Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,822 members, 7,844,663 topics. Date: Thursday, 30 May 2024 at 04:49 AM

Is God Only For Abraham, Isaac And Jacob? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is God Only For Abraham, Isaac And Jacob? (660 Views)

Questions For Men /women Of God ONLY / Inside Bishop Isaac Idahosa’s N2.5 Billion Illumination Assembly Church / Why Is God Not Called The God Of Abraham, Isaac And Israel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is God Only For Abraham, Isaac And Jacob? by Generica(m): 11:11pm On Jun 26, 2009
Dear wise and dependable colleagues on Nairaland,
In a particular place, two christian brothers were offended any time God is refered as the God of one of their leading pastors. E.g. the God of (Frank). They argued that it is wrong to change it. This later made them leave the place.
My question now is this: is God only that of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob?
Re: Is God Only For Abraham, Isaac And Jacob? by Tudor6(f): 10:25am On Jun 27, 2009
No, he's also a god of imagination, delusion ,fairy tales and fables cool
Re: Is God Only For Abraham, Isaac And Jacob? by Generica(m): 12:28am On Jun 28, 2009
I mean it. These persons were friends of mine. They said that the title 'God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob' shouldn't be changed for ant reason whatsoever. They seriously maintained that no matter how a man in the present day knows God, God should not be called his own.
Re: Is God Only For Abraham, Isaac And Jacob? by Image123(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2009
Psalm 118v28 Thou art my God, and I will praise thee: thou art my God, I will exalt thee.
This psalm tells us that God is the God of everyone of His children. He is the God of Jesus Christ. He is our God. we don't need to argue or strife over things with little or no relevance.

(1) (Reply)

Why I'm Not A "harebrained" Muslim. / Audio Sermons, Christian Podcasts Thursday 14 Apr 2011 By Babalobi | No Comment / Saint Peter’s Epistle To Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.