Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,027 members, 7,845,330 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 03:44 PM

Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam (981 Views)

Beware Of These Two Boys Selling Sachet Water In Uyo – Man Raises Alarm. Photos / Police Finally Arrest Killer Suitor Of MTN Worker 3 Weeks After Her Murder / I'm Tired Of MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by Ekehwinz: 5:55pm On Jan 25, 2016
Good evening fellow NL's. After doing my sim registration last week, which was successful. This evening i got this text from scammers. 'Yello! We are validating your sim registration. Kindly text YES to 799 to give MTN permission to use your BVN registration details for this purpose. Thank you'. Please if you equally got this message, know that it is a scam. Do not give out your BVN number for any purpose. Thank you.

Cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by Nobody: 5:57pm On Jan 25, 2016
grin
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by dikeigbo2(m): 6:01pm On Jan 25, 2016
I just got the massage 30 minutes ago, and it got me thinking
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by Tallesty1(m): 6:13pm On Jan 25, 2016
The funny thing is that message sent to 799 delivers to 11111.
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by Ekehwinz: 6:24pm On Jan 25, 2016
dikeigbo2:
I just got the massage 30 minutes ago, and it got me thinking

the rate at which people will want to scam thier fellow being at any slightest opportunity is marvelling. Nigerians should be aware
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by Emmaus12: 7:28pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ekehwinz:
Good evening fellow NL's. After doing my sim registration last week, which was successful. This evening i got this text from scammers. 'Yello! We are validating your sim registration. Kindly text YES to 799 to give MTN permission to use your BVN registration details for this purpose. Thank you'. Please if you equally got this message, know that it is a scam. Do not give out your BVN number for any purpose. Thank you.

Cc Lalasticlala, Mynd44, Seun

My broda it is not a scam, there is a reason you have customer care lines....i got same text and verified via CC that it is actually authentic....

And it is not rocket science for your BVN to be linked to your account if its the number u get your alerts on, actually its the logical thing to do to ease stress on the us the subscriber's
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by Ekehwinz: 9:57pm On Jan 25, 2016
Emmaus12:

My broda it is not a scam, there is a reason you have customer care lines....i got same text and verified via CC that it is actually authentic....

And it is not rocket science for your BVN to be linked to your account if its the number u get your alerts on, actually its the logical thing to do to ease stress on the us the subscriber's

i havent seen in any of thier advert that they do need the BVN number for registration.
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by Emmaus12: 10:11pm On Jan 25, 2016
Ekehwinz:

i havent seen in any of thier advert that they do need the BVN number for registration.

This are the issues, them make things easy for una mbanu....did they ask for your bvn u were simply asked to text yes if you want them to use it.....

Life is not all about Facebook and instagram use google sometimes too
Re: Beware Of Mtn Registration Scam by NnamdiN: 7:01am On Jan 28, 2016
It's not a scam. It's authentic but I don't think it's working for everyone. Some did and they're still having their lines blocked.

Op change your title, it's not a scam

(1) (Reply)

Court Remands Hairdresser And Boyfriend For Fighting Over Sex(Photo) / Couple Stabs Husband,wife 10 Times(photos) / Na Wa Oh!!! Watch How Lagos Guy Beat Ashawao Over Payment Issue (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.