Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,937 members, 7,814,173 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:27 AM

How To Locate A Misplaced Android Or Iphone Device. - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Locate A Misplaced Android Or Iphone Device. (613 Views)

Top 7 Things To Do Instead Of Buying The Iphone 8 Or Iphone 8 Plus / Tips On How To Find A Misplaced/lost Android Phone / How To Use Less Mobile Data On Your Android Or Iphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How To Locate A Misplaced Android Or Iphone Device. by Tochukwupa12(m): 6:21pm On Jan 25, 2016
Well, we all know at times how important it is to put the smartphone in silent mode when there are so many incoming calls, or you are in a meeting or text messages and unintentionally we put it in silent mood. Well, all of this, the fall on the conclusion of we don’t want anyone to disturb from the regular vibrating or incoming sounds.

But it is a major problem that sometimes people forget where they put their phone and the worst part is, it's in silent mode. Almost every mobile user kept smartphone and then totally forgot about where it was placed.
Even then you can find out the phone by calling on your number through another phone and you will hear the incoming sound. Just follow the sound of the ring and you would be there.

It mostly happens with me, I always ring my smartphone to find out where I placed it but finding the cell phone when it is in silent mode becomes difficult. Have you ever encountered the same situation? If yes, then you have landed at the right place and if not, it is good. But the thing is it can happen to anyone at anytime without any prior notice. So, it is better to find the solution before finding yourself in worst situation.

Finding the misplaced smartphone especially when it is in silent mode makes you feel restless and helpless, but we are here to help you out. We are providing you some ways to find your smartphone even when it is in vibrating mode or silent mode. Have a look

Methods to find your misplaced Android smartphone in silent mode

Method 1 : Android Device Manager

From your laptop or PC, sign in to Google account that you have used in your android smartphone that is misplaced. It will show you the icon at the very right corner of the window. Click on Setting and move to Android Device Manager.

It will ask you the number if you registered the device with your Google account. So, choose the correct smartphone and it will ask you for the three options including Ring, Lock and Erase. According to your priority you can choose the option.

Click on Ring and wait or few seconds. The smartphone will ring for at least five minutes and in full volume so that you could easily find out.

Method 2 : Ring My Droid

The app Ring My Droid is an amazing app with SMS-triggered alarm system that lets you find out your phone even on silent mode. The app is easy to use. Once you install it in your phone, it will set a key phrase by default it is set to RingMyDroid.

If you have lost your phone or forgot it somewhere just ask your friend to SMS Key phrase on your smartphone. Once the key phrase is delivered on your phone, the phone will start ringing even if it is silent mode. So, your next step would be follow the sound and get back your phone with you.

But one thing you need to keep in mind that you friend can use it to make you fool also, so better to keep your key phrase secret.

Method 3 : Find lost iPhone on Silent

If you have forgotten the location of your iPhone that is in silent phone then also you can access it quickly and easily. Make sure you have Find My iPhone in your phone and from your setting it is already turned on.

Step1: From your desktop or PC, check out the website www.icloud.com and sign in to your account.

Step2: Once you signed it, click on Find my iPhone icon.

Step3: Just like Android Device manager, it will ask you the devices connected to that account. Click on All devices and it will show you the entire, list of devices connected with your account.

Step4: Choose the right device that you want to figure out and click on Play Sound. Your phone will get start ringing and the next step is to follow the sound. You will be with your iPhone

Final Words

Well, finding ordinary devices would be difficult to find when in silent mode because there is no way to find out unless you remember the exact position where you placed it. Thanks to smartphones that provides us amazing solution to take out even from the worst situation. If your smartphone gets switched off then don’t get hyper, just relax for a while and try to backtrack your memory lane.

http://techadvisor13..com.ng/2016/01/how-to-find-your-lost-or-stolen-phone.html

(1) (Reply)

Any One Willing To Sell BLACKBERRY Q10 / What's Trending #iphone7 / New DZ09 Smart Watch At N7,500 (Uses Sim Card)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.