@trimntrendy
As they say. . . different strokes for different folks. I cant even concieve the idea of jogging or walking in that pothole riddled neibourhood with a lot of jobless people whispering behind my back. The threadmill works for me.

1 Like

Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by tpiah: 12:52am On Jul 05, 2009
you can also get your exercise by walking the dog. I used to do that when I was small and lived in a quiet neighborhood. It was fun and my cousin and I jogged quite a bit down the roads (no cars in the evening and well paved). Nice naija memories.

However, nowadays its the treadmill. Its boring, true but you can watch tv or read a book while you're on it.

@ topic

why are treadmills so expensive in Nigeria? They have them overseas for between $300 to $5000 depending on how much you want to spend.
Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by Chuksxp: 9:50pm On Sep 11, 2012
I have brand new quality electrical treadmills of #150,000 and #130,000. I also have a non-electrical treadmill of #38,000

Call 08063530269

Re: Cost Of A Treadmill. by crewson548: 12:54pm On Oct 31, 2012
Treadmills are machines , it support and take an excessive beating. It is one of the most popular types of home exercise equipment. This treadmill can be used for jogging and/or for interval training also. I think it costs from around 30,000.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Do You Struggle To Get Out Of Bed In The Morning? Tips For Good Sleeping Habit / Loose Weight With Garden Eggs / COVID-19: Gorillas At Atalanta Zoo Test Positive For Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.